• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

nausea

Alenci

To God be the glory
Sep 2, 2002
Lost in thought
Visit site
✟16,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Does anyone know of an herbal supplement that is supposed to help with nausea?

After I came home from Haiti (coincidence maybe), I have spent the week feeling like I have awful diarrhea and resisting the urge to run to the restroom. I feel a little nauseous too. I was not sick on the trip and have not been sick while at home either, and my bowels are normal (no diarrhea, no constipation). I have no idea what is causing me to feel this way, unless it is stress-related.

whatisyourstory

Tell your story and change a life
Feb 8, 2008
Midwest
✟11,775.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If you are still feeling this way, you should give your doctor a call. Just to be safe. Other than that, all I could recommend is drinking weak tea. Something with mint is usually best to calm the tummy. Get some extra rest to help your body if it is trying to fight something off.

I hope you are feeling better (((hugs)))

Upvote 0
Nausea is the sensation that there is a need to vomit. Nausea can be acute and short-lived, or it can be prolonged. When prolonged, it is a debilitating symptom. Nausea can be psychological or physical in origin. It can originate from problems in the brain or organs of the upper gastrointestinal tract. It also may be caused by pain, motion, medications and diseases of many non-gastrointestinal organs of the body. Therefore, the diagnosis of the cause of prolonged nausea may not be easy. All stimuli that cause nausea work via the vomiting center in the brain which gives rise to the sensation of nausea and coordinates the physical act of vomiting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums