San Antonio
✟8,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh.. amen. so maybe you have some information for me. I dont know if you can help but i have been having dreams and they have been coming to pass within a span of 1 week to 2 weeks? an elderess from my church tells me to write them down and date them. I am going to start but im just wondering is this one of the spiritual gifts and if so is it the gift of prophecy?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello & welcome.
I am going to start but im just wondering is this one of the spiritual gifts and if so is it the gift of prophecy?
If it is valid, it is one of two gifts described in the Old Testament [Joel 2:28] (and repeated in the New [Acts of the Apostles 2:17]), dreams & visions. They are related to prophecy.

This discussion is more appropriate for the Sign Gifts sub-forum.

Upvote 0

Royal_Heiress

Sep 30, 2020
San Antonio
✟8,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello & welcome.

If it is valid, it is one of two gifts described in the Old Testament [Joel 2:28] (and repeated in the New [Acts of the Apostles 2:17]), dreams & visions. They are related to prophecy.

This discussion is more appropriate for the Sign Gifts sub-forum.
AMEN... thank you. Bless you

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Oh.. amen. so maybe you have some information for me. I dont know if you can help but i have been having dreams and they have been coming to pass within a span of 1 week to 2 weeks? an elderess from my church tells me to write them down and date them. I am going to start but im just wondering is this one of the spiritual gifts and if so is it the gift of prophecy?

Numbers 12:6 says God communicates with His prophets by dreams and visions

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Praise the Lord! I am new on here to christian forums and i am trying to figure out how to send a personal message to someone..
Hello Royal_Heiress, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

You already know about the 20 posts/5 likes necessity for starting a private conversation with someone (though you can participate in one now if the PM is started by another member who has the 20/5 already). Just FYI, to start a private conversation with someone (when you have 20/5), just left-click on their avatar picture and then click on "Start a Conversation".

If there is someone here who you'd like to start a private conversation with right now, you could ask them to start it for you right here in this thread. Just type the "@" sign before their user name and they will be notified that you have mentioned them in a post, like this, @Royal_Heiress.

God bless you!

--David

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Welcome !
I've had this many times. I call it dreams more like visions because they are. Very vivid for one thing. To me they aren't really prophetic unless there is something in it really Christian ( a cross, scripture or book etc.) or else I'm not reading the simpler messages.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Royal_Heiress

Sep 30, 2020
San Antonio
✟8,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello Royal_Heiress, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

You already know about the 20 posts/5 likes necessity for starting a private conversation with someone (though you can participate in one now if the PM is started by another member who has the 20/5 already). Just FYI, to start a private conversation with someone (when you have 20/5), just left-click on their avatar picture and then click on "Start a Conversation".

If there is someone here who you'd like to start a private conversation with right now, you could ask them to start it for you right here in this thread. Just type the "@" sign before their user name and they will be notified that you have mentioned them in a post, like this, @Royal_Heiress.

God bless you!

--David

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

BLESS you as well!!!! thanks so much!!! huge help. hallelujah

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Royal_Heiress,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

hello-hat-tip.gif

05c8192c72896f3ad2fb960453b32d0a.gif

rainbow-good-morning-smiley-emoticon-gif.189878

• Friendly
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,845.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Praise the Lord! I am new on here to christian forums and i am trying to figure out how to send a personal message to someone..
Hope you are settling well into Christian Forums. I very big welcome from me!

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0