inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Learning how to love with real people is more interesting and challenging and worthwhile > part of the best education and adventure with God, that we can enjoy.
yh. i keep gettng thoughts saying demon god and balbazul or whatever hes called i do have ocd but im worried as i cant tell at times how do i counter them and so is the imagination bad then and the music

• Prayers
Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
is listening to dubstep gaming mixes a sin as i listen to them most got no words and i also have a whole new life in my head where i imagine being a popular streamer and im mariied and all this stuff but is it a sin to imagine it

I'm old so I have no idea what dubstep gaming mixes are. But, I do have a little theory about the imagination.

1. The imagination is God given and given for a purposes.
2. The purpose is that it allows us to create, in our minds, possibilities. This tool is essential for getting things done, figuring things out, creating art, whatever.
3. We can use this tool in a way that is unhelpful. We can daydream and daydream and never do anything. If there is a sin involved when it comes to the imagination is that we use it as a way of escape, instead of as a way to engage God's creation in a productive, helpful, and good manner.

Edit: I just saw post #3. If you have thoughts like that let them go. Not a good use of the imagination.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
how do i counter them
We need how God has us succeed against Satanic stuff. God is the One who makes us strong against evil stuff messing in our minds and feelings and emotions. And God is almighty against dominating and dictatorial drives for pleasures.

But His love changes us to care about others as ourselves. We do not become free to do what we want. But we need to submit to God . . . all the time.

is the imagination bad then and the music
a whole new life in my head where i imagine being a popular streamer and im mariied and all this stuff
Well, it can be vain and unhumble to want to be popular. And competing for fame and recognition can be a way of trying to be better than someone else. So, I would say this can be not loving others as ourselves.

And marriage can be a way of isolating someone we want to use for what we want . . . while it is likely the other person is trying to use us, at the same time.

So, it can be a sin to want these things. But we can be pleasing to God Himself, not merely to selfish humans who might make an idol out of us. We can be enjoying God, Himself, and enjoying discovering how to love as His family. So, if your imagination is not helping you to this, then it is not helping you to God and finding out how to love.

And why do you escape into imagination? This can mean you are not satisfied. But God makes us content with all He pleases to share with us, and it is written >

"be content with such things as you have," (in Hebrew 13:5)

So, if you are not content . . . we need how God changes us so we are with Him and content in His love, and loving as His family . . . not on our lonesome.

My perception about music is a lot of people depend on music to make them feel good. This can be not depending on God. It can be depending on pleasure. Yes, music is used in ministering, but if music ministers grace, grace will change us so we can be strong and content, with and without the music. Because we are first depending on God. And His ministry has us loving any and all people, not only being concerned about our own selves.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
is listening to dubstep gaming mixes a sin as i listen to them most got no words and i also have a whole new life in my head where i imagine being a popular streamer and im mariied and all this stuff but is it a sin to imagine it
Philippians 4:8 "And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honourable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."

We need to keep our minds under control. Some of our imaginations are not helpful at all. We can only think one thought at a time. If we focus on the right things there will be no room for what is useless. You can check out your thoughts against Paul's advice to the Philippians. If they don't match up, trade them in for thoughts that are good.

• Agree
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Firstly what is/are "dubstep gaming mixes?" Not only are we all different ages on here but also from different countries.
If whatever that is is leading you to thoughts of demon god and balbazul then I would say it's sinful and something you need to quit.

A good rule of thumb would be, if Jesus came knocking on your door, what would you do if you were listening to it?

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,706.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Do you have any strongholds in your life? Would you like to get rid of them? Want to be a winner at spiritual warfare? The Bible tells us how to do that.

"The weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but are mighty to the destroying of strongholds, casting down vain imaginations and everything that exalts itself against the knowledge of God and bringing every thought subject to Jesus Christ."

Do you want to be transformed? Here are some very similar verses. "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."

It is impossible to do any of that without serious and persistent prayer and maybe fasting.

• Informative
Upvote 0