• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Need Help Encouraging Myself in the Lord

savedbygrace94

May 8, 2019
London
✟7,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I have been a born again Christian for almost 2 years now! In that short amount of time, I have undergone a huge amount of change. My mind has been restored and I've even been able to help other new converts by encouraging them, praying for them and lending a listening ear.

Others in my local church have noticed how fruitful I've been recently and it has caused some relational issues with myself and some people I considered my friends ( i even overheard my closest friend talking about me in a group of women at church). I was heartbroken and it ended up making it hard for me to trust those around me. I feel lonely and I don't have anyone I can talk to about all of these relational changes I've been experiencing (I've tried and my pastor and other leaders are busy). I keep being put down by women in the church and I am struggling to remain encouraged in the lord and his word...

Please help (scriptures, advice and prayer are appreciated) x

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I have been a born again Christian for almost 2 years now! In that short amount of time, I have undergone a huge amount of change. My mind has been restored and I've even been able to help other new converts by encouraging them, praying for them and lending a listening ear.

Others in my local church have noticed how fruitful I've been recently and it has caused some relational issues with myself and some people I considered my friends ( i even overheard my closest friend talking about me in a group of women at church). I was heartbroken and it ended up making it hard for me to trust those around me. I feel lonely and I don't have anyone I can talk to about all of these relational changes I've been experiencing (I've tried and my pastor and other leaders are busy). I keep being put down by women in the church and I am struggling to remain encouraged in the lord and his word...

Welcome to the forum! This sounds like a tough problem.

Have you tried talking to your friend about what you overheard? You may have misunderstood what she was saying. If so, this will give her an opportunity to explain and clear up any misunderstandings. If not, this will give both of you an opportunity to talk about what happened.

If you don't get many helpful comments here, you may want to post this as a prayer request on the prayer wall.

I pray that God will help you to resolve this problem!

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. Youtube has some very good ministry videos on it, and just reading the Bible can cause very encouraging stuff to jump out of the page at you. Go to your favorite Christian second hand book shop and get faith-building books (but keep away from the ones that teach positive thinking, prosperity gospel, and other motivation stuff that is not in the Bible). I read Charles Spurgeon sermons when I need my faith built up and they are great for that.

Also, there is a Scripture that says, "Woe is you when everyone speaks well of you". Being a faithful Christian does not mean that you will be popular, and sometimes it is the ones closest to you who can hurt you the most. People who criticise you are doing it because of their own problems and not yours. You have the right to be "you", and the only Person who has the right to change anything in you is the Holy Spirit, and He does it with great kindness and compassion to make you more Christlike in your thinking and conduct.

Upvote 0