Northampton MA
✟2,058.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hey There Everybody - I haven't been on in a really long time. Long story short and the reason I'm posting here:
Does anyone know of any "gay-friendly" churches?

I still believe, please don't think that just because I like girls means that I don't love God. I do, and I always will.

Bevin

progressivegal

Jan 3, 2005
✟16,438.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Hey There Everybody - I haven't been on in a really long time. Long story short and the reason I'm posting here:
Does anyone know of any "gay-friendly" churches?

I still believe, please don't think that just because I like girls means that I don't love God. I do, and I always will.

Bevin
:hug: There is no possible reason why I would doubt your love for God.
How "Gay Friendly" a church is can really depend on the specific church itself sometimes regardless of the denomination.
I'll list a couple of denominations that tend to in general be more accepting, but it still really depends on the church itself.
You might want to try:

-The Episcopalian Church (I sometimes visit one that makes it a priority to reach out to gays and lesbians. There's a rainbow flag out front and there have been some people that where actually very depressed and one person who was near suicide because of being rejected by their church and family who saw the flag and said "will I really be accepted here"? And the answer was "yes" :) I'm sure not all Episcopal churches are this open, but I know that many are. Also, I see you have a Catholic Icon so you could very well feel very at home at an episcopal church, I know I have a Catholic upbringing and I have.

-The United Church of Christ

-Metropolitan Community Church (One's sexuality definitely wouldn't be an issue here, but they can be difficult to find and I know some people who don't like to attend a church thats specifically a "gay church", but then I know of others who do)

-Disciples of Christ

-Presbyterian USA (it depends on the specific church though)

-ELCA (again I'm pretty sure it depends on the specific church)

-United Methodist (but it REALLY depends on the specific church)

There are other denominations I'm sure that I've left out and I'm sure someone who is more knowledgeable than I am can answer.

My God bless your journey.

Upvote 0