Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is a need for a new tag added in the Eschatology Forum of "non-replacement theology".

I am not saying that people should not be allowed to hold whatever views they want. I am saying the threads in the Eschatology forum are getting get bogged down and diverted because of the polarity is too severe. And that it should be a thread tag option to say "non- replacement theology".

There was a similar action taken about 4 or 5 years ago because partial preterists were diverting all the threads, such that the topics became preterists versus non-preterists. So the tag system was setup.

We now have a similar situation in the promotion of (so-called) "new covenant" theology. Which a core element of it is replacement theology.

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
There is a need for a new tag added in the Eschatology Forum of "non-replacement theology".

I am not saying that people should not be allowed to hold whatever views they want. I am saying the threads in the Eschatology forum are getting get bogged down and diverted because of the polarity is too severe. And that it should be a thread tag option to say "non- replacement theology".

There was a similar action taken about 4 or 5 years ago because partial preterists were diverting all the threads, such that the topics became preterists versus non-preterists. So the tag system was setup.

We now have a similar situation in the promotion of (so-called) "new covenant" theology. Which a core element of it is replacement theology.
You may be right. There has only ever been one Gospel.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will ask our Policy Manager to take a look at this for you

@Sojourner1

It is ironic that many of those crying "Replacement Theology" have replaced the one seed(Christ), with the many seeds in Galatians 3:16.

They have replaced the children of the promise, with the children of the flesh in Romans 9:6-8.

They have replaced the "son" who is the "heir" to the land in Matthew chapter 21, with those who rejected Him as the "chief cornerstone".

They ignore what the Apostle Paul said about genealogies in Titus 3:9.
They pretend that a man or woman's relationship to God is now based on who their parents would be, by ignoring 1 John 2:22-23.

When Peter addressed the crowd as "all the house of Israel" on the Day of Pentecost, who was he talking to?
When the Church began on that day it was made up almost entirely of Israelites who had accepted the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and specifically applied to the Church in 2 Corinthians 3:6-8, and Hebrews 12:22-24.

The Church has not replaced Israel.
We find the ultimate fulfillment of Israel in Matthew 1:1.
How can anyone deny that Jesus Christ is the ultimate fulfillment of Israel, based on Luke 24:25-27?

The member (Doug) who is asking for this change is attempting to promote his doctrine by putting the label of "Replacement Theology" on those who disagree with him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That is nothing more than hiding from the truth.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,391.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

The problem I see in the eschatology forum is there are full preterists there posing as partial preterists. They hijack threads, make circular arguments, and troll threads that they do not like the subject instead of just leaving those threads alone. They get popular threads closed down. It is very frustrating. I agree that something needs to be done about this.

• Agree
Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,391.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The member (Doug) who is asking for this change is attempting to promote his doctrine by putting the label of "Replacement Theology" on those who disagree with him.
For the record, I agree with the member Douggg.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem I see in the eschatology forum is there are full preterists there posing as partial preterists.

Are you saying that all of those opposed to modern Dispensational Theology are Full-Preterists?

Or is that a separate problem?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,391.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying that all of those opposed to modern Dispensational Theology are Full-Preterists?

Or is that a separate problem?

n
No we are not complaining about dispensationalism, that is a separate issue.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If it would help reduce the polarity in future threads, then I would also greatly support this new tag as well. An eschatology thread I've enjoyed posting in frequency was recently locked, due to trolling from a known preterist. It's very frustrating.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I support this new tag as Anthony7 has already stated.

Honestly, I think this forum would benefit if the Eschatology forums were split up into Pre-Trib, Post-Trib, Preterist, etc. because I know that all I see in the forum is competition instead of thoughtful discussion of certain views.

All of the following tags are already available now on the posts of the eschatology forum.
    • Futurist Only
    • Partial Preterist Only
    • Historicist Only
    • Idealist Only
    • Pre-Mil Only
    • Post-Mil Only
    • A-Mil Only
    • Pre-Trib Only
    • Mid-Trib Only
    • Post-Trib Only
    • Anti-Christ European
    • Anti-Christ Muslim
  • (No prefix)

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I support this new tag as Anthony7 has already stated.

Honestly, I think this forum would benefit if the Eschatology forums were split up into Pre-Trib, Post-Trib, Preterist, etc. because I know that all I see in the forum is competition instead of thoughtful discussion of certain views.
YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH. That is the main reason I usually steer clear of that forum.

Pre-mils. Post-mils. A-mils. Wind mills. It all just goes around in circles to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private