• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Need Help. Can a pastor PM me please?

Kyle W

Oct 2, 2020
Midland
✟16,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My situation is worsening and it's not getting any better.

Every day I get up, it feels like a chore. A few months ago, I never felt like this. I was happy and all was well. Since the sleep problem, things have gone downhill.

I have brought these problems to God, but I have not received any answers from him.

I'm despairing my life and I'm really thinking about ending it. I do not feel like myself and I would like someone to talk to about this. Please. Somebody.

Gole

Oct 6, 2020
Carolinas
✟12,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hi Kyle,

I'm not a pastor, but I can honestly say that I've been at a similar point before in my life. Nothing was working out, I didn't sleep, and it didn't seem worth going on. I can tell you that I got through it and better days came. You are not alone. You can make it through.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Every day I get up, it feels like a chore. A few months ago, I never felt like this. I was happy and all was well. Since the sleep problem, things have gone downhill.

I have brought these problems to God, but I have not received any answers from him.

I'm despairing my life and I'm really thinking about ending it. I do not feel like myself and I would like someone to talk to about this. Please. Somebody.

What does your doctor say about your sleep problem and your subsequent depression?
What does the minister of the church you attend each Sunday say?

Are you eating proper food, not junk food and are you getting any exercise and not using your phone, tablet etc for at least an hour before trying to go to sleep.

Upvote 0

Kyle W

Oct 2, 2020
Midland
✟16,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Kyle,

I'm not a pastor, but I can honestly say that I've been at a similar point before in my life. Nothing was working out, I didn't sleep, and it didn't seem worth going on. I can tell you that I got through it and better days came. You are not alone. You can make it through.

It's a little more complex than the sleep issue. I am taking medication for sleep. It's just been weird with the medicine. I feel emotionless and I haven't felt this way before. Thanks for your advice though!

What does your doctor say about your sleep problem and your subsequent depression?
What does the minister of the church you attend each Sunday say?

I haven't talked to him about it yet, but I have talked to my Christian counselor and doctor about it. My doctor just prescribed me medicine. From my last counseling session, not much progress was made. He wanted me to connect to my emotion and function and I was unable to do this.

Are you eating proper food, not junk food and are you getting any exercise and not using your phone, tablet etc for at least an hour before trying to go to sleep.

I've been trying to eat well. I do get a couple hours of rest though, but it's with the medicine.

Praying for you, brother. You aren't alone!

Thanks! I really appreciate that.

Upvote 0

Kyle W

Oct 2, 2020
Midland
✟16,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are thinking about ending it, it's time to see a doctor. Depression can be very bad news, and I suggest you don't wait on getting help.

I know that I shouldn't wait. But I don't know if a doctor would understand my problem, since it's a spiritual one.

This is why I would like to speak to a chaplain here via PM. There's a little more about this matter that I would like to share, but privately.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know that I shouldn't wait. But I don't know if a doctor would understand my problem, since it's a spiritual one.

This is why I would like to speak to a chaplain here via PM. There's a little more about this matter that I would like to share, but privately.

I see. It's just that you have described some classic symptoms of clinical depression and regardless of what causes it, we need to get you what help is available. I think depression is depression, regardless the cause.

Not sure there are any pastors here.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well, I might be able to help you in private, but you don't seem to have a private Conversation site on CF for more personal conversation and discussions. If you contact me at my Conversation site I could be more personal in private. The best I can do here, is to make some broad suggestions.

Some of what you say sounds like a depressive condition, which can occur from physiological limitations, so a physician might be better able to determine the 'sleep problem' and give you some medication. DO NOT ALLOW SATAN TO URGE YOU TOWARD 'ENDING YOUR LIFE' ---he would love to have you do that. You should also be sure your relationship with God is based on having the Lord Jesus in your heart (as John 14 and John 3 shows in the Bible), rather than just a casual relationship with our God. I will pray for you, friend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums