Nearly bare-chested Blogger Beauty denied entrance to the Louvre ...!

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good for the French, having a bit of class. Love the avatar pic, that's a classic film.

Yes, despite some of what I hear about the French, I agree with you that the guard made a good call on this gal's choice of garment. However...........................it probably would have been better if he'd been just a tad bit nicer about turning her away as he did. Maybe? :rolleyes:

[And yes, Metropolis is a classic film, and in a strange way, it remains relevant...even to the dilemma in this thread of mine here.]

th

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Haha
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, despite some of what I hear about the French, I agree with you that the guard made a good call on this gal's choice of garment. However...........................it probably would have been better if he'd been just a tad bit nicer about turning her away as he did. Maybe? :rolleyes:

[And yes, Metropolis is a classic film, and in a strange way, it remains relevant...even to the dilemma in this thread of mine here.]

th

Well, we only have her version of how she was turned away - 'hate-filled eyes' are in the eyes of the beholder, me thinks.

• Agree
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Err... the Louvre? Like, the museum?

Have you seen some of the pieces that are presented there? They are showing a lot more than any visitor would ever dare.

Yep. The Louvre, in France. And no, I haven't been to the Louvre, although I have been to other major museums.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, we only have her version of how she was turned away - 'hate-filled eyes' are in the eyes of the beholder, me thinks.

Well, she does say that the guard 'cussed' at her, or something to that effect. :dontcare:...and I guess she felt that the museum's policies weren't 'clear' enough?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, she does say that the guard 'cussed' at her, or something to that effect. :dontcare:...and I guess she felt that the museum's policies weren't 'clear' enough?

Well, that’s what she says. The attention seeking blogger’s version. Not convinced.

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, that’s what she says. The attention seeking blogger’s version. Not convinced.

...you're not convinced, ay, brother Tom? ^_^ I can't imagine why not? I mean, it's not like she appears to be even a tad bit narcissistic or anything how she presents her appearance in public, right? Or would it be too judgmental of us to say that she does seem to lean just a tiny bit toward the side of exhibitionism? Of course, when going to a place like the Louvre, I suppose that in her mind viewing exhibits is what it what supposed to be all about, anyway?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...you're not convinced, ay, brother Tom? ^_^ I can't imagine why not? I mean, it's not like she appears to be even a tad bit narcissistic or anything how she presents her appearance in public, right? Or would it be too judgmental of us to say that she does seem to lean just a tiny bit toward the side of exhibitionism? Of course, when going to a place like the Louvre, I suppose that in her mind viewing exhibits is what it what supposed to be all about, anyway?

I think in the Uk, in London say, she wouldn’t have been stopped - we Brits are just too inclined to be reasonable about, well, pretty much everything. The French I have to admit do have more class - it’s not just about her dress, I would say it’s more about the expectation that women have some class and some self-respect. I would suggest that the guard was motivated but both of those ideas.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Who should I side with in this moral dilemma involving policies of propriety? :dontcare: I don't know whether to be broken-hearted for the blogger or ashamed for her ... conundrums, conundrums! What is this world coming to?!
What's "immoral" about showing cleavage?

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's "immoral" about showing cleavage?

Nick, please stick with the specific case here and in the context of the policies of the Louvre (and since this is a Christian Forum, the implications of the Bible), please.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Err... the Louvre? Like, the museum?

Have you seen some of the pieces that are presented there? They are showing a lot more than any visitor would ever dare.

It's different without motion.
I think naked mimes could be exhibited.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟988,187.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Who should I side with in this moral dilemma involving policies of propriety? :dontcare: I don't know whether to be broken-hearted for the blogger or ashamed for her ... conundrums, conundrums! What is this world coming to?!

Blogger claims she was denied entry to the Louvre because of her low-cut dress

We're all in trouble when the French start getting prudish.

I see more nekkid flesh at the supermarket, usually, shoeless.

Since the young lady in question is Australian I am considering opening a Museum and inviting her over, in that dress, as a demonstration of tolerance and inclusivity. ;)
OB

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We're all in trouble when the French start getting prudish.

I see more nekkid flesh at the supermarket, usually, shoeless.

Since the young lady in question is Australian I am considering opening a Museum and inviting her over, in that dress, as a demonstration of tolerance and inclusivity. ;)
OB

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry at that comment. So, just to show you I'm a good sport: I'll do both. :ahah::nooo:

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Nick, please stick with the specific case here and in the context of the policies of the Louvre (and since this is a Christian Forum, the implications of the Bible), please.
I honestly don't understand your objection to my question. What's the "moral dilemma" if it isn't about showing cleavage?

And like I told you before, if you only want responses that accept Christianity as a premise, you should be posting in the sections just for Christians. The only input us dirty heathens are going to have isn't going to have anything to do with the Bible. If you don't want to hear questions and answers that aren't Christian in nature, why post outside of the "Christians only" sections?

• Agree
Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0