• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Need help to overcome inappropriate contentography

andrej558

Jul 12, 2019
Tetovo
✟15,555.00
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello there fellow christians.
My name is Andrej, i am 20 years old and i go to university.
I am writing here because i wasn't sure where else to post.
I cannot seem to overcome inappropriate contentography and i feel like i'm failing god every day.
I need some advice from fellow christians on how to overcome its temptation for good.
With Regards
-Andrej

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I cannot seem to overcome inappropriate contentography and i feel like i'm failing god every day.
come its temptation for good.
With Regards
-Andrej

blindfold.jpeg

Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you willing to spend about $10 on a book?
If you're going to suggest Sexaholics Anonymous, I'll instantly second that recommendation. Reading through it now for the first time.

Upvote 0

BigRed009

Aug 6, 2018
Georgia
✟16,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is Covenant Eyes.

Its a service you install on your devices and it keeps track of your activities. It can also block inappropriate sites. It detects when you're trying to go to one of those sites and it'll contact an accountability partner you've picked to help you (from real life, like a friend). Its very thorough.

Lots of people have used it and I'd recommend looking into it.

Remember, it is ultimately Jesus who is delivering you from this. Stay in prayer and focus on the Lord each and everyday. We have to take one day at a time when dealing with temptation. We need to receive our daily bread and choose to follow God each day.

I hope this has blessed you.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Jonaitis
Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you're going to suggest Sexaholics Anonymous, I'll instantly second that recommendation. Reading through it now for the first time.
No, I was going to recommend "Eyes of Honor", but I will look into the one you mentioned.

Open your pure eyes.

Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things (Philippians 4:8).

After struggling with sexual temptation for years, author Jonathan Welton devoted himself to finding a way to be completely free from sexual sin. He read books, attended 12-step groups, and participated in counseling—with no success.

Spurred on by countless friends and acquaintances who shared a similar broken struggle and longed for freedom, the author searched Scripture—there he found the answer and shares it with you in a compassionate, nonjudgmental way.

Eyes of Honor helps you understand how to live a life of purity by realizing:

• Your personal identity.
  • How to view the opposite sex correctly.
  • Recognizing your enemies.
Eyes of Honor is honest and refreshing, offering hope and complete freedom and deliverance from sexual sin. Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross and your salvation guarantee rescue from the appetite of sin. Your true identity empowers you to stop agreeing with the lies of the enemy that ensnare you.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AMM
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is Covenant Eyes.

Its a service you install on your devices and it keeps track of your activities. It can also block inappropriate sites. It detects when you're trying to go to one of those sites and it'll contact an accountability partner you've picked to help you (from real life, like a friend). Its very thorough.

Lots of people have used it and I'd recommend looking into it.

Remember, it is ultimately Jesus who is delivering you from this. Stay in prayer and focus on the Lord each and everyday. We have to take one day at a time when dealing with temptation. We need to receive our daily bread and choose to follow God each day.

I hope this has blessed you.

I second this. I know a good friend at my church who uses Covenant Eyes, and it has helped him.

Upvote 0

AWorkInProgress

A fool becoming wise
Jan 18, 2007
Glendale, AZ
✟89,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello!

There is a section in the Men's section for help: https://www.christianforums.com/forums/inappropriate contentography-addiction-support.214/

I pulled out an old post of mine about fighting the addiction. I hope it helps!

"Before you start reading, God knows your heart and wants to equip you for warfare. He knows it won't come over night, and he is far more forgiving than you might believe. If you hang in there with him, he will teach you how to fight. You can have freedom that comes by Christ alone. :D

Battle and Process
The battle with lust is that, literally a battle with your flesh. Right now it has a serious upper hand over you, but the good news is that you have Jesus in your corner. I wanted to break free from my inappropriate content addiction so bad, but the Lord told me it was a process. It was going to take lot time, prayer, forgiveness, learning God's Word, and many mistakes.

Mistakes, or falling into sin IS going to happen. Guilt will overwhelm you, and feel horrible and distant from God from it. 'I knew better', 'I shouldn't have done it' will bombard you. The Lord doesn't expect perfection from us, instead he is with us as we learn to grow and how to fight. Picking yourself back up, asking for forgiveness, and asking God to show you how the enemy got you. That it is the process that will lead you to victory. Learning from your mistakes.

