Jun 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟4,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Dang it, my ole lady red thes here thred, shez upset bout me soundin like un no-edukadid rednek bafoon!!!! I guez I bin watken tha rednik comedee hr. to muchin har lately!!!!!

So, if women are to dress modestly, I would guess that they are suppose to dress! And that would be enough scriptural support for me to extend it to men also!

That pretty much puts the issue to bed!!!!

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well lets see, the only thing I can see, is the demoniac..He was naked and cutting himself with stones.. They just happen to mention that he was naked.. until Jesus healed Him, and then they said he was clothed in his right mind.. So does nakedness and being plagued with evil spirits affecting your mind, mean anything. LOL.

Well that's all I could find about being naked.

Upvote 0

Hadron

In His Footsteps
Nov 4, 2004
✟2,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Trish1947 said:
Well lets see, the only thing I can see, is the demoniac..He was naked and cutting himself with stones.. They just happen to mention that he was naked.. until Jesus healed Him, and then they said he was clothed in his right mind.. So does nakedness and being plagued with evil spirits affecting your mind, mean anything. LOL.

Well that's all I could find about being naked.

LOL well there was that other part where Noah got drunk and was laying in his tent uncovered. And you know what happened to his son that saw and then told the others. The other two walked in backwards and covered him...

hmm...

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Penumbra said:
When they were right with God, they were COVERED in His glory. That is the same glory that Moses glowed with, to a much less extent. When Adam and Eve's eyes were opened, the glory had been removed far from them and they realized they were naked. When people start glowing again with God's glory, I'll be the first to take off my clothes.

I didn't see this post...but I agree with it...:)

Upvote 0

amorosi

Jan 22, 2005
✟957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
TRY demonic activity present !!

Just for starters --or backsliding for a professing believer. !

I once came across a guy's website ....who claimed to be born again..or is that "inappropriate content again" who had pages and reams of justification--to support his right to be a "naturist" as a professing believer--using similiar persuasions and arguments to that from-- the garden of eden-- and now that we are restored-- go for it was his gist--let's go back to the garden--and to our roots, and run around starker's--and who cares who sees-- those funny parts of the human bodyand anatomy-- your free in Christ now--so therfore run free, act free, and be free !! .....was his "ungodly" .....catch-cry.

Well let's examine a few cases from the bible or perhaps maybe two--seeing the op's request is wanting and desiring this of us--and not just mere human opinions.

From the gospel of saint John: the apostles and the disciples after forsaking the Lord at his most crucial moment ( crucifixition and death ) ALL decided it was all over red-rover, now there mentor[master]-had been put to death, and so they all went back to their secular jobs--and resumed their old lives--not understanding he Jesus was prophesied to rise from the grave.

So in utter defeat and with tail firmly between legs, and "guilty" of "total unbelief" they simply just went back to stuff like-- fishing for a living-- and other before time.... occupations.

So not long after "Christ's death" on the beach one day--Peter said to them--" I go a fishing ", and other discipoles say--we go with thee also--anyway the story goes that they toiled all night--but no fish were caught--but when morning came around--Jesus appeared to them on the shore--but they "knew not" it was Jesus yet !!

Jesus ask's them...have you any meat [food] ?

They answered...... NO

So he tells them to cast their nets in this direction--and you shall find plenty of fish.

But now...all of a sudden.....something happens....that disciple whom Jesus loved [assumingly John--who leaned on his bosom] recognized JESUS

And said " It is the Lord "

Now when Simon Peter heard that it indeed, was the LORD.

He immediately did something ?

Scipture says " he girt his fisher's coat unto him, for he was naked

And did cast himself immediately into the sea lol

Theirs a funny side to this...but also a serious side to it.

Peter was smitten by shame, by embarrasment, felt all of a sudden cheapish, and very very uncomfortable....and he also knew that the personification of "purity and holiness" was standing before him.

Hence he jumped very hastily into the sea... and quick smart at that...and was compelled to cover up immediately...and as quickly as possible....knowing that being naked...was out of place in this public setting-- and enviroment.{ John 21: 3-7}

YOu see the disciples basically went back to unbelief and backslid, after Jesus was put to death.

So this was a shock to the system in many ways...to see him alive again, and in bodily form [ glorified bodily form.... i might add ]

Im gonna submit this post and get back to you on another example in the word on public nudity and how it can be evidence of demonic behaviour's going on.

Amorosi

Upvote 0

Hadron

In His Footsteps
Nov 4, 2004
✟2,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
amorosi said:
I once came across a guy's website ....who claimed to be born again..or is that "inappropriate content again" who had pages and reams of justification--to support his right to be a "naturist" as a professing believer

lol that was actually funny.

I was thinking about the whole thing and being nude is just totally not acceptable nor is it ideal. You can't get anything done while nude and if you are truly for nudity you cannot even wear shoes or else that is cheating. So... being nude is just plain useless. You aren't protected, you can't be in cold climates - shall I go on?

Upvote 0

amorosi

Jan 22, 2005
✟957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Penumbra said:

I was thinking about the whole thing and being nude is just totally not acceptable nor is it ideal. You can't get anything done while nude and if you are truly for nudity you cannot even wear shoes or else that is cheating. So... being nude is just plain useless. You aren't protected, you can't be in cold climates - shall I go on?
YES...in one sense you have to laugh, to keep from crying !! :help:

God clothes those who overcome in all things with "white robes" revelation (2-3)

Wheres as he...the devil...seeks to dis-robe those--who are overcome !!

That's the irony or anamoly, of this entire thread !! :cry:

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Quaffer said:
No one yet has given any scripture :scratch: is there any scripture to show it's not a right thing to do?

Yes. If you look in the Mosaic laws in the books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy you will see scriptures prohibiting the uncovering of the nakedness of members of blood relations. If you take this literally, then naturism involving you and members of your immediately family would be forbidden under Mosaic law. Of course, these scriptures also involve sexual encounters and this was probably the meaning of these references. But it is interesting to note that the scripture equates sexual sin and the uncovering of nakedness.

Of course, Christians are no longer subject to the Mosaic law, and naturists would not be condemned. But they would have to live with the constant reminders from the Holy Spirit that their activities are not consistent with God's standards for Christians if they were involved in naturism.

I don't care what some people think. Seeing someone naked demeans and devalues then, unless you are in a husband/wife relationship. The marriage bed is not defiled, and that is the only place where a couple can be naked in front of each other and sense real peace with God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

non-religious

Veteran
Mar 4, 2005
Herts
✟11,017.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
[Penumbra]

2 things not to do whilst being a naturist:

Fry anything in oil... (it's gotta hurt)
Any job that involves climbing a ladder (what a sight that would be :eek: )

Upvote 0

amorosi

Jan 22, 2005
✟957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jude warned: that certain ungodly types, wOULD creep in, and that unawares !!

And will try to do what ??

"Turn the grace of our Lord jesus christ--into lasciviousness"

And denying the only Lord God, and also his son, our Lord Jesus Christ

iow Because we are under grace--and free in christ, and with that liberty, this then would be used as a licence to sin, and an occassion to the flesh.[gal 5:13]

SHALL WE CONTINUE IN SIN: that grace may abound, God forbid, how shall we who are "dead to sin", live any longer there-in ?? [rom 6:1-2 ]

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Penumbra said:

Wearing clothing when needed does not disqualify them from being a naturist. Their thought is that clothing is for protection. Therefore, wearing shoes when walking in rough and rugged areas is necessry. The same would be for cold weather...in order to protect the body from elements of harm, clothing is worn.

How about in the confines of one's home though? A husband and wife alone in non-sexual activity? Or how about a secluded back yard where the neighbors cannot see? Is it an issue there?

Since the scriptures we have only seem to elude to being unclothed as "evil" how can we convince anyone it really is?

Upvote 0

non-religious

Veteran
Mar 4, 2005
Herts
✟11,017.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
[Quaffer]
Or how about a secluded back yard where the neighbors cannot see? Is it an issue there?
Topless sunbathing occurs on crowded beaches around the world, no-one makes an issue of it. It's like art, is all forms of artist impression that illustrates nakedness wrong? Perhaps it is? I personally see no problem with either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
amorosi said:
YES...in one sense you have to laugh, to keep from crying !! :help:

God clothes those who overcome in all things with "white robes" revelation (2-3)

Wheres as he...the devil...seeks to dis-robe those--who are overcome !!

That's the irony or anamoly, of this entire thread !! :cry:

An anomoly? Sin is an anomoly to what God initiated. How can we reach out to people who are deceived if we can't even discuss the issues in order to be able to reach out to those caught up in such lies if we cannot even give an adequate and Biblical answer other than "because I say so" or "because I prophesy so"?

If the "scripture" does not address the issue that is here, how do we deal with it when we come in contact with those who are in it?

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
amorosi said:
Jude warned: that certain ungodly types, wOULD creep in, and that unawares !!

And will try to do what ??

"Turn the grace of our Lord jesus christ--into lasciviousness"

And denying the only Lord God, and also his son, our Lord Jesus Christ

iow Because we are under grace--and free in christ, and with that liberty, this then would be used as a licence to sin, and an occassion to the flesh.[gal 5:13]

SHALL WE CONTINUE IN SIN: that grace may abound, God forbid, how shall we who are "dead to sin", live any longer there-in ?? [rom 6:1-2 ]

Lacivious means "wanton, lewd, lustful" These people living in a Naturist community say they do everything as everyone else. They say being unclothed is not "sexual". It's not a community of orgies. Again, we are using scripture that CAN be applied to the situation but directly does not. Please know, I'm NOT defending it...I want to give answers from the Bible and as of yet have none.

The ones regarding the demoniac, they say he was clothed after because the weather probably required it. With Noah, it was weather related and because his son was mocking him. In my thoughts they are speculating just as well as we are. There is nothing that I can find to clarify either way. :help:

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This topic has taken an interesting turn in my parents' lives. They are southern baptist to the cellular level. Yet, my mother, who is 75 yrs. old, is an artist.

They say anyone who is a serious artist, eventually reaches the day where the desire to paint the human body, overrides the prudishness of it all. If you paint a clothed woman...you are not painting her body...you are painting the flows and creases of a gown.

And so it goes.

The day came for my mother. She fought against the urge...for about five minutes..and is currently perfecting the curve of the thigh and shadow of the breast.

She has two nudes on display in her home...where God and everybody can see. She even painted one of me....sitting on a beach...(no...I didn't pose for it!)

God created the body and it is a beautiful thing (except from the backside looking up a ladder! Lord have mercy! :D )

That said...I would wonder how many at a nudist camp are there for the freedom and how many are there for the gawking....

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
9-iron said:
Q, I am going to use on old out. The NT says the Lord will write His laws on our hearts and not stone tablets. I just don't see how this reflects the light of the gospel in any shape or form...

I agree but how do you explain what the reflection of the light is not when what scripture we have does not address what we are saying is bad?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.