Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
✟18,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello all!

I'm in the market for a new PS3 game, but they're so bloody expensive that I want to make sure I get a good one. Currently my collection consists of...

GTA4
Heavenly Sword (loved it)
Burnout: Paradise (great except when it gets dark)
Full Auto 2 (didn't like it)
Assassins Creed

I was excited about Mirrors Edge but the reviews are lackluster, and I'm leery of MGS4 and Fallout 3 since I'm not too fond of first person games on consoles. I also rented LittleBigPlanet recently and was not impressed.

Any suggestions?

xMX

Reactions: XBoy360

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How about Uncharted: Drake's Fortune? You can pick it up for fairly cheap now. The graphics are wonderful. The atmosphere is incredible. The cinematic are exciting and well done, and the game plays well to boot! It's a bit like Tomb Raider... but a heck of a lot better. I didn't really get into Tomb Raider after the first one, but for some reason I really enjoyed Uncharted. I felt like Indy Jones. :D

It's hard to help you when we don't know what you like. You said you loved Heavenly Sword (I did, too!), and it has a lot of action. Uncharted does as well, plus it feels like you're exploring and unraveling some old mysteries (which you are). Good fun, IMO.

If you're into PC games and your PC is good, then obviously get games like Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion on the PC.

Upvote 0

YouareloveD

Aug 10, 2008
Sydney
✟15,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rachet & clank & drakes fortune ( uncharted ) are great games but might not be your type of game, Metal gear solid 4 is good & pixel junk from psn store is good,id like more adventure / puzzle games on ps3 not many out though. Heroes the videogame was cancelled :(

Reactions: XBoy360
Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ya, Ratchet and Clank was wonderful! Lots of nice, bright colours. A nice change from a lot of the other newer games that are so dark.

Nothing wrong with choosing MGS4!!! I love Oblivion as well... but it sucked up a lot of my time last year!!! I haven't got into Fallout 3 yet, but I can tell you that Fallout 1 and 2 are great time wasters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums