Need help, seriously questioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Could you show where you find these?
Revelation 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Hebrews 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.... 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Upvote 0

dougangel

Regular
Site Supporter
May 7, 2012
New Zealand
✟85,556.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, I think I can agree with this statement. The sin atonement replacement theology is definitely something that I question. But if we remove this from the Christian salvation theology what are we left with? It would seem that we are left with more of a Prophet trying to renew the Mosaic Covenant...
Jesus did not claim to be just a prophet but the only way to God
John 3
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

You stand condemned if u don't believe in Christ. Christ fulfilled the requirements of OT law. This is the only way the law is everlasting. That is through Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Several years ago I started listening to Rabbi Tovia Singer and his defense of Judaism for Jewish people as a counter missionary. The obvious implications for someone that is not Jewish, as I am not, is that the lecture series makes one question one's belief in Jesus as the Messiah. For various reasons I stopped pursuing the track at the time, but recently started again. At this point my faith in Christ is seriously lacking, almost to apostasy. Right now I am more on the thinking that Jesus may not have been the Messiah, but rather a Prophet whose teachings were meant to get the Jewish people back on track but after his crucifixion were hijacked by the Romans/Pagans and we now have Christianity taking many Pagan traditions and adding to the infancy narrative to prove a point from the Greco-Roman perspective....

Has anyone listened to these lectures or read similar information? There is a lot to write about, but essentially it boils down to:
1. Jesus could not be the Messiah (and many reasons are given)
2. It is possible that the OT is true while the NT is not - and many flaws of the NT are pointed out.
3. If Judaism was the true religion up until the crucifixion and resurrection, then it stands to reason that Judaism would be the "true" religion still if Jesus was not the Messiah and Christianity is not true.
4. There are many scriptures that point to the Law of Moses not ever changing, which is opposed to Paul's teachings. However, this could still work on a MJ level.
5. Many of the "messianic" verses pointing to Jesus as the Messiah are misinterpreted on purpose or on accident by Christians in the OT.

I can link to some of the audio or video if you like, but each lecture is long - around 75 minutes.

In Acts 21:20, they were praising God because tens of thousands of Jews were coming to faith in Messiah and becoming zealous for the Torah, which I think it was because they could look at it and find him on every page. Naturally, there were also many Jews who didn't agree, so we need evaluate their arguments. One major problem though is that the prophecy in Daniel 9 has a window of time for the Messiah the appear, and Jesus is really the only candidate. Jews should be careful when trying to point out the flaws of the NT because someone could also try to point out flaws in the OT. However, I think this video gives an excellent reasons for why their are differences in the Gospels:

Jesus did not come to start his own religion following a different God, but rather he was born a Jew, raised a Jew, became a Jewish rabbi, had Jewish disciples, fulfilled Jewish prophecy, is the Jewish Messiah, will return as the Lion of Judah, and came to bring fullness to Judaism, so Christianity is a form of Judaism, and it was originally seen as a sect of Judaism. According to Acts 6:13, Stephen was falsely accused of teaching against the Torah, in Acts 21:20-24, Paul took steps at the direction of James to disprove false rumors that he was teaching against the Torah and to show that he continued to live in obedience to it, so if no one in leadership was teaching against the Torah, then all Christians were Torah observant Jews for roughly 7-15 years after Messiah's resurrection up until the inclusion of Gentiles in Acts 10. So originally there was no distinction between Judaism and Christianity, but over the years they became more distinct, with Judaism teaching people to follow God's Torah, but not to follow their Messiah, with Christianity teaching to follow the Jewish Messiah, but not God's Torah, and with both teaching to follow half the truth. The Torah is the way (Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Psalms 119:1, Jeremiah 6:16-19), the truth (Psalms 119:142), and the life (Deuteronomy 30:15-20, Proverbs 3:18, Matthew 17:19), Messiah is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6), the Torah is God's Word, and Messiah is God's word made flesh, so there is no following one without the other.

I recommend this sermon series on Finding Messiah in the Torah:

Genesis- Messianic audio Torah teaching by Rabbi Stan Farr

I also recommend Dr. Michael Brown's series on Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus:

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
May I ask what those issues are?
Still working on a better understanding of the Christology of Yeshua. Recently I was reading on Memra theology and that seems to put a lot into perspective in a more "Jewish way" so I think I am coming to a better understanding of that. But the Trinity as taught typically is still very difficult to get past.

