Dec 5, 2006
✟16,966.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm referring to the Catholic E-Sword modules listed on this page:

https://sites.google.com/site/apostolicapologetics/resources/e-sword-modules

For some reason, after I extract the files into my e-sword directory, they do not show up on E-sword itself (note that I'm using Windows, not Linux). I was trying to get the RSV-CE Bible module placed in there but it never shows up on E-sword.

Originally I had figured out a solution on how to get Catholic modules into e-Sword on my old laptop but once my old laptop died, there went all my Catholic modules I had placed. I don't remember exactly how I did it back then, but it had something to do with extracting a copy in the e-sword directory while somehow providing a copy on my desktop. This was the only way I knew of at the time to be able to get the modules themselves to work in e-sword; even then, my way did not work with all the modules, only some.

I'm hoping there are some e-sword people in here who can help me, I would like to use it more. It's a shame that I have to go through so much hassle just to get Catholic materials to try to work in the program itself.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone on here is familiar with using the Xiphos bible study software? It apparently has Catholic modules included in it but I have yet to see if I want to download and try it.

Dave B

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
Springfield, Missouri
✟28,432.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm referring to the Catholic E-Sword modules listed on this page:

Catholic e-sword Modules - Apostolic Apologetics

For some reason, after I extract the files into my e-sword directory, they do not show up on E-sword itself (note that I'm using Windows, not Linux). I was trying to get the RSV-CE Bible module placed in there but it never shows up on E-sword.

Originally I had figured out a solution on how to get Catholic modules into e-Sword on my old laptop but once my old laptop died, there went all my Catholic modules I had placed. I don't remember exactly how I did it back then, but it had something to do with extracting a copy in the e-sword directory while somehow providing a copy on my desktop. This was the only way I knew of at the time to be able to get the modules themselves to work in e-sword; even then, my way did not work with all the modules, only some.

I'm hoping there are some e-sword people in here who can help me, I would like to use it more. It's a shame that I have to go through so much hassle just to get Catholic materials to try to work in the program itself.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone on here is familiar with using the Xiphos bible study software? It apparently has Catholic modules included in it but I have yet to see if I want to download and try it.

I am having trouble getting e-Sword v10 modules to work in the new e-Sword v11. It seems that none of the Catholic version bibles, maps and illustrations, commentaries,etc. seem to work anymore.

Upvote 0