St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A common practice is to get 2 domains, one with the full name (or a fun description, ie bestchurchever.com), one with a shorter abbreviation. Make the abbreviated one the main site and redirect the longer one to the abbreviated one. That way people can start with something that is recognizable but will learn the short-hand abbreviation quickly.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A common practice is to get 2 domains, one with the full name (or a fun description, ie bestchurchever.com), one with a shorter abbreviation. Make the abbreviated one the main site and redirect the longer one to the abbreviated one. That way people can start with something that is recognizable but will learn the short-hand abbreviation quickly.

Then it would be www.cur.com, might add an e for wittiness? www.thecure.com?

But apparently those are taken?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the name of it will be called, "The Church of the Upper Room".
You might get "Our" in there, versus "The".

The vision for it will make it the greatest church in the world.
Since we all in Jesus are great and not trying to be better than one another . . . do you mean the "greatest" in a tie for first place with all of Jesus Christ's who are the greatest since we all are God's children? :)

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You might get "Our" in there, versus "The".

Since we all in Jesus are great and not trying to be better than one another . . . do you mean the "greatest" in a tie for first place with all of Jesus Christ's who are the greatest since we all are God's children? :)
Jesus clearly talked about the least and the greatest. There are ranks in His kingdom. That goes for corporate settings and individuals themselves. It's not really a matter of people trying to one up others. But there are folks who do draw closer to God than others, and because of that are used in greater measures than their brothers or sisters. That's what I believe anyway.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I found what I'm going to go after. There's a church in another state that's registered a URL, but it isn't being used. I think I will get in contact with them at another date and ask if they want to sell it. You can close this thread now. Thanks!

Upvote 0