• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

need advice addicted to inappropriate content

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,115.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Think about all those people on the other side of the inappropriate content industry who are being manipulated, drugged, abused so that you can have your pleasure!

Replace all that with Jesus, crucified on the cross.

God bless you OP.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
its really bad
Do you think it would help to meet others (in person; online is hardly useful) with the same problems - ocd, sinful sin, etc ?
Others who are recovering, or who already recovered , not who are only wanting to continue in sin ?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
its really bad
Well you took the first step, recognize you have a weakness. Most don't even get that far. The Holy Spirit is convicting you however the flesh is weak and quenches the work of the Holy Spirit. So one day at a time. Shift your love elsewhere. Instead of your self loving habit start directing that energy to Jesus Christ of Nazareth. He will help you overcome but you need to completely surrender to Him. You can not rely on your own strength. Be blessed.
Jesus replied, "What is impossible with man is possible with God."

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, it is good to see you, Jason. God bless you, howsoever He pleases.

I can pray and trust God to do what you need, and to help us to share with you to help you.

One thing I think of is do not isolate yourself with your problem. You are not alone in inappropriate content trouble; plus, if we don't have that problem, we can have something else. But it can seem like you are all by yourself and in something more horrible than any of us are into.

But beware > the inappropriate content thing can be a stepping stone to doing ever worse things, including breaking down to adultery or other degrading things. So, yes we need to stop our inappropriate content stuff, for this practical reason.

I personally find that inappropriate content people can look not right, look wasted and fake. But women at the store can look healthy and very nice, and I can see women in church or the store and have inappropriate content stuff going on in my imagination.

But this is not loving and caring for women, it is just using them. So, it is not only a moral issue but a problem of me not knowing how to love.

So, I trust God to change me. I am my own real problem. How women dress, the devil, and cheerleaders showing themselves are not my real problem > my own character making me available is my problem. And only God can cure my character so I am loving, instead > including blessing every women and caring in prayer for every one.

And I keep noticing how when I do not give in to imagination stuff, the quality and beauty and goodness and pureness of my love relating with my lady friend and church ladies and others is so better.

So, I would say, it is not enough just to stop the wrong behavior and imagining. We need to change our character so we are not even available, and we are loving, instead. And this is with God, so we are sharing with Him and submitting to Him in His peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

If we don't get with God, instead, we could just stop the inappropriate content stuff and get into some other problem, instead.

So, make God in Christ your goal, make conforming to Jesus your goal, make it your goal to learn how to relate in love as family with God's people >

this is more interesting,
. .more beautifully wonderful,
. . . more challenging and worthwhile,
. . . . . . . . . . the best education we can get >

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

Notice how we need "longsuffering" in order to be able to have real love relating as God's family. And we must not give in to any excuses to get bitter and angry and to speak evil instead of blessing.

inappropriate content and other sexual sensation pleasure trip things are a shortcut people can use to feel good; but because this pleasure does not cure our character to love, our weakness for pleasure can later moonlight as weakness to suffer deep pain and emotional trouble which does not go away.

Only Jesus can fix this. Only the peace of Jesus has almighty power to keep us living and loving with "rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:28-30)

We need strength not only to stop our wrong things, then, but strength so we can stay sweet and kind and caring while relating in love with all different sorts of people. So, just disciplining ourselves to stop a few wrong things is not enough. Only Jesus can change us so we are ready for loving with any person, while in sharing with God who makes us creative for how to love any person like Jesus was doing on the cross; and we are required to follow His example, by the way >

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

Jesus was sweet-smelling > sweet about that, sweetly pleasing our Father; so yes with God we can be sweetly pleasing Him while relating with any person, not only with ones nicer looking and nicer acting.

So, instead of using one of Satan's shortcuts of pleasure and security to make yourself feel good, look in your Bible and hold yourself to how God is able to do with you what His word says > what He means by His word.

