USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We know the God is patient in waiting for people to come to repentance. Even as they come near death. Look at the thief on the cross, Jesus reached out to him and said "today you'll be with me in paradise."

What are your thoughts on this? Have you known people who have come to salvation as they are at death's door?

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We know the God is patient in waiting for people to come to repentance. Even as they come near death. Look at the thief on the cross, Jesus reached out to him and said "today you'll be with me in paradise."

What are your thoughts on this? Have you known people who have come to salvation as they are at death's door?

My great-grandfather did so a a week or two before dying in the hospital. I recall my grandmother calling me on a Sunday and telling me she was just up at the hospital, visiting her father, and how he was 'delusional' because he was telling everyone he was going home on Wednesday.

That Wednesday came and, as he said, he went home...to be with his Lord.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There is a conversion at DEATH. Paul spoke of this right here:

Romans 6:
7 because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My great-grandfather did so a a week or two before dying in the hospital. I recall my grandmother calling me on a Sunday and telling me she was just up at the hospital, visiting her father, and how he was 'delusional' because he was telling everyone he was going home on Wednesday.

That Wednesday came and, as he said, he went home...to be with his Lord.
That's amazing. Sid Roth said his father who was Jewish, accepted Jesus as Messiah and was converted on his deathbed.

Upvote 0

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dear Seeking Him. Yes, God is patient and all Love, and is waiting for our love, selfless and complete. Love for God and for each other, and God will know how sincere we are. Greetings from Emmy, sister in Christ.
He is patient, it's just like Jesus to walk into paradise not alone, but with someone He loved, the thief.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
There is a conversion at DEATH. Paul spoke of this right here:

Romans 6:
7 because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

AAHAAAA..YOU FINALLY ADMIT IT! :clap:
It is official..Squint posted my favorite verse!:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AAHAAAA..YOU FINALLY ADMIT IT! :clap:
It is official..Squint posted my favorite verse!:D

And you still couldn't admit the same facts that Paul did regarding these matters. FROGGY, Gods children are NOT the same as what is IN THEIR FLESH. When you see this our differences will DISAPPEAR and you may STOP denying the obvious and live IN TRUTH of those FACTS.

in the meantime I will maintain my separation from those things afforded by THE WORD. dig?

I will ALSO view Romans 6:7 as pertinent to ALL mankind. I doubt you are yet able to 'go there.' It's easy to paint ones self free. it is quite another matter to see ones BEAM and the other peoples infinitesimal SPEC.

Believers with NO BEAM are ill equipped to deal with SPECS.

s

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
And you still couldn't admit the same facts that Paul did regarding these matters. FROGGY, Gods children are NOT the same as what is IN THEIR FLESH. When you see this our differences will DISAPPEAR and you may STOP denying the obvious and live IN TRUTH of those FACTS.

in the meantime I will maintain my separation from those things afforded by THE WORD. dig?

I will ALSO view Romans 6:7 as pertinent to ALL mankind. I doubt you are yet able to 'go there.' It's easy to paint ones self free. it is quite another matter to see ones BEAM and the other peoples infinitesimal SPEC.

Believers with NO BEAM are ill equipped to deal with SPECS.

s
too late,your quoted!

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
too late,your quoted!

I'd never disagree with any scripture. IF there were some that were against my positions, such positions would have to CHANGE and they HAVE and will CONTINUE to do so until THE PERFECT comes to reflect IN ME.

What r u thinking?! ;)

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I'd never disagree with any scripture. IF there were some that were against my positions, such positions would have to CHANGE and they HAVE and will CONTINUE to do so until THE PERFECT comes to reflect IN ME.

What r u thinking?! ;)

well ok..what do u think the verse you posted means? it was said 3 times in chapter 6..what say ye?

No speeches,just a straight answer please.:)

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well ok..what do u think the verse you posted means?

Paul 'accounted death daily' to himself BECAUSE of what he factually carried in his flesh [NOT THE FLESH ITSELF] that was CLEARLY NOT him.

The finality of that SEPARATION is presented in Romans 6:7. It is NOT a 'one time fix all event' until we DEPART the flesh and what it DOES FACTUALLY contain.
No speeches,just a straight answer please.:)

Please. No spin zone in effect by your imposition of same. If you don't get it or can't get it, just say so.

s

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums