✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NBC News attacks LifeSiteNews and others as ‘alt-right’

November 19, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – After consulting with mostly pro-homosexual fringe groups and individuals seeking to normalize homosexuality within the Catholic Church, NBC News declared LifeSiteNews to be “alt-right.”

In an article titled “How the Catholic ‘alt-right’ aims to purge LGBTQ members from the church,” NBC rendered the same judgement about Church Militant and the Lepanto Institute, claiming all three are “ratcheting up the rhetoric with personal attacks on supporters of gay Catholics.”

NBC interprets defending Church teaching to be both “ultra-conservative” and “anti-gay.”

NBC sees our reporting on the bombshell Pennsylvania grand jury report exposing decades of clerical sexual abuse consisting mostly of priests preying on teen boys as “weaponizing” the report to “scapegoat homosexuals.”

“I call them the ‘Catholic alt-right,’” Fordham University theologian Jason Steidl told NBC News. “We haven’t seen anything like this before. I think they are part of a bigger cultural movement. These people have hitched their wagons to Trump’s presidency, to his tactics.”

Father James Martin, SJ, who is the Church’s chief apostle of the normalization of homosxuality and transgenderism, told NBC, “They inject fear, hatred and homophobia into religious discourse.”

More here:

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

November 19, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – After consulting with mostly pro-homosexual fringe groups and individuals seeking to normalize homosexuality within the Catholic Church, NBC News declared LifeSiteNews to be “alt-right.”

In an article titled “How the Catholic ‘alt-right’ aims to purge LGBTQ members from the church,” NBC rendered the same judgement about Church Militant and the Lepanto Institute, claiming all three are “ratcheting up the rhetoric with personal attacks on supporters of gay Catholics.”

NBC interprets defending Church teaching to be both “ultra-conservative” and “anti-gay.”

NBC sees our reporting on the bombshell Pennsylvania grand jury report exposing decades of clerical sexual abuse consisting mostly of priests preying on teen boys as “weaponizing” the report to “scapegoat homosexuals.”

“I call them the ‘Catholic alt-right,’” Fordham University theologian Jason Steidl told NBC News. “We haven’t seen anything like this before. I think they are part of a bigger cultural movement. These people have hitched their wagons to Trump’s presidency, to his tactics.”

Father James Martin, SJ, who is the Church’s chief apostle of the normalization of homosxuality and transgenderism, told NBC, “They inject fear, hatred and homophobia into religious discourse.”

More here:

LifeSiteNews must be doing something right. Kudos.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LifeSiteNews must be doing something right. Kudos.
I think their response in the remainder of the article was very good. They basically said all they were doing was establishing what was in Scriptures and the Catechism.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Jeepers I've seen folks on here who've been proud as a peacock about being alt-right, using that Pepe the Frog meme as their avatar, directly stating they're alt-right. So now that's an "attack"? Lol. Besides that, NBC is just quoting what a theologian at a Catholic university called Life Site News. NBC isn't attacking them at all. Smh.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jeepers I've seen folks on here who've been proud as a peacock about being alt-right, using that Pepe the Frog meme as their avatar, directly stating they're alt-right. So now that's an "attack"? Lol. Besides that, NBC is just quoting what a theologian at a Catholic university called Life Site News. NBC isn't attacking them at all. Smh.
I’m sure our Roman Catholic friends will point out the radical Jesuit cited and that Life Site has been defending church teachings and catechism.

The remainder of the article points this out nicely.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I’m sure our Roman Catholic friends will point out the radical Jesuit cited and that Life Site has been defending church teachings and catechism.

The remainder of the article points this out nicely.

I'm sure you're wrong. I'm Baptist but went to a Catholic HS. Now your friends may say that, but mine would say the precise opposite.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure you're wrong. I'm Baptist but went to a Catholic HS. Now your friends may say that, but mine would say the precise opposite.
Don’t think so. Raise Roman Catholic as well and actually attended 4 years of Jesuit university. The Jesuit priest is bucking Catholic teachings and Catechism.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Don’t think so. Raise Roman Catholic as well and actually attended 4 years of Jesuit university. The Jesuit priest is bucking Catholic teachings and Catechism.

You having spent four years at a Jesuit university & being raised Roman Catholic doesn't make you a friend to everyone else who is Roman Catholic, lol.

Let me repost what I wrote to you:

The Jesuit priest & the theologian are two separate people. Again, NBC quoting what the theologian at a Catholic university said about Life Site News about them being alt-right doesn't constitute an attack.

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You having spent four years at a Jesuit university & being raised Roman Catholic doesn't make you a friend to everyone else who is Roman Catholic, lol.

Let me repost what I wrote to you:

The Jesuit priest & the theologian are two separate people. Again, NBC quoting what the theologian at a Catholic university said about Life Site News about them being alt-right doesn't constitute an attack.
They are both Jesuits. Fordham is a Jesuit university.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After consulting with mostly pro-homosexual fringe groups and individuals seeking to normalize homosexuality within the Catholic Church

You have to wonder how long this fad will continue before it's not fashionable anymore??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Sadly, being a theologian at a Catholic university is no longer a guarantee of being a practicing and believing Catholic. Some Catholic theologians are practicing and believing Catholics and some aren't. Some Catholic universities build on the faith and some are great places to lose your faith. Caveat emptor. No guarantees. Check out the dudes being quoted and see. DuckDuckGo is your friend.

And as for being labeled alt-right Catholic, that appears to have become an attack on folks who accept the Bible and the Catechism and the Creeds, and who don't accept abortion or homosexual marriage, regardless of their politics. The article was not a great surprise, but a disappointment nonetheless.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Many Catholic high schools are indeed Catholic. Not all, but probably most. They are usually controlled directly by the diocese they are in.

Most Catholic colleges and universities wear the Catholic faith lightly, if at all. Some are very faithful but they are more of a rare thing. They usually have a secular board of trustees, and are independent of the control of any bishop. This goes back to something called the Land-o-Lakes Conference in the late 1960's, something disgraced ex-cardinal McCarrick was a signer of, which liberated Catholic colleges and universities of the control of bishops. Some of them are about as Catholic as Harvard and Yale are Protestant, which is to say not very much any more.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You have to wonder how long this fad will continue before it's not fashionable anymore??
It is fashionable for some in leadership, including some of our new cardinals like Tobin and Cupich, but it is wearing thin among lots of the laity, particularly since the disgraceful fall of now ex-cardinal McCarrick, who was an active homosexual who groomed and played with men and boys and it's all been exposed. It's not a surprise that the diddling of pre-teen boys and the beach-houses and bathhouses where seminarians were expected to sleep in his bed really are connected despite everybody saying for so long that there was zero connection.

This article by NBC I see as a bit of fighting back by the promoters of homosexuality in the Catholic Church. They could find that what they are pushing is indeed a passing fad. Or they could push on for the victory. I think they know that's what they have to do or else we will reform and sweep the 'filth' (pope Benedict's term) out of the Catholic Church.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
He does have a clue. He's probably closer to being an actual Catholic than most of those who educated him in college. I had the advantage of going to a secular high school and a secular college. I could learn my faith without being fed a porridge that someone claimed was Catholic but was mostly water.

Reactions: Athanasius377
Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟574,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why can't people separate the sinner from the sin anymore? We used to hate the sin; but love the sinner. Now we have groups that are trying to redefine bad as good based on their personal opinions. So abortion becomes a right to chose. Homosexuality becomes only between the two consenting adults and then demands public recognition within the sacrament of marriage. Speaking against these things becomes hate speech. What a twisted world we live in!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why can't people separate the sinner from the sin anymore? We used to hate the sin; but love the sinner. Now we have groups that are trying to redefine bad as good based on their personal opinions. So abortion becomes a right to chose. Homosexuality becomes only between the two consenting adults and then demands public recognition within the sacrament of marriage. Speaking against these things becomes hate speech. What a twisted world we live in!
Yes, and as a Catholic you know the teachings on these moral issues has not changed for centuries. It's the same message but somehow there is a 'new theology' out there which preaches a different gospel.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
He does have a clue. He's probably closer to being an actual Catholic than most of those who educated him in college. I had the advantage of going to a secular high school and a secular college. I could learn my faith without being fed a porridge that someone claimed was Catholic but was mostly water.

Never said that he was clueless. Nor would I. I said exactly what I said. :)

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
They are both Jesuits. Fordham is a Jesuit university.

I know, which is why I wrote "NBC is just quoting what a theologian at a Catholic university called Life Site News" in my very 1st post here.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Sadly, being a theologian at a Catholic university is no longer a guarantee of being a practicing and believing Catholic. Some Catholic theologians are practicing and believing Catholics and some aren't. Some Catholic universities build on the faith and some are great places to lose your faith. Caveat emptor. No guarantees. Check out the dudes being quoted and see. DuckDuckGo is your friend.

And as for being labeled alt-right Catholic, that appears to have become an attack on folks who accept the Bible and the Catechism and the Creeds, and who don't accept abortion or homosexual marriage, regardless of their politics. The article was not a great surprise, but a disappointment nonetheless.

There's no guarantee that anybody claiming to be Catholic or Christian teaching or preaching in any Catholic or Christian school or church is a practicing & believing person of faith. But right here on this forum we're not allowed to say that somebody who claims to be a Christian isn't one, & I think that's decent rule to apply outside of this forum too. I'm not in the slightest bit interested in whatever it is you think about this fellow's faith, nor do I have any need to use up my time trying to read through & assess it when God alone is the one who judges whether or not somebody is a believer. You can't Duck Duck Go your way into that.

There's plenty of folks who accept the Bible & the Catechism & the Creeds, who don't accept abortion or homosexual marriage, regardless of their politics, who are not categorized as alt-right.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

More here:

Just how did NBC attack LifeSiteNews? A journalist wrote a story where one of the people in it called some in the ultra - conservative Catholic groups The Catholic alt-right. How is NBC attacking anyone?

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0