Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi. If anyone needs help on a dead end or brick wall, feel free to e-mail me and maybe I can be of some help. I have been doing this for 18 years . I have over 36,000 people in my file with sources and have written a few books myself.

artist332006@yahoo.com

Yeah I am having trouble finding ancestors on my mother's side. I don't already know who they are, I was trying to find out who they were but to no avail.

I need help finding my ancestors.

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I'm a descendant of Queen Mary of Scots (I think she ruled Scotland in the 1500s). I can't really trace my family tree any farther back than her although I've tried to. I need help with it. I'd like to know who the Queen's ancestors were but I have no clue. People keep telling me that she was a famous monarch but despite all they've heard about her I still cannot find out who her ancestors were.

One thing I'd like to know is why my family does not rule Scotland today (and we don't), being that our ancestors were royal and did at one time in history (I think it was the 1500s) rule that country. The royal line must have fallen or changed somewhere in history that I don't know about that has put us out of power and has alienated us from the throne. Because someone else has power over Scotland today, it's not my family anymore. It's almost like we've become commoners or something like that. I cringe at the thought of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes I'm a descendant of Queen Mary of Scots (I think she ruled Scotland in the 1500s). I can't really trace my family tree any farther back than her although I've tried to. I need help with it. I'd like to know who the Queen's ancestors were but I have no clue. People keep telling me that she was a famous monarch but despite all they've heard about her I still cannot find out who her ancestors were.

One thing I'd like to know is why my family does not rule Scotland today (and we don't), being that our ancestors were royal and did at one time in history (I think it was the 1500s) rule that country. The royal line must have fallen or changed somewhere in history that I don't know about that has put us out of power and has alienated us from the throne. Because someone else has power over Scotland today, it's not my family anymore. It's almost like we've become commoners or something like that. I cringe at the thought of it.

Mary was deposed in favor of her son, James IV of Scotland. He later became King James I (King James Bible). Mary fled to England, where she was arrested by her cousin Queen Elizabeth I and later executed.

Henry VII
Margaret
James V
Mary Queen of Scots
James VI of Scotland (Later James I of England)
Charles I (executed at age 48 and the monarchy abolished for a time)
Charles II (son of Charles I assumed the throne in 1660)
James II (brother of Charles II)
Queen Anne (James II daughter) (Upon her death Anne was replaced by her second cousin George I)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

BlueLioness

Mary was deposed in favor of her son, James IV of Scotland. He later became King James I (King James Bible). Mary fled to England, where she was arrested by her cousin Queen Elizabeth I and later executed.

Henry VII
Margaret
James V
Mary Queen of Scots
James VI of Scotland (Later James I of England)
Charles I (executed at age 48 and the monarchy abolished for a time)
Charles II (son of Charles I assumed the throne in 1660)
James II (brother of Charles II)
Queen Anne (James II daughter) (Upon her death Anne was replaced by her second cousin George I)

Thank you for this information! You have been a great help. :)

Upvote 0