NDE of Dr. Richard Eby verifies old earth and gap theory.

Do you like the theory, old earth with a gap between Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 1:2?

• Yes, this is one of the most logical explanations I have heard.

• No, the earth is only 6000 to 10000 years old. Dr. Ian Juby said so!

• Yes, so maybe Mr. Al Gore was right about the ice being 650,000 years old.

• No, the fall of the Devil/Lucifer theory is a complete myth!

Results are only viewable after voting.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I was impressed with the explanation given for the fall of Lucifer which would quite possibly fit with an earth that may well be 4.5 billion years old.

Apparently a lot happened between the original creation of the earth and the time when the repairing of the earth was made necessary due to an attempted coup d'etat by Lucifer and the angels who decided to follow him!!

.near-death.com/forum/nde/000/91.html

Dr. Richard Eby:
"Jesus, tell me about this wondrous music all about me. Who is the composer? How is it made? From whence does it come? It is gorgeous!"

I was not disappointed when he began his answer by again asking me:
"Didn't you read my book? Repeatedly it exhorts my children to praise me with music from strings, trumpets, timbrels and voices. It is and was the prime communication of worship and praise and thanksgiving. Since I am the Creator, I am the composer of heaven's music which you are hearing."

Music became the resulting harmony from all of our creations, both of matter and energy. All resonated in unison with us. The elementary form was of and from and in ourselves. I might explain it as a triad of sub-electronic energy particles with and around which We constructed everything in our universe. The wave-forms we called light; whereas the material-forms we called dust of the Earth and water and air. Out of these, and into these, we created animals and birds and fishes and vegetable life to support them. Over these we created a mankind to supervise them as our appointed custodians made in our special image to act for us on Earth!"

Jesus hesitated as I tried to capture the immensity of his explanations.

"You must understand, my son, that original creation mirrored the composition and perfection of Person-God. All creation vibrated in unison with us! There was total accord and harmony everywhere as the whole creation was resonating with and in God!

"Each separate thing or being thus carried out an appointed task in our scheme for the universe. A heaven-form of music resulted as even the stars sang in their appointed circuits. Here in paradise you are hearing these melodious vibrations directly upon your new mind, undistorted. On Earth you heard distorted sounds through the air waves. Throughout heaven the music flows from my throne, uninterrupted, undefiled, and peace-giving."

Jesus paused again.
"My book tells of the time when Lucifer's rebellion in heaven changed some things. He sought to usurp my Father's throne, assume his position as the most high God, and to rule the universe. For that blasphemy Lucifer was cast from heaven to Earth; in fact, I saw him fall as a bolt of lightning! In a tantrum of hate and rage over being deposed so fast he and his fallen angels disfigured our perfect Earth. It became void and uninhabitable. For punishment befitting his enemy of God, Lucifer was given a new name, Satan, since he was the self-appointed "adversary' of the Almighty. Anything that God had made, Satan would attempt to destroy from then on. As Lucifer he had been created the highest angel about the throne, one of his assignments and talents being the chief musician in charge of worship and music. In his rebellious anger he set about destroying harmony on and in the Earth from then on. That is why the Earth where he operates now is out of harmony with God's other creations. In my book we call this disharmony "sin', because it defies God's will that even the heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament show his handiwork.

"But be of good cheer, my son. The Father has permitted me to overcome Satan's world system of sin, and to destroy the works of Satan, and to re-establish righteousness in the hearts of my friends. Eventually in his chosen time he will restore all creation as it once was, in him!" (Dr. Richard Eby, near-death.com)

Last edited:

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Revelation 12:4 "And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born."

Ezekiel 28 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone [was] thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Thou [art] the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee [so]: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Thou [wast] perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Great link AV1611VET!

Wikipedia is amazing isn't it?
Indeed it is! :)

If you get a Scofield Reference Bible, it too has notes on the Gap Theory (Scofield was a Gap Theorist).

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If you are going to try to take the Bible literally then you probably believe the Noah's Ark myth too. That has of course been debunked by hundreds of different means. The latest is that there is too much genetic diversity in the world.

If a disaster of that scale had occurred we would still be suffering from the genetic bottleneck that would result all over the world. Genetic bottlenecks can be dated. Cheetahs are one of the most studied populations lately. They have one that goes back only 10,000 years. This bottleneck is one of the reasons that they are on the brink of extinction. The lack of genetic diversity can make basic breeding difficult. Cheetahs are so closely related that you can take a skin graft from almost any cheetah and graft it onto another without rejection. Try this with a human being and the vast majority of the time the graft will be rejected.

To explain away genetic or population bottlenecks creationists must rely on a rate of evolution (that they always tell evolutionists is too slow) at about 1,000 times the observed rate.

In other words creationists must believe in evolution if they believe in Noah's Ark. In fact they have to believe in something no evolutionist believes in, they must believe in super evolution!

