Not open for further replies.

PickleReed

Feb 9, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟15,158.00
Faith
Baptist
I need :help: please. Me and my hubby need to quit smoking and nothing we have tried does any good. I've been smoking since I was 13 and now I'm 26. It's the hardest thing I've ever done before. My husband was in the study to quit drinking and we told his doctor that we were # 1 on the list if a study for smoking came up. Nothing yet. Personally, The patch and the gum do not work, I almost ended up in the hospital because I smoked after I took my patch off, wow, that was one big overdose of nicotine. I was so sick. So I need something bigger and better. My Husbands mom died from Emphysema. And the doctor says he's got a touch of it too. If he stops now, and the damage might fix it's self. :help: :help: :help: :help:
Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beckijhn

Feb 1, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
✟629.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
It is truly the hardest thing to kick!!! I had to quit cold turkey. The gum didn't work, the patch didn't work, and I didn't want to be on anti-depressants for any reason.

I read a book called "The EASYWAY to quit smoking" and it really motivated me. I quit the week after I read it. I started up for a week and then quit for good.

I started when I was 12 and tried to quit for about 5 years. I'm 33 now and have been free for two years!!!

There's not one way that works for everyone. I'm praying you find what works for you!

Upvote 0
I quit smoking 5 1/2 years ago when I found out I was pregnant with my first daughter. Since I was pregnant cold turkey was about the only way to quit. Luckily I had my daughter to keep me going when I thought about giving up! I didn't have God in my life then, but if I were to do it all now, I would definitely be praying about it like crazy asking God for his help in kicking this terrible habit. I wish that I had some wonderful advice, but I don't. I will keep you in my prayers though.

Upvote 0
Hi I personally have never smoked. I tryed it once and hated it.My mom however smoked for 14 years and one with the help of God praying constantly just layed them down and hasn't touched one in 11 years.

She said a doctor once told her there is two types of smokers, those who are truly are addicted and those who only smoke out of habbit.

So pray I'm sure you and your husband can do it. My biggest thing is I'm trying to diet and lose about 40 lbs. So I know things can get hard.

I will pray for you and your husband.

-Eldons Wife

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Malachi383

Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
✟15,321.00
Faith
Catholic
My mom used to smoke. She had to quit when she was pregnant with my brother.

She went to this place, with small little booths, in which you smoke, and you smoke, and you smoke....and you keep smoking...and you throw up....and you smoke some more...and throw up some more...and smoke some more....and in the end, you will be so repulsed by them, that you will cringe when you see cigarettes.

I know it is a bit drastic, but maybe it will work since none of the others did.

God bless

Upvote 0
If I can tell you a story...
My wifes mother came down with cancer about 10 months ago, at least that is when they found it. Well she quit smoking durring her radiation theropy, and the cancer went into remisssion, not from quitting to smoke but with all the treatment and the doctor said quitting now she would be doing herself a huge favor in case it ever came back, she kept getting mild phenmonia (spelling??). Well a week after she was out she went right back to it. 5 months later the cancer came back stronger. She went to UCLA medical for a month,still smoked, then came back and continued to smoke. Once she was admitted to UCLA they asked her to stop I watched it rip my wifes and grandmothers heart out everytime she lit one up, they literally cried. Well as she took a turn for the worse and started mass radiation treatments, when she could get one in she would. Finally after a week of unconscienceness and us just sitting there starring at her she got a bad case of phenomia(spl?) the doctors said with the shape her lungs were in she wasnt going to survie anything they could do, like one said even if she would have stopped a year ago our odds would be much better. Two days later she passed away.

I never got to call her Mom.
(I love you Carol I am sorry for not becomming more to you then Jessica's boyfriend/husband)

Please do yourself a favor, you affect people around you wether you realize it or not, people that love you. Nothing I mean nothing can overcome willpower and Gods love.

Chris

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.