And share with people who are good examples who help you with this.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
its really bad
So set your antivirus to see you as an 8 year old girl and to block everything, every site etc etc etc that would be offencive, dangerous to an eight year old girl.
Do this on your mobil, tablet, home computer etc etc.
In Norton's anti virus there is the option to give another person monitoring facilities, set that up with someone you are scared off.

Then go through your home and trash every magerzine book, dcd, etc that is even remotly inappropriate contentographic.

Netflix or your film viewing app, change it so tat only family friendly films can be viewed, cancel any tv subscriptions that permit you to view inappropriate content and say good bye to any friends who watch inappropriate content with you.

How long, for life.

Upvote 0

KeeperOfMemories

Nov 29, 2019
Pacific Northwest
✟19,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You should seek help and counseling. One thing I can leave for you is to ask yourself why you look at it. Be honest with yourself and give an honest answer (you don't have to share it here). There's no judgment. Are you looking to escape some negative feelings? Are you trying to avoid something? What do you get out of it and what is a better way of handling your feelings?

Again, these aren't questions you have to answer or share here, but I would discuss it with someone you trust.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
its really bad

hello jason, i am currently going through this same affliction. I have been trying so hard lately to figure out how to beat this, i believe its also my biggest hurdle to being saved. This stuff consumes me, i can spend hours looking at it. And the thing i have noticed is that while i know its wrong, beyond that, it doesnt bother me at all.
The first failure for me was just believing that if i didnt look at it, i was ok. Thats not true. The desire was still there. Not looking at it isnt true repentance.
The second failure was just looking at it but asking Jesus for repentance like 5 times a day, thinking that was repentance. Its not.
Now where i’m at now is I understand that i have to hate inappropriate content, a complete change of heart. And for that, i dont have an answer.

i know i have to hate it, but how does one hate what they have been doing for, in my case, 30 yrs. right now, i can honestly say i dont hate it, but i know this wrong. Talk about conflicted feelings.
So you are not alone in this, i too deal with it constantly. I just wish i had a good answer for you, but maybe we will find out together on here. Thats my hope.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I can't tell you how to actually stop it. I can tell you ways that people fail to stop it. I can also tell you to not fall for the deception that you might as well do other bad things because you have done some bad things. That's a trap within the trap.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't tell you how to actually stop it. I can tell you ways that people fail to stop it. I can also tell you to not fall for the deception that you might as well do other bad things because you have done some bad things. That's a trap within the trap.
what bad things

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
what bad things
Any bad things. Either in the context of inappropriate content or without, but it can be a powerful deception that is cast on people who get into inappropriate content, or other sexual sins. Don't let yourself be deceived like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟41,404.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Think about all those people on the other side of the inappropriate content industry who are being manipulated, drugged, abused so that you can have your pleasure!
Hi, I appreciate your effort to help someone addicted to inappropriate content.

However, forced labor exists in other industries, too. I'm sure you would still go to a restaurant, even if you know there are forced laborers working in restaurants in your country.
Moreover, not every sex worker is a forced laborer.
Here in Germany, there are counless newspaper articles about sex workers who describe why they have chosen to become a sex worker.

Don't get me wrong, I also hope that those addicted to inappropriate content could overcome their addiction and that forced labor in that industry stops. Especially in Germany, we have problems with this.

Click here for a source - it's one of the leading newspapers in Germany (it's in German language, so ask me for translation if you want). The author explains very well why she doesn't like the label of having been a forced laborer.
Freiwillige Prostitution: "Der Sex war okay"

Thomas

Upvote 0

DLovingBrother

Jun 21, 2018
MidAtlantic
✟24,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

carolina16

Jesus Christ is the Lord
Sep 21, 2017
Bs As
✟43,424.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
its really bad
Fast! (Dont eat, this causes own domain) --> let the Holy Spirit guide you in this on how much *pray to Him*. And read the bible dayly to purify your eyes from the contamination.

Upvote 0