Perspective
First thing the Lord tackled with me was to really sit down and see sex through his eyes, how he originally designed to be. The world corrupted something that was meant to be a joy between a man and woman who are of one flesh. Selfishness makes you want get everything you can out of it for self. Where the Lord teaches selflessness. To become like a servant and serving your spouse rather than self serving. How much more enjoyable would a marriage be, if both husband and wife served each other rather than themselves in bed?

Fears
Other thing was mixing God's presence and sex. Human nature doesn't want one to do with the other, but wither you like it or not, God knows everything. There is no where you can run to truly be out of his sight. Better to realize that you need his help in this area.

When the devil drops that big advertisement with half naked girl in your face, which is flaring off the senses. You don't hide yourself, but that is when you CRY OUT for his presence and for His help! The Lord ALWAYS gives us a way out of temptation, but it's hard to get to that place where you realize you NEED his help AT that moment.

Cost
Also know sometimes this battle will come with a cost.

Matthew 5
29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

If your internet connection continues to lead into sin, have to remove it. If your computer continues to lead into sin, then time to remove it as well. If hanging out with friends that like to go to bars or any other places that lead you into sin, you have to prayerfully decide if those relationships you should continue to have.

I literally had to get rid of my computer and internet. I used my parent's computer when I needed to get online. That was just how bad my situation was.

Holy Anger
Lastly, anger has to rise from within. You can't destroy something you don't hate. You won't fight the good fight, if you don't hate your enemy.

Numbers 25
"3 So Israel was joined to Baal of Peor, and the anger of the Lord was aroused against Israel.

6 And indeed, one of the children of Israel came and presented to his brethren a Midianite woman in the sight of Moses and in the sight of all the congregation of the children of Israel, who were weeping at the door of the tabernacle of meeting. 7 Now when Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose from among the congregation and took a javelin in his hand; 8 and he went after the man of Israel into the tent and thrust both of them through, the man of Israel, and the woman through her body. So the plague was stopped among the children of Israel."

The whole congregation just heard from God about his anger to this problem. Just as he done speaking to them, it happens right before them all. Now Phinehas didn't ask for permission or what to do. His anger and passion for the Lord God was aroused. He didn't think, but responded to the problem with fierceness. I use this scripture to describe that anger, that fierceness that you will need to fight your enemy.

Now I am not saying anything you do alone in your OWN strength will work. If you CRY OUT to the Lord, with that fierce and fervent spirit, the Lord will give you victory. By the name of Jesus, and power of the Holy Spirit, you will be able to stand up to temptation, and at some point be able to lead the charge against strong holds of lust."

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need some advice from fellow christians on how to overcome its temptation for good.
With Regards
-Andrej

This can be hard to deal with in our own strength. We cannot overcome many things easily which are attractive to us and pleases the flesh (and Satan will see to that). A believer in Christ will always know what is wrong in God's eyes, and because one desires to honor and please God that one will quickly confess it to God, and turn away from the wrong. Of course that is not a permanent cure, because we always have the flesh which thrives on pleasing self, so we need to be bringing EVERY bad thing to God and pray for His help. This means to be always in communion with our Lord Jesus throughout the day and He will give one help to turn from sin. In time our love for Him will keep us in communion with Him all day. We need not be looking for perfection, but know that God is ever ready to help those who call on Him in real trust.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This can be hard to deal with in our own strength. We cannot overcome many things easily which are attractive to us and pleases the flesh (and Satan will see to that). A believer in Christ will always know what is wrong in God's eyes, and because one desires to honor and please God that one will quickly confess it to God, and turn away from the wrong. Of course that is not a permanent cure, because we always have the flesh which thrives on pleasing self, so we need to be bringing EVERY bad thing to God and pray for His help. This means to be always in communion with our Lord Jesus throughout the day and He will give one help to turn from sin. In time we will find our love for the Lord will keep us in communion with Him all day. We need not be looking for perfection, but know that God is ever ready to help those who call on Him in real trust.

Upvote 0