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are going to try to take the Bible literally then you probably believe the Noah's Ark myth too. That has of course been debunked by hundreds of different means. The latest is that there is too much genetic diversity in the world.

If a disaster of that scale had occurred we would still be suffering from the genetic bottleneck that would result all over the world. Genetic bottlenecks can be dated. Cheetahs are one of the most studied populations lately. They have one that goes back only 10,000 years. This bottleneck is one of the reasons that they are on the brink of extinction. The lack of genetic diversity can make basic breeding difficult. Cheetahs are so closely related that you can take a skin graft from almost any cheetah and graft it onto another without rejection. Try this with a human being and the vast majority of the time the graft will be rejected.

To explain away genetic or population bottlenecks creationists must rely on a rate of evolution (that they always tell evolutionists is too slow) at about 1,000 times the observed rate.

In other words creationists must believe in evolution if they believe in Noah's Ark. In fact they have to believe in something no evolutionist believes in, they must believe in super evolution!

But those are facts, and facts are there to be ignored.

[/sarcasm]

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So -- a man who loses oxygen to the brain for an extended period of time suddenly decides that Creationist mythology is legitimate?

Color me shocked.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So -- a man who loses oxygen to the brain for an extended period of time suddenly decides that Creationist mythology is legitimate?

Color me shocked.

You would expect that if one religion was "right" all near death experiences would be encounters with that one religious deity. But what is really interesting is that people in near death experiences invariably have encounters with the deities of their respective religions.Go figure...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't GAP theory adhere to a strict literal Genesis except the so called gap between Gen: 1:1 and 1:2, allowing for 4.5 billion years of what science says happened?

If so, then wouldn't it be contradictory for evolution to have taken place? Just asking.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Doesn't GAP theory adhere to a strict literal Genesis except the so called gap between Gen: 1:1 and 1:2, allowing for 4.5 billion years of what science says happened?

If so, then wouldn't it be contradictory for evolution to have taken place? Just asking.
I think the Gap model says there was another race of people (a pre-Adamic race) on the earth, prior to Genesis 1:2.

Perhaps Jazer can fill us in on the details?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I think the Gap model says there was another race of people (a pre-Adamic race) on the earth, prior to Genesis 1:2.

I believe according to Jazer that science is correct in the GAP. That tells me GAP want's it both ways. I really don't understand the idea of accepting and denying science in the same breath. That's kind of hypocritical.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe according to Jazer that science is correct in the GAP. That tells me GAP want's it both ways. I really don't understand the idea of accepting and denying science in the same breath. That's kind of hypocritical.
The Gap Theory, as I undersand it, neatly explains such things as cratering on the moon, the Grand Canyon, and supernovas; by suggesting that there was a cosmic battle that took place in the heavens prior to Genesis 1:2, that basically wrecked all of God's creation.

I think the six days of Genesis 1 then, are a restoration of God's creation back to what it is now.

But I could be wrong on this.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
From the OP:
Dr. Richard Eby:
"Jesus, tell me about this wondrous music all about me. Who is the composer? How is it made? From whence does it come? It is gorgeous!"

I was not disappointed when he began his answer by again asking me:
"Didn't you read my book? Repeatedly it exhorts my children to praise me with music from strings, trumpets, timbrels and voices. It is and was the prime communication of worship and praise and thanksgiving. Since I am the Creator, I am the composer of heaven's music which you are hearing."

Music became the resulting harmony from all of our creations, both of matter and energy. All resonated in unison with us. The elementary form was of and from and in ourselves. I might explain it as a triad of sub-electronic energy particles with and around which We constructed everything in our universe. The wave-forms we called light; whereas the material-forms we called dust of the Earth and water and air. Out of these, and into these, we created animals and birds and fishes and vegetable life to support them. Over these we created a mankind to supervise them as our appointed custodians made in our special image to act for us on Earth!"

I'm just wondering how the "Diabolus in Musica" (tritone) fits in. Oh! and of course, music is not real because it's only a "theory", i.e., "music theory". ^_^

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Interesting theory!

I have wondered about that possibility myself??!!

Another possibility is that Ezekiel 37 occurs again and again and again as many times as the Creator wishes to do it.....and the method could be the replication of a moment in what we think of as history....then a new branch of time is spun off in which a greater amount of the Holy Spirit is poured out....more people are led to salvation....but the rewards for remaining faithful under conditions not quite so difficult as a previous branch of time....would be less......more high positions in the kingdom would already have been taken.

This could have something to do with the young woman thinking that it was Peter's angel.....at the door....she seemed to think if somebody looked exactly like Peter....it might be his angel?????

This would relate to the doctrine of hell because the word for forever in Hebrew and Greek apparently means "until the end of conditions last."

Upvote 0