Naturism (nudism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
I hope this is the place to ask this question. Can a Christian be a nudist?

Can you be around nude people without sinning because they are nude?

I think so.

I have often heard the skimpy clothing that is legal is some places is sexier than full nudity would be.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I don't see why not. Most nudists don't see the body as sexual really, it's a different mindset.

Upvote 0

The Nihilist

Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
✟16,289.00
Faith
Atheist
Though nudism in of itself isn't a sin, I can't see Jesus being in a nudist camp. I don't think it's conduct he would've approved of.

1 Corinthians 6:12 :

"Everything is permissible for me"--but not everything is beneficial."
Sounds more like it's something you wouldn't approve of. You should be more careful about keeping your prejudices and your theology separate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shinbits

Dec 4, 2005
New York
✟14,001.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds more like it's something you wouldn't approve of. You should be more careful about keeping your prejudices and your theology separate.
My "prejudices"? Maybe you shouldn't assume things about people you know nothing about. I have nothing against nudism. However, I don't think I can defend it from a Christian standpoint, and merely pointed out why, using a logical point from Scriptures.

Rather than making baseless assumptions, adress the point itself, and show with logical reasoning why you disagree.

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't see why not...

Though, americans especially seem to be rather "hung up" on nudity...as if the human body is something dirty, sinful, and should always be covered, unseen etc...

Personally, I love the time I get to spend out at Gaea...clothing is over-rated ;)

Upvote 0

shinbits

Dec 4, 2005
New York
✟14,001.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't see why not...

Though, americans especially seem to be rather "hung up" on nudity...as if the human body is something dirty, sinful, and should always be covered, unseen etc...

Personally, I love the time I get to spend out at Gaea...clothing is over-rated ;)
It's not that we're "hung up" on nudity, it's that we know human sexuality is too strong to ignore. Rampant nudity would just add a fire to that sexuality. Why else do we separate bathrooms and locker rooms, even in Europe? Again, it's because human sexuality is too strong to ignore.

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
It's not that we're "hung up" on nudity, it's that we know human sexuality is too strong to ignore. Rampant nudity would just reinforce that sexuality. Why else do we separate bathrooms and locker rooms, even in Europe? Again, it's because human sexuality is too strong to ignore.

If it were about sexuality we'd definitely see more evidence of it with all the nude people on the beach there...

However, there's notta flagpole in sight...

So I don't subscribe to the thought "human sexuality being too strong to ignore"

Upvote 0

shinbits

Dec 4, 2005
New York
✟14,001.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If it were about sexuality we'd definitely see more evidence of it with all the nude people on the beach there...

However, there's notta flagpole in sight...

So I don't subscribe to the thought "human sexuality being too strong to ignore"
I noticed u skipped my question about the separate bathrooms...

But as far as the bit about "more evidence" on a beach, notice that only certain venues allow for it. Imagine if nudity was allowed anywhere (schools, work, public transportation, etc...) It would be a whole different story. As much teen pregnancy, illegal sex and general promiscuity as there already is exists, it be exponentially higher if nudity weren't restricted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I noticed u skipped my question about the separate bathrooms...

But as far as the bit about "more evidence" on a beach, notice that only certain venues allow for it. Imagine if nudity was allowed anywhere (schools, work, public transportation, etc...) It would be a whole different story. As much teen pregnancy, illegal sex and general promiscuity as there already is exists, it be exponentially higher if nudity weren't restricted.

That's more for individual preference rather than neccessity... not to be too graphic, but would be you comfortable seeing a menstrating woman changing her tampon? Probably not any more comfy than she would be with you watching...some things are private...that doesn't mean they're dirty, sexual, or sinful...it just means sometimes you want some privacy.

The place where I spend a lot of my free time doesn't have separate bathrooms, showers, etc...it's all one big open roman shower LOL

No visible evidence of sexuality there either...even when scrubbing backs ;)

The entire campground is clothing optional...I tend to wear a sarong skirt during the cooler months, but that's more for warmth than any sense of "modesty" ...

The more we try to hide the human body, the more we make it secret, dirty, sinful, or sexual only...the more we inhibit people from seeing that people are just people, with the same parts, the same feelings, the same needs as we all have. To be seen as equal and accepted as a whole, feeling, complete person.

Add to taht...the children that run amok around the camp...are keeping their virginity longer precicely because the opposite sex isn't such a mystery...they've seen lots of it by the time they become sexually mature...and are in less of a hurry to explore the fruit...*because* it's not "forbidden, secret, dirty"

Same response for christmas presents..."what's under the wrapper" well...these young people already know what's under the wrapper, so they're more able to be complete people when they do finally decide to enter into a sexual relationship with a partner. More news for ya: they tend to keep those relationships for longer than I've seen some marriages last!

Upvote 0
J

Jazer

(Isaiah 58:6-14 NKJV) "Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke? {7} Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; When you see the naked, that you cover him, And not hide yourself from your own flesh? {8} Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily, And your righteousness shall go before you; The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard. {9} Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am.'

Upvote 0

shinbits

Dec 4, 2005
New York
✟14,001.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's more for individual preference rather than neccessity... not to be too graphic, but would be you comfortable seeing a menstrating woman changing her tampon? Probably not any more comfy than she would be with you watching...some things are private...that doesn't mean they're dirty, sexual, or sinful...it just means sometimes you want some privacy.
So are u saying you're comfy with women watching you change your tampon, just not men? Besides, I've seen my wife change hers, and I'm not the least bit bothered by it.

The place where I spend a lot of my free time doesn't have separate bathrooms, showers, etc...it's all one big open roman shower LOL

No visible evidence of sexuality there either...even when scrubbing backs ;)
Sounds fun. ;). But again, humans are exhibit rampant sexual behavior already. It's logical that it would just increase if clothes weren't a requirement. However, if humans weren't such sexual beings, there'd be no logical reason to forbid nudity.

The entire campground is clothing optional...I tend to wear a sarong skirt during the cooler months, but that's more for warmth than any sense of "modesty" ...

The more we try to hide the human body, the more we make it secret, dirty, sinful, or sexual only...the more we inhibit people from seeing that people are just people, with the same parts, the same feelings, the same needs as we all have. To be seen as equal and accepted as a whole, feeling, complete person.
I agree with you here. Nudity needlessly mystifies the human body, making nudity much more of an issue than it really is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
So are u saying you're comfy with women watching you change your tampon, just not men? Besides, I've seen my wife change hers, and I'm not the least bit bothered by it.
I'm an old bat...I don't have that problem anymore...but it didn't bother me one way or the other when I was still a youngin'...

But, from what I gather, some women are bothered being watched when doing something "that" personal...

eh...to each their own ;)

Sounds fun. ;). But again, humans are exhibit rampant sexual behavior already. It's logical that it would just increase if clothes weren't a requirement. However, if humans weren't such sexual beings, there'd be no logical reason to forbid nudity.
unless it was just a way to try and force a society into living up to the mores of a few...

I agree with you here. Nudity needlessly mystifies the human body, making nudity much more of an issue than it really is.

Yep...case in point...the freaking out about women breast feeding in public...as if there's anything remotely sexual about a mother feeding her child :sigh::doh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.