Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
So I’m a little embarrassed to share this but hey why not.

I sold my soul/made a deal with some kind of spirit when I was kid. I was taking a specialized math test for the state of CA and wanted to impress my girlfriend and said or thought something like “I would sell my soul...“ A spirit appeared to me and had me sign my name on my test paper. I instantly started circling random answers on the test and I think the spirit left after that. I eventually found out that I scored in the top percentage class of the state and received special recognition as a math wiz for my age (even though I was an idiot). Yes I realize that it was really stupid, I have confessed and repented of doing things like this.

What I need to know is if I am forgiven for this. Did this action possibly count as committing the unforgivable sin?

I’m just looking for an obvious answer from God, whether it’s yes you’re forgiven or no you’re not. Would you all please pray for me?

Have a wonderful night.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all have the firm answer that we all need from God. Jesus said “It is Finished.”

If we keep our focus on the Cross and Christ, and His Resurrection we have all we need.

The prayer Jesus taught His disciples is what we should pray each day. God knows our needs and will fulfill them.

We have to examine whether or not what we are asking Him is according to His will and purpose for us. There’s loads of things we want. However, as a disciple of Christ and adopted child of God is what we are asking for focused on His mission for us as pilgrims living in an unholy land?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

I sold my soul/made a deal with some kind of spirit when I was kid. I was taking a specialized math test for the state of CA and wanted to impress my girlfriend and said or thought something like “I would sell my soul...“ A spirit appeared to me and had me sign my name on my test paper. I instantly started circling random answers on the test and I think the spirit left after that. I eventually found out that I scored in the top percentage class of the state and received special recognition as a math wiz for my age (even though I was an idiot). Yes I realize that it was really stupid, I have confessed and repented of doing things like this.

What I need to know is if I am forgiven for this. Did this action possibly count as committing the unforgivable sin?

I’m just looking for an obvious answer from God, whether it’s yes you’re forgiven or no you’re not. Would you all please pray for me?

Have a wonderful night.
It is not the unforgivable sin. Jesus was quite clear about what the unforgivable sin is, and it is not listening to a spirit when you were a kid. Jesus said that beside the unforgivable sin, which was a warning to the Pharisees who accused Jesus of being of the devil and the power of casting out demons was demonic, "All sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven of men". That means when you received Christ, you were given a totally clean slate, and became a whole new creature in Christ. You were given permanent salvation and eternal life as a gift from God by His grace through your faith alone in Christ.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I have confessed and repented of doing things like this.
Have you specifically confessed and repented of this particular sin?
The unforgivable sin is the one you refuse to confess and repent of. Anything you confess and repent is forgivable. The problem is loving the sin too much to repent.
Of course. But if you have not confessed and repented of this, get a move on. Do it for the love of God, and not just for fear of eternal punishment. God loves you and would like your company in eternity. That was what you were created for.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I sold my soul/made a deal with some kind of spirit when I was kid.
Satan is a liar, there is no truth in him. Those that belong to God abide in the Truth.

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) Like it as said.. Satan is a lair no truth in him. There is no "sold my soul". Just repent say sorry and.. yeah.. stop doing what ever it was. And you BACK on that right path. Dont be moved by see hear feelings.. GODS WORD. He loves you.. a STILL with you.. yeah..after everything.. but.. like Joshua was saying.. Satan can ONLY LIE! Your fine... just repent and get up dust off keep going! Praise GOD glory to Jesus

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Have you specifically confessed and repented of this particular sin? Yes I have

The unforgivable sin is the one you refuse to confess and repent of. Anything you confess and repent is forgivable. The problem is loving the sin too much to repent.

Of course. But if you have not confessed and repented of this, get a move on. Do it for the love of God, and not just for fear of eternal punishment. God loves you and would like your company in eternity. That was what you were created for.

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I guess God wouldn’t have filled me with His Spirit the way He did years ago if what I did before was unforgivable. That wouldn’t make much sense. I just get these ideas and feelings these days because I’ve been so dry for so long.

I had a brief moment of breakthrough at church yesterday, but I’m still desperate for Him. It’s just been so so so darn hard the last ten years that I really need the Holy Spirit to move in my life again.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Have a wonderful night.
Jesus has all authority, including the authority to free anyone who would actually be bound by something like this:

"And Jesus came and said to them, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.'" - Matthew 28:18​

It is also his mission and intent:

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." - Luke 4:18-19​

Even to save those under the power of Satan:

"But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you, delivering you from your people and from the Gentiles--to whom I am sending you to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me." - Acts 26:16-18​

"The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil." - 1 John 3:8b​

He can free anyone, and is willing to as well:

"All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out." - John 6:37​

And to anyone who was born again, Christ owns them. They cannot sell themselves, and the devil cannot claim them:

"You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20​

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one." - John 10:27-30​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yes I have.
Great. Then go and sin no more. And if you do, you have an Advocate. Confess and repent of every sin until you breathe your last. God wants you.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Have a wonderful night.

The only unforgivable sin is rejecting God.
Ask and you are forgiven.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Have a wonderful night.
Blessings in Christ Jesus! There is confessing and repentance which you have done. But in cases like this, you need also to renounce all dealings with spirits(the demonic) before The Lord in prayer. Then you will really see a lasting break through.I am glad you brought this forward, for you have been asking for help for awhile now. It is really that simple.

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Per my research there are only 3 unforgivable sins in the Bible. The first, as with some Pharisees, was to blaspheme the Holy Spirit by saying that Messiah did His miracles through the devil. The 2nd is to reject salvation. The third is to take the mark of the beast.

I pray you will be given peace and freedom on this issue.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, show this one the truth from 1Jn 1:9, and that there is no "Unpardonable sin" for the living, but only for the dead that died without Christ. May he get a true understanding of Mt 12:22-32 in it's proper context, and that this is not speaking of some unpardonable sin for believers today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums