NDE of Dr. Richard Eby verifies old earth and gap theory.

Do you like the theory, old earth with a gap between Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 1:2?

• Yes, this is one of the most logical explanations I have heard.

• No, the earth is only 6000 to 10000 years old. Dr. Ian Juby said so!

• Yes, so maybe Mr. Al Gore was right about the ice being 650,000 years old.

• No, the fall of the Devil/Lucifer theory is a complete myth!

Results are only viewable after voting.

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
... Stephen Hawking Ph. d. may NOT have been an Atheist..... but actually an Agnostic.... .
No, he called himself an atheist, and was active in the humanist movement. He said he thought there was no God and that the afterlife was a fairytale.

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No, he called himself an atheist, and was active in the humanist movement. He said he thought there was no God and that the afterlife was a fairytale.

But.... Oskar Schindler was also very intelligent and he knew when it was ethical to give a false appearance in order to accomplish a greater long term good.

Chapter 13 of Stephen Hawking's Universe can leave you with questions and remind us of this part of a near death experience account.

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's Near-Death Experience

(Incidentally... previous to his NDE Mellen Benedict termed himself an Atheist).

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
But.... Oskar Schindler was also very intelligent and he knew when it was ethical to give a false appearance in order to accomplish a greater long term good.
Are you suggesting that Hawking was faking atheism? If not, what are you talking about?

Chapter 13 of Stephen Hawking's Universe can leave you with questions and remind us of this part of a near death experience account.
I've read a few of his works, but not that one.

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's Near-Death Experience

(Incidentally... previous to his NDE Mellen Benedict termed himself an Atheist).
Yes; NDE's are vivid experiences that can change lives as much as, or more than, psychedelics. I've read all kinds, and they're almost all very different. Unsurprisingly, no one has picked up any useful or significant information that would verify that their experience was not entirely imaginary.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Are you suggesting that Hawking was faking atheism? If not, what are you talking about?

Yes; NDE's are vivid experiences that can change lives as much as, or more than, psychedelics. I've read all kinds, and they're almost all very different. Unsurprisingly, no one has picked up any useful or significant information that would verify that their experience was not entirely imaginary.

Yes..... .the thought has crossed my mind that Dr. Stephen Hawking may have really been an Agnostic..... with some leanings to Theism or perhaps polytheism as Dr. Albert Einstein had but....... the pressure is so great at Oxford that just as Oskar Schindler had to lie and say that he was a Nazi to accomplish good for others..... so also Dr. Hawking may have lied..... and only he and G-d know his motives.

I am really glad that you are researching NDE accounts but I have found some that verified some powerful scientific information. Frankly..... .the methods in which Nikola Tesla and Albert Einstein got some of their information could remind us of Rabbi Nachman of Breslov????

Scientific Discoveries Come From Near-Death Experiences

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Chapter thirteen of Stephen Hawking's Universe is entitled The Anthropic Principle and gives an explanation for the Cyclic Model of the Universe......... that leaves us with a pretty clear understanding how astonishingly unlikely it is that electromagnetism, gravity, weak and strong nuclear force would be so perfectly tuned for carbon based life forms as is the case in our universe.

Near death experiencer Dr. Eben Alexander adds to the understanding of a particular part of the brain due to what he experienced during his seven day coma and near death experience. I forget which part of the brain he referred to....... maybe I should listen to this for the third time?

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
Yes..... .the thought has crossed my mind that Dr. Stephen Hawking may have really been an Agnostic..... with some leanings to Theism or perhaps polytheism as Dr. Albert Einstein had but....... the pressure is so great at Oxford that just as Oskar Schindler had to lie and say that he was a Nazi to accomplish good for others..... so also Dr. Hawking may have lied..... and only he and G-d know his motives.
Sure, all kinds of people, both believers and non-believers could be lying about their beliefs. But it seems to me reasonable to assume that they're not, unless there's good reason to suppose otherwise. Hawking was quoted as saying, “Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation. What I meant by ‘we would know the mind of God’ is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God, which there isn’t. I’m an atheist.” This seems pretty unequivocal to me.

Frankly..... .the methods in which Nikola Tesla and Albert Einstein got some of their information could remind us of Rabbi Nachman of Breslov????
Why?

I don't see anything extraordinary there - some anecdotes, some evidence that dream states can be creative (we know!) and the experience of NDEs can change people's lives - just like other traumatic or extreme experiences, and some spurious correlation - how many people who became famous for their achievements didn't have an NDE?

• Informative
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
Chapter thirteen of Stephen Hawking's Universe is entitled The Anthropic Principle and gives an explanation for the Cyclic Model of the Universe......... that leaves us with a pretty clear understanding how astonishingly unlikely it is that electromagnetism, gravity, weak and strong nuclear force would be so perfectly tuned for carbon based life forms as is the case in our universe.
Well, the universe actually appears fine-tuned for the production of black holes. The habitable zones for life-as-we-know-it are extremely rare. But there are a variety of plausible hypotheses to account for the appearance of fine-tuning, and some strong theoretical reasons for why it might be that way, e.g. various multiverse models and the vast ensemble predicted by M-theory.

Near death experiencer Dr. Eben Alexander adds to the understanding of a particular part of the brain due to what he experienced during his seven day coma and near death experience. I forget which part of the brain he referred to....... maybe I should listen to this for the third time?

It's rare that listening to other people's dreams brings up anything of interest, but if you're into fantasy fiction, go for it.

• Informative
Upvote 0