Honestly, that is about it. I have been listening to a lot of material and using most of my "off" time to research as well and have cleared most of my issue. While it only took about a week to turn "back" to Yeshua, it is something I have been studying for years, so I had a fairly good grounding.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus did not claim to be just a prophet but the only way to God
John 3
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

You stand condemned if u don't believe in Christ. Christ fulfilled the requirements of OT law. This is the only way the law is everlasting. That is through Christ.
Thank you for your insight

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Acts 21:20, they were praising God because tens of thousands of Jews were coming to faith in Messiah and becoming zealous for the Torah, which I think it was because they could look at it and find him on every page. Naturally, there were also many Jews who didn't agree, so we need evaluate their arguments. One major problem though is that the prophecy in Daniel 9 has a window of time for the Messiah the appear, and Jesus is really the only candidate. Jews should be careful when trying to point out the flaws of the NT because someone could also try to point out flaws in the OT. However, I think this video gives an excellent reasons for why their are differences in the Gospels:

Jesus did not come to start his own religion following a different God, but rather he was born a Jew, raised a Jew, became a Jewish rabbi, had Jewish disciples, fulfilled Jewish prophecy, is the Jewish Messiah, will return as the Lion of Judah, and came to bring fullness to Judaism, so Christianity is a form of Judaism, and it was originally seen as a sect of Judaism. According to Acts 6:13, Stephen was falsely accused of teaching against the Torah, in Acts 21:20-24, Paul took steps at the direction of James to disprove false rumors that he was teaching against the Torah and to show that he continued to live in obedience to it, so if no one in leadership was teaching against the Torah, then all Christians were Torah observant Jews for roughly 7-15 years after Messiah's resurrection up until the inclusion of Gentiles in Acts 10. So originally there was no distinction between Judaism and Christianity, but over the years they became more distinct, with Judaism teaching people to follow God's Torah, but not to follow their Messiah, with Christianity teaching to follow the Jewish Messiah, but not God's Torah, and with both teaching to follow half the truth. The Torah is the way (Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Psalms 119:1, Jeremiah 6:16-19), the truth (Psalms 119:142), and the life (Deuteronomy 30:15-20, Proverbs 3:18, Matthew 17:19), Messiah is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6), the Torah is God's Word, and Messiah is God's word made flesh, so there is no following one without the other.

I recommend this sermon series on Finding Messiah in the Torah:

Genesis- Messianic audio Torah teaching by Rabbi Stan Farr

I also recommend Dr. Michael Brown's series on Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus:

Thank you for all of this, I have watched the media and read your posts thoroughly and I agree. Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together, it truly is a blessing.

• Friendly
Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Still working on a better understanding of the Christology of Yeshua. Recently I was reading on Memra theology and that seems to put a lot into perspective in a more "Jewish way" so I think I am coming to a better understanding of that. But the Trinity as taught typically is still very difficult to get past.
I do not accept any writings that add to the inspired Word. The Targum adds "memra" to what YHWH inspired. It is a man made teaching/mistake that Christians capitalized on to come up with Yeshua being the Memra.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not accept any writings that add to the inspired Word. The Targum adds "memra" to what YHWH inspired. It is a man made teaching/mistake that Christians capitalized on to come up with Yeshua being the Memra.
Thank you for your opinion, I will take it into consideration as I proceed.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone listened to these lectures or read similar information? There is a lot to write about, but essentially it boils down to:

So, the answers I'm going to give you, are incredibly controversial in today's modern Christian world. But I digress. I COULD be wrong, but I don't believe I am, so test everything that I'm saying to scripture. It will be long, but if you want an explanation, it's worth reading.

1. He definitely is, and I'll show you why. Now, first off. Israel, was separated into two houses. The northern house, (the house of Israel) and the southern house (Judah). The southern tribe kept Father's Torah, and still has, and because of it, was blessed by Him abundantly, still to this day, because as His Torah says, He HAS to bless those that keep it. If He didn't, He'd be lying, and since they've kept it until this day (aside from the man-made oral laws, and everything else the talmud etc) they have been blessed.

BUT, the northern house, Israel, didn't. Continually they failed to keep Torah, until the point that God was fed up with them, and divorced them. However, as Jesus says:

Matthew 19:8-9
"8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery."

God divorced Israel, and put them away, binding them forever to the curse of an adulterous bride. According to the Torah, Israel could only have been relieved of this curse, when her Husband died. Since her husband was God... kind of not gonna happen. So, He HAD to come down and die for His bride, as His prophets predicted. In Hosea, (I bring up Hosea, because you can't dispute that it's talking about Gentiles becoming Israel) we see that after God scattering His people among Israel, and several prophets predicting this, and that they'd forget about God, His name, and His Torah, which has happened.

2. It is possible that the OT is true while the NT is not - and many flaws of the NT are pointed out.

The NT, is an absolute fulfillment (regarding the gospels) of many, many things of the Torah and Tanakh. Jesus perfectly fulfilled not only the law of the adulterous bride, freeing all of Israel from the curse they were once under. A lot of people try to say that by grace we are free from the law, when this isn't true. The Torah still stands, BUT we aren't under the curse of it that we once were. People say that if you keep Torah you are relying on works for salvation, when this obviously isn't true. Abraham was saved by faith, yet in Genesis 26:5, we see that even he kept Torah, before it was written down by Moses. Proving that His Torah is eternal. Noah kept observance of food laws Genesis 7:2, but a lot of people don't want to face this fact, because as God promised - He'll send them strong delusions.

3. If Judaism was the true religion up until the crucifixion and resurrection, then it stands to reason that Judaism would be the "true" religion still if Jesus was not the Messiah and Christianity is not true.

Judaism, is one of the 12 tribes of Israel. Technically 2 (Judah and Benjamin). There is no Judaism. Well, there is, but Judaism, is based off of worshipping the Father by faith, and keeping His Torah. So, worshipping יהוה, is the main takeaway, because even as in Jesus' day, the Talmud, and the oral laws have taken away from and trodden down the Torah. Messianic Jews are closer than modern day Judaism, but it's not their fault. Nor is it the modern day Christians fault for thinking that the Torah isn't pertaining to us, it's part of the great deception.

Keeping Torah (which mainly Judaism HAS done) is the truth. That is what we all need to be focussing on. I used to wonder the same thing thinking "If Jesus was perfect, and He was Jewish... shouldn't we be Jewish?" We should, in a way. Because even as all of the apostles have mentioned, and proven through their texts, Torah never stopped. Actually, the early church kept Torah until Constantine started killing those found keeping it. Jesus constantly tells us, to keep Torah, but He never directly says "keep Torah", so our flesh talks our way out of it.

Matthew 23:2-3
2Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Jesus says constantly, that everything the Pharisees tell us, and do, is not to be regarded. If ever a people group in the bible was talked about that you DON'T want to be, it's the Pharisee. Yet, here, Jesus tells us, that this, is their redeeming quality, and that this, is what we can learn from them. That, they preach what Moses preached, and we were to observe what Moses taught. What did Moses teach? The Torah. He says if we love Him, we are to keep His commandments, but His commandments aren't just the 10, there are several hundred of them. People freak out about the number, but a lot of them we can't keep because we have no physical temple, no tabernacle, no priests, no judge council, and no land and country of our own. That does away with many of them, then, there are many that only apply to farmers, or women, or children, etc. Not all of them apply to each of us, because not all of us are in the situations they're pertained to. I'm not a woman, nor a farmer, nor a levitical priest.

4. There are many scriptures that point to the Law of Moses not ever changing, which is opposed to Paul's teachings. However, this could still work on a MJ level.

It never changed, aside from the sacrificial laws.
1. Because we have no temple and proper altar, tabernacle, etc.
2. Because faith on Jesus (Yeshua) was the only thing ever meant to take away our sins, as the prophets, and several other great men of faith have proven.

That, and Paul, never does away with the Torah. It's insanely confusing - his writings, but he was a great supporter of Torah. Here's proof.

This is after Jesus' ascension into Heaven:
Acts 20:6 And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days.

So, after Jesus ascended, he still observed the biblical feasts. That, and it came to pass, that certain Jews felt that Paul was teaching Torahlessness, (because of the confusing appearance to his letters, which had confused certain churches.) That they sought to punish him.

Paul did this in response:
Acts 21:24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.

The person told Paul that look, they think you're teaching to abandon the Torah. Do this, so that they KNOW that which they've heard (that he did away with Torah) was not true. But, that you DO keep torah.

That, and the story of Jesus is in Genesis. The genealogy written about from Adam to Noah says this:

Adam - Man
Seth - Appointed
Enosh - Mortal
Kenan - Sorrow;
Mahalalel - The Blessed God
Jared - Shall come down
Enoch - Teaching
Methuselah - His death shall bring
Lamech - The Despairing
Noah - Rest, or comfort.

When put together, it says this: Man appointed mortal sorrow; The Blessed God shall come down teaching that His death shall bring the despairing, rest.

Since those that kept Torah the longest, and no one had known of this happening, because the prophets hadn't happened yet, there's literally no explanation for this hiding in text. None whatsoever, especially considering, those who have kept Torah for the longest, don't believe in this message, because their Messiah isn't supposed to die supposedly.

5. Many of the "messianic" verses pointing to Jesus as the Messiah are misinterpreted on purpose or on accident by Christians in the OT.

There might be some that are, but the majority of them aren't. Whether they're in the prophets, or just in the verses of the Psalms, or the Patriarchs, etc. Most people in the OT, didn't see the mercy of Father, but those that were blessed with eyes to see, knew how merciful He was. Whether it was Abraham who was justified by faith, or Moses, or David, Lot, etc. The people in the Tanakh, that did great things, all were justified by faith. Moses wasn't perfect, yet he still saw God. Not because of anything that he did, but because of faith. That was what Jesus came to teach, that we are to be justified by faith alone. He not only fulfilled many aspects of the law (adulterous bride, the red heifer, the scape goat, the passover, unleavened bread, first fruits, and pentecost, the law for cleansing leprous homes, etc.) There's probably even more that I'm just not aware of because of a lack of knowledge, but He has fulfilled prophecy after prophecy. The reason Judaism doesn't believe in Him, is because people today claim that there is no more Torah to follow, when biblically, that makes no sense.... So there's this circle, where christians look down on jews because they keep torah and lack faith, but yet, jews don't believe christians, because they have faith but lack the torah... Even though the early church kept the Torah until Constantine forced them to abandon it for pagan practices. He basically ruined how we were to observe things, and replaced everything for paganism. Those that were found keeping Torah, died, and eventually it just became the norm, and people forgot, until today, where people can even see that what Constantine did to the early church is true, yet they'll be like *shrugs* meh, oh well. *celebrates christmas*.

You're right to be weary, but trust me. The NT in no way shape or form, did away with Torah. If Jesus taught people to NOT keep Torah, Jesus was in sin, and that simply isn't and wasn't so. Jesus is our blemish free lamb, perfect and dedicated is He.

I can link to some of the audio or video if you like, but each lecture is long - around 75 minutes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic

Honestly, that is about it. I have been listening to a lot of material and using most of my "off" time to research as well and have cleared most of my issue. While it only took about a week to turn "back" to Yeshua, it is something I have been studying for years, so I had a fairly good grounding.
One of the Jewish saying is that something like God will remain a mystery until He returns. We can give all kinds of presentations arguing this or that point, but the truth is that we all don't know the half of it.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Several years ago I started listening to Rabbi Tovia Singer and his defense of Judaism for Jewish people as a counter missionary. The obvious implications for someone that is not Jewish, as I am not, is that the lecture series makes one question one's belief in Jesus as the Messiah. For various reasons I stopped pursuing the track at the time, but recently started again. At this point my faith in Christ is seriously lacking, almost to apostasy. Right now I am more on the thinking that Jesus may not have been the Messiah, but rather a Prophet whose teachings were meant to get the Jewish people back on track but after his crucifixion were hijacked by the Romans/Pagans and we now have Christianity taking many Pagan traditions and adding to the infancy narrative to prove a point from the Greco-Roman perspective....

The problem with this entire argument is that Rabbi Tovia Singer takes his argument from a GENTILE "Christian" perspective and from THAT perspective he is absolutely right.

HOWEVER, if you look at Yeshua through a BIBLICAL Jewish lense it is crystal clear he was and is the Messiah of Y'Isreal.

Paul's teaching ARE NOT against Torah. This very line of argument is the exact same one being made concerning Paul DURING his ministry. Acts make it CLEAR that Paul was greatly misunderstood by much of the Jewish population in Jerusalem.

• Agree
Reactions: mishkan
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem with this entire argument is that Rabbi Tovia Singer takes his argument from a GENTILE "Christian" perspective and from THAT perspective he is absolutely right.

HOWEVER, if you look at Yeshua through a BIBLICAL Jewish lense it is crystal clear he was and is the Messiah of Y'Isreal.

Paul's teaching ARE NOT against Torah. This very line of argument is the exact same one being made concerning Paul DURING his ministry. Acts make it CLEAR that Paul was greatly misunderstood by much of the Jewish population in Jerusalem.
I agree with your assessment and have come to many of the same conclusions over the course of this thread and time. Thanks!

Reactions: BukiRob
Upvote 0

God's Child

Psalm 23
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2006
✟135,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
9RjrrYO.jpg

This thread has undergone a cleanup. If you noticed a post of yours missing it was removed in the cleanup. Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of this forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum. Also please no anti-torah postings. Thank you and have a blessed day.
Admin Hat Off

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
9RjrrYO.jpg

This thread has undergone a cleanup. If you noticed a post of yours missing it was removed in the cleanup. Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of this forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum. Also please no anti-torah postings. Thank you and have a blessed day.
Admin Hat Off
It is OK to close the thread if you prefer, I think that at this point it has ran its course. I have committed to a Messianic path and am in personal contact with some great Messianic Rabbis as well as have learned much from other threads and people on this forum. Thank you for cleaning it up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.