Nov 26, 2005
Upstate New York
Visit site
✟7,625.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I could not speak in tongues after having received the baptism of the Holy Spirit... weeks later, my Pastor told me to "just start making a sound out loud."... so I got on my knees, in my room alone, opened my heart to the Lord and spoke out loud "La la la"... and it came... the lala's turned into words. The first language sounding like Asian... then Spanish... then Native American Indian... WOW, I spoke for almost an hour and exhausted myself. I think it really had to do with letting go of all the negativity about speaking in tongues that was in my background, and inhibitions that I have always had. Just starting to speak out loud was the key for my first experience.

Upvote 0

IvanOng

Sep 12, 2005
Singapore
✟8,042.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
goldenarrow said:
I think it really had to do with letting go of all the negativity about speaking in tongues that was in my background, and inhibitions that I have always had. Just starting to speak out loud was the key for my first experience.

Yea, I have tried opening my mouth and speaking it. Whatever words that I could make of, hoping and waiting for the Holy Spirit to change it. However I failed again and again. I kept on praying for the Holy Spirit to insert the string of words into my heart so that I could feel it so tangibly and let it flow out without considering whether it's made up from my thoughts or from my heart, but still nothing happened.

I really hope that I could sense those words in my heart sooner.. been waiting for 4 and a half months.. please pray:prayer: for me okay? :)

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We've given you enough advice to keep you busy for another four months! Just remember, the point of speaking in tongues is allowing the Holy Spirit to pray through you to accomplish things for other people. So keep your heart on promoting others, lifting them up, interceding for them...and glorifying the God who gives us life. Focus more on the mission than the train ride there.

Upvote 0

goldenarrow

Nov 26, 2005
Upstate New York
Visit site
✟7,625.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IvanOng said:
Yea, I have tried opening my mouth and speaking it. Whatever words that I could make of, hoping and waiting for the Holy Spirit to change it. However I failed again and again. I kept on praying for the Holy Spirit to insert the string of words into my heart so that I could feel it so tangibly and let it flow out without considering whether it's made up from my thoughts or from my heart, but still nothing happened.

I really hope that I could sense those words in my heart sooner.. been waiting for 4 and a half months.. please pray:prayer: for me okay? :)

YES, I'LL BE PRAYING FOR YOU, IVAN!

Upvote 0

IvanOng

Sep 12, 2005
Singapore
✟8,042.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi again, I have this problem recently which is that I hardly touch my bible compared to the past. It seems that my hunger for God's words has ran out and I need help for this. Any advice on how to increase my desire to read up more of God's words constantly without fail?

It's kinda wierd, I know that there within the bible, contains all the answers to all the problems that we may face today and it's the truth, yet I'm not eager to read it up. The fire in me has burnt out, Im not eager and keen anymore and would rather spend more time to play games and doing other things.The devil is tempting me in anyway he could and I have lost to it many times. Able to resist for awhile, but not for too long(It's always like this). That's why I'm very concern about the issue for not being able to read the bible oftenly, which would greatly aid me in spiritual growth.

Really need help in this, kindly give me some advice please.:sigh:

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ivanong...this is normal...don't be concerned. We all go through periods where we don't read the word as much and then other times when the word is virtually leaping off the pages and we can't read it enough. Do you ever just pick it up the Bible and pray, asking God what He'd like to speak to you about? Or were you reading a set amount every day? Keep talking to your Father and ask Him for a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit..

I'm with you darlin in regards to the tongues issue. I've only heard a few words spread out over two years...it just won't cut loose.

Hearing how others got their prayer language at different times in their walk helped me...some wait days, weeks, months or years...it really varies. Made me feel not so different.

I'll pray that God's gives you your heart's desire. Bless you...(and sorry about the sidetrack comments earlier from TOL and Oscarr....silly boys....:) )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
IvanOng said:
Oscarr, it seems that your previous post doesn't relate to my questions?:confused:

Are you having some disputes with Hisgirl? PEACE :D :angel:

Not at all. Hisgirl and I are really good friends. We often banter each other on other people's threads.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ivan, sometimes when I slip into that, the Bible on tape helps me. I just borrow it from the library for a week or two, and listen when I'm falling asleep or arranging things on my desk. Hearing it puts the statements in a different perspective. Instead of tiny words with tinier numbers and a lot of clutter, it becomes a cohesive story.

Another thing that helps me is to find a challenge, like a verse or teaching that bothers me. Then I use lexicons etc. to find the closest thing to the original meaning. It puts me into an active search rather than seeing the same scenery.
http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/tools/

It's easy to kick yourself for slipping out of interest, but the important thing is to start fresh over and over. If God can forgive a mass murderer, He can forgive someone who gets distracted.

The problem might be something simple, like the repetition of seeing the same book. Or your eyesight might be weakening from being on the computer a lot (same distance, same eye muscles).

Playing games sometimes puts us into a repetitive state, a more relaxed set of brain waves. It's not always the game that you crave, but the feeling you get when you're playing. Adrenaline, relaxation, problem-solving, meeting challenges successfully.

It might help to try a fast of one thing that ties up your mind for blocks of time. Don't be angry with yourself; just pick up and start again. Repentance is a decision to let go and change. Immerse yourself in the Word whenever you can.

Thanks for your admission--most people don't talk about things like this.

Upvote 0

hintonas

Nov 30, 2005
United States
✟7,632.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello!

Just to share a few lines with you! Just because you didn't fall on the floor like everyone else doesn't mean that something is wrong with you. Everyone recieves differently it is not a feeling it is a relationship with Christ. The next time you recieve prayer and the Laying On Of Hands don't focus on the falling, but on Jesus and open up your heart.

Tongues is a heavenly language it is not something that can be taught. You recieve tongues by recieving the Holy Spirit. There are several tongues some have the gift and for others it is for the edification only for themselves. Warning do not try to practice anyone elses tongues, because you don't know what they had to go through to get them.

I encourage you to take this time to worship him and continue to read the Word. God Bless

Upvote 0

IvanOng

Sep 12, 2005
Singapore
✟8,042.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can some1 pls answer my following question, why is Satan such a fool and doesn't want to surrender to God? he jolly well knows the power of God and yet still wanna oppose God's will? why why whyyyyy? he doesn know he's goin to b banished into the lake of fire and b tortured eternally? Why can't he just seek for God's forgiveness and repent? WHY is SATAN so stupid < im curious:confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

God_follower

God Follower all the way
Jul 29, 2003
Huntsville, Al
Visit site
✟1,057.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He's an angel and not able to be forgiven, Jesus died to save us, humans, made in the image of God, Satan knows more then you think, he is bound to time and only has a limited supply of it so he is going to cause as much havoc as possible.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.