UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I recently got an MP3 CD of the Alexander Scourby KJV audio Bible and I also got a cheap Victure MP3 player.

I have put the CD onto my computer and transfered to the MP3 player.

All of the folders and books are in order on my PC however on the MP3 player they are mostly jumbled. One of the folders on the player istself has the books in order but Genesis to Deuteronomy are listed at the end for some reason.

Does anyone know how to organise an MP3 player?

I also have some sermons on there and they are also not easy to navigate.

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm. I’d have imagined it would have ended up the same as in the computer. I don’t have any useful ideas except to try loading it again, but I will ask my better problem solver friends

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmm. I’d have imagined it would have ended up the same as in the computer. I don’t have any useful ideas except to try loading it again, but I will ask my better problem solver friends
Thanks. I will try deleting what's on there and loading it again if I can't organise it. The reason I need it organised is most of the menus it's in chapters not books so it would take very long to get to even the middle. If that makes sense. So, they're in order but there's so many to go through

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
It really depends how it handles file structure in addition to how the files are stored on your computer. If the files are named in an order that seems to be in order on the computer it should likely be correct on the MP3 player. But not always.

Different operating systems will arrange them "alphabetically" in different orders (even putting folders starting with a lower case after all of the folders starting with upper characters). I'm assuming it has to do with ASCII ordering (the numerical code assigned to each character). In ASCII all upper-case letters come before all lower-case letters.

Also a thought just occurred: are the books numbered in order: i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5? If so, if most of it is correct (i.e. 10-66) try renaming the first 9 folders to start with a "0" (i.e. "01 - Genesis", "02 - Exodus")

Reactions: Dansiph
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Yes it really does depend how it structures files.

Very often CDs are encoded with information that communicates with whatever media player it's used in to give a natural order to the songs, as they're listed.

As mentioned above, numbering them may be your only option.

Reactions: Dansiph
Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It really depends how it handles file structure in addition to how the files are stored on your computer. If the files are named in an order that seems to be in order on the computer it should likely be correct on the MP3 player. But not always.

Different operating systems will arrange them "alphabetically" in different orders (even putting folders starting with a lower case after all of the folders starting with upper characters). I'm assuming it has to do with ASCII ordering (the numerical code assigned to each character). In ASCII all upper-case letters come before all lower-case letters.

Also a thought just occurred: are the books numbered in order: i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5? If so, if most of it is correct (i.e. 10-66) try renaming the first 9 folders to start with a "0" (i.e. "01 - Genesis", "02 - Exodus")
Just checked and they are numbered 01_Gen for example. The thing is, so is 06 to 09 so I don't understand why they're at the end except when I copied them over. I also realised if I don't select music and select folders instead it's more clear but still has Genesis to Deuteronomy last. So I've got a slightly clearer way to browse.

Maybe it was a mistake I made when I copied and pasted them into the MP3 player itself?

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It also just occurred to me to go back instead of forward. The MP3 player allows you to go up/back instead of scrolling through the entire Bible to listen to Genesis (because it's at the end). This has also made it easier. I would prefer them organised properly in every menu but it's usable

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
MP3 players often like to organize by artist and album, because they're intended mainly for music. I find this trips me up when I use it for non-musical files. It's less obvious from the user's end. It's hidden in the properties of the file. I considered this because it seems to have put the entire TORAH (I think) as an entire block at the end. You might have other categories, like major and minor prophets, epistles, etc. causing categorization issues. If this is the case, then the "artist," or the "album" may have a substitute listing.

Or...I could be completely wrong. It's mostly just a wild guess when I don't have the thing in my hands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums