london
✟17,500.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello i'm new here, this is only my second post so far. I wanted to post about nature. i feel really peaceful and i feel closer to God when i am with nature or when i see nature. I often go for long walks in the woods and i love it and thats when i think about life and about God. Also i have been watching a live stream on youtube from an African national park, everyday i see the Elephants, Giraffes (my favourites!), Zebra, Lions,Rhino, Gazelle and i feel peaceful and happy just watching these beautiful majestic animals. Even though i also know nature can be cruel and brutal, i understand these animals must fight to survive. The predators, such as the lions must hunt or they die and prey like the gazelle has to be on guard all the time. But somehow i understand that nature has to work that way, it can be sad but its also really wonderful in so many ways. Does anyone else feel the same and feel closer to God through nature?

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, that’s one reason I have a biology degree. Other organisms feel like family . ( you don’t have to like all of your human relatives and you certainly don’t like all of your non human relatives like murder hornets and malaria organisms) Finding out as a child that my beloved cat really was family ( common descent) made it even more real.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟332,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Ryan! I totally agree. I love nature and feel it opens my eyes more to God's whole creation. Just recently, while walking through the park, I realized how woodpeckers make holes in trees to get food, then leave when they're done. Then, owls move on in and make the hole their home! It's soo true that God provides for the birds of the air!

Also, it seems even Jesus went away a lot into nature.

Upvote 0