Neard death experience tells about houses in heaven and how to get them

pasadi

Feb 6, 2015
✟7,632.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Somebody in clinical death visited heaven. He says, people have houses in heaven and that the following give building materials to angels for building houses:
1.accumulation of worship and praise to God
2.the time spent reading the Bible
3.the time spent praying
4.the time spent evangelizing to people
5.ones offering to the lord
6.obedient ties to God
7.the time spent serving the Church in any way

Getting praise and honors from people for the work you do can nullify the efforts for the work to count toward the home.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Somebody in clinical death visited heaven. He says, people have houses in heaven and that the following give building materials to angels for building houses:
3.the time spent praying
6.obedient ties to God

Getting praise and honors from people for the work you do can nullify the efforts for the work to count toward the home.

be wary of any near death experience. you don't know if it's brain activity, demonic delusion, or both. not saying this was not a legit experience, just be careful with them. I tend to take them with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What is interesting is repentance is missing from this list!

indeed, every time someone comes face to face with the holy, the first response is to realize how sinful and unworthy he is.

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟117,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
indeed, every time someone comes face to face with the holy, the first response is to realize how sinful and unworthy he is.
Right, and, I mean, that's straight from the Bible.

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Right, and, I mean, that's straight from the Bible.

plus that whole 2000 years of consistent witness (5000 if you count to the Patriarchs) of the Church. gotta count for something I would hope.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
3.the time spent praying
6.obedient ties to God

Sorry. I find this utterly bogus. Must have been a Protestant who had too many pickle and ice cream sammiches before he went to bed (kind of like how they discovered the "rapture of the Church" idea). If you read the Bible, you find that there are a lot of metaphors and anaolgies used in it. Houses, or dwelling places, are often used as a metaphor for our bodies (St. Paul speaking of the "putting off of this tent" - a metaphor for his soon death).

Houses are used for protection and storage. Of what possible need will such be in the next life when Christ is all we shall need or want?

Bogus. Utterly bogus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Houses are used for protection and storage. Of what possible need will such be in the next life when Christ is all we shall need or want?

Since there is often so much focus on "mansions" in heaven, I've thought that. What will we need to keep in a house? Why do we need to go there? To come in out of the weather? To sleep because we are tired?

Seems to me that individual mansions represent, more than anything else, a bit of isolation and separation from the communion of the Saints - why would we think we would need or desire such a thing?

I may be way off, but this is what came to my mind.

However ....

I might like to have my own garden. ;) Flowers and beautiful plants and creatures -- that kind of garden.

Not veggies and caterpillars, lol.

Upvote 0