Do you believe in NDE?

• Total voters

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Since I asked this question in another thread in here but it was never answered,.. is NDE (Near death experience) real?? This one guy thinks so. What about you? I definitely believe that it's possible.

I've had a few NDEs, the last one was a little too Near.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So did you see heaven then
No, I didn't have one of those kind of NDEs.

However, I was under the impression that I died but kept breathing anyway.

Afterwards, the person I was slowly stopped existing - and I was someone else entirely.

• Informative
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I
That is fascinating
Afterwards, the person I was slowly stopped existing - and I was someone else entirely.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

That seems to be a recurring theme in several NDE's, where the patient experiences something like incorporation into a larger whole. I think it adds up.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That seems to be a recurring theme in several NDE's, where the patient experiences something like incorporation into a larger whole. I think it adds up.
Yeah, incorporation into a larger whole, that sounds about right.

I think a Catholic once quoted something from the catechism that helped once.

It was part of the healing sacrament section, unity with the passion of Christ I think it was called. What it described was similar to what I was experiencing in the years following that event.

I've matured in it of course, so the way I exist in it is different now.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since I asked this question in another thread in here but it was never answered,.. is NDE (Near death experience) real?? This one guy thinks so. What about you? I definitely believe that it's possible.
In 1970 I had my first encounter with someone who claimed to have had a NDE when he was seriously injured in Viet Nam and claimed that while he was on the operating table in Viet Nam he had a NDE. Being a Christian I was very skeptical for many years.
In 2009 I was scheduled for a "simple" 45 minute laparoscopic umbilical hernia repair. Something went wrong and it turned into a 5 hour open surgery. I had acute kidney failure, a-fibrillation, ileus [bowel obstruction] and sepsis [major bacterial infection in the abdominal cavity]. After this I experienced a NDE and am no longer "knee jerk" skeptical of any/all accounts of NDE.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged

Really, who?

Yes, I do. My son was in a head on collision on the open highway and had a divine encounter.

Sorry to hear that but I'm glad he's alright. Can you tell us a little bit more about it? :)

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Older gentleman got on the highway going the wrong way. It was night and my son was behind another car in the left lane. Then suddenly the car he was following swerves to right and my son sees headlights barreling towards him with not enough time to avoid it. My son experienced warmth and love until it was interrupted by a sheriff checking on his condition. The gentleman died on the scene but my son only sustained minor injuries. Mind you my son wasn’t wearing a seatbelt and survived a head on collision.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Older gentleman got on the highway going the wrong way. It was night and my son was behind another car in the left lane. Then suddenly the car he was following swerves to right and my son sees headlights barreling towards him with not enough time to avoid it. My son experienced warmth and love until it was interrupted by a sheriff checking on his condition. The gentleman died on the scene but my son only sustained minor injuries. Mind you my son wasn’t wearing a seatbelt and survived a head on collision.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dont believe all NDEs myself. If they see a bright light, it doesnt necessarily mean it was God. Because Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light (II COR 11:14)

What are their lives like afterwards? Realizing that sometimes it takes awhile to process these NDEs.

Don Piper and Colton Burpo's accounts I believe.

For many, death is when they meet the medical definition, the natural one. But we're also spirit. (spirit, soul, and body (I Thess 5:23) .Luk16 account with Father Abraham and Lazarus. 26 "And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross ovr from there to us.'

We dont know when passing that great chasm happens. "For as the body without the spirit is dead..." (Jam 2:26). For believers, "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." (II Cor 5:8). Seems death is when both the spirit and soul leave the body permanently - God decides.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think i have mentioned this before.

My best buddy had an NDE. It really shook him up badly. Scared him massively! I still dont think he has recovered.

It happened a few years ago.

His NDE was the fact that he nearly got married! :p

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Since I asked this question in another thread in here but it was never answered,.. is NDE (Near death experience) real??

One problem with the question is that people are not very precise when thinking about NDEs. They differ all over the place when it comes to what kinds of experiences they consider to be NDEs. You will see that in the answers you get on this thread.

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,144.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I also did a study. All I can tell is, most of them are not real. Some of them are visions allowed by God, those visions are in favor of Christianity.

Joel 2:28 (NIV2011)
And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

Some of them however are not necessarily in favor of Christianity. Some are even possibly lies.

It is fine if it is about visions given as prophesied in both OT (Joel) and NT (Acts). Be alert if it's not in favor of Christianity, there are always lying tongues in this world.

That said. In order to be a real experience as in Paul's, one needs to be both in body and out of body at the same time. You can talk to someone in reality while the experience still going on. That's the sign of a real experience.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Everything God does has a purpose.

Sometimes I think there's various types of NDEs.
-"And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing. But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea." Acts 8:39-40

Definitely not encouraging anyone to pursue on their own. But if God does it, it's His call

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dont believe all NDEs myself. If they see a bright light, it doesnt necessarily mean it was God. Because Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light (II COR 11:14)

What are their lives like afterwards? Realizing that sometimes it takes awhile to process these NDEs.

Don Piper and Colton Burpo's accounts I believe.

For many, death is when they meet the medical definition, the natural one. But we're also spirit. (spirit, soul, and body (I Thess 5:23) .Luk16 account with Father Abraham and Lazarus. 26 "And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross ovr from there to us.'

We dont know when passing that great chasm happens. "For as the body without the spirit is dead..." (Jam 2:26). For believers, "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." (II Cor 5:8). Seems death is when both the spirit and soul leave the body permanently - God decides.

Yes if it leads to salvation, I tend to believe it.

Upvote 0