• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Need Advise before College

Discussion in 'College Life' started by Kol, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Kol

Kol Working on it

+93
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    At times, I'm really not as smart as I need to be.

::sigh::

I don't want to get in trouble for posting in the wrong board or offending anyone...
    Is it okay if I ask a question about another religion here? It has to do with my pre-christian life and I *really* need some advise about this. I need an answer before I go to school in August.

Can anyone help me?

---
    <Insert mock sig here.>

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Zimfan

Zimfan Well-Known Member

+45
    Protestant
    Engaged
    US-Libertarian
    I could be wrong, but since this forum is in life stages, I think it's for people around college age to post in, not just for posts about college, so I'd think any question would be fine. :)

3. 06yellowpursuit

06yellowpursuit Member

+1
    Christian
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    Ya I think it's alright to post here.

4. Kol

Kol Working on it

+93
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    No, I rethought it. Posting here was a *bad* idea.

Nevermind.

5. Beautiful Fireball

Beautiful Fireball Tomorrow is another day

+788
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Are ya sure?

Maybe there will be someone here who can answer your question.

Oh, and welcome to CF!:wave:

6. Kol

Kol Working on it

+93
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    [...]

7. Alick

Alick Newbie

+0
    Christian
    Single
    First, enquire from your christian mentors and if it doesn't satisfy you then you can go ahead.

8. Kol

Kol Working on it

+93
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I need to stop whining.

Thank you. I guess it just comes down to the last of my problems is fading away and I really wish I had someone to talk to about it all. But I never have, and I'm afraid to trust anybody.

9. arunma

arunma Flaming Calvinist

+781
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    You know, this is a Christian Forum. So this would be a great place to post a religious question.

10. plmarquette

plmarquette Veteran

+171
    Non-Denom
    US-Republican
    we all believed in some thing before Jesus ...and because of some body we met him , a life changing event ...

though your sins were as scarlet , he will wash you whiter than snow ...

broad strokes [ was a buddahist , taoist , mormon etc. but now I am a methodist , baptist ]... here , some sticky stuff [ was into witchcraft , drugs , same sex relationship ]might be better 1 on 1 with a pastor or elder you trust ..

11. Aisynia

Aisynia Regular Member

+14
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Kol, I feel you when it comes to trust, and am very stubborn when it comes to it. However, I know that when I have a brother or sister in Christ who is firm about their belief, and can advise me I can go to them. Do though speak with your mentor first, or someone you know personally who can help you with your faith. If you're desiring more instruction then you can come here where help is waiting just for you.

12. Kol

Kol Working on it

+93
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Uh, I already got an answer in another thread!

Thanks tho!