natural remedy for asthma?

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
for years, my asthma's pretty mild that I don't need medication for it, just some Ricola cough drops here and there when I need it. Just recently I just got over my cold, but the coughing is still there and it makes me wonder if a cold can make the asthma get worse each time I have it. If there's medication for it...I don't want them, especially if there's steroids in them...I'm overweight as is, due to low thyroid and no hormones (hysterectomy) and the last thing I need is to gain MORE weight from those kind of medications!
dry.gif
Is there a natural alternative that I can look into to control my asthma?

Rois

Be strong and take heart
Dec 27, 2008
✟8,268.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have bad asthma--it gets really bad with colds and upper respiratory infections. I have an inhaler (a Nebulizer and a rescue inhaler) that helps me. There are some teas out there that are supposed to help with breathing--they tasted like grass to me, I think it was from Yogi teas. (Breathe Deep it's called).

My asthma has gotten progressively worse, and colds can take up to 2 weeks to go away. It's common for coughing to last longer. I had bronchitis two years ago, and that's when it got bad. I also start taking an inhaler steroid medication to keep my lungs open when I'm sick, but you said you don't want that---but, I know its not the kind of steroids you think of (like that athletes sometimes take)---its different than that. I'd love to find a natural remedy too, but I don't mess around when it comes to my breathing.

Good luck, I hope you find something!

Upvote 0

Yardstick

Episcopalian
Oct 12, 2008
Kansas City, MO
✟8,539.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not advocating illegal drug use. If you happen to live somewhere where it's legal though, you may want to talk to your doctor about Medical Marijuana. Research shows it can help with Asthma by acting as a bronchial dilator. Basically opening up the airways in the lungs.

• Winner
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While I don't know if it will help during an asthma attack, I have heard that doing the following improves breathing:

Run steaming hot water in your bathroom sink and then hang your head over the sink with a towel draped over your head to trap the steam. They say it works wonders. I've never tried that before but I do know that taking a nice steamy shower always helps me when I have a sinus infection. I also suffer from mild asthma.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rois' avatar was in my family Doctor's office - the one that delivered me! He could never get anywhere with my respiratory problems that were both acute and chronic, affecting the entire respiratory system from one end to the other. Eventually medical science left me to die. Over 30 years ago! And now I play trumpet!? "God calls the things that are not, to confound those things that are."

Forgive me if I get passionate about this stuff. The last time I ever needed a rescue inhaler was before I learned that Jesus died of asphyxiation! How much time have you spent literally looking death in the face, struggling to breathe? Yes, He is THERE.

Herbal remedies that have done for me what no Rx ever could:

Ephedra. Do NOT take this daily for 6 months. Do learn what a "proper" dose is for you, and only take as needed. More people die from aspirin each year than have died in the total of mankind's recorded existence from Ephedra. Remember, it's called the "supplementation and education Act."

Lobelia. It's what the troops used for pnemonia when Rx ran out in the Civil War. Had been used by Indians from time immemorial.

D-ribose. Expensive and more of a sport supplement, but it's a game changer!

Cloves. I haven't tried ingesting clove pills yet, I just inhale from the bottle and it gives some relief. I only tried this because I bought an expired (cheap) concoction that helped, and the only ingredient in there I hadn't already tried and not gotten any benefit from was ... cloves! Often pill / supplement form is different from what we cook with. Not sure in this case.

Mullein. I got NO benefit from this in the short term, but taken regularly for an extended time it "rebuilds the lungs as a system." Traditional Eastern medicine stuff; works wonders for me.

I've never tried expensive brands of anything, cheap stuff works just fine but do a cost analysis. (How much actual active ingredient in the bottle vs cost) Most pills I get are a dime each, $10/bottle of 100 or so.

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
for years, my asthma's pretty mild that I don't need medication for it, just some Ricola cough drops here and there when I need it. Just recently I just got over my cold, but the coughing is still there and it makes me wonder if a cold can make the asthma get worse each time I have it. If there's medication for it...I don't want them, especially if there's steroids in them...I'm overweight as is, due to low thyroid and no hormones (hysterectomy) and the last thing I need is to gain MORE weight from those kind of medications!
dry.gif

Avoid dairy like the plague. It's a major asthma contributor. Google "The Instant Cure for the Common Cold", by Walter Last. Fascinating information on how dairy products (lactose) is responsible for a lot of illnesses. Dr. Vaughn Lawrence also stated that 4 out of 5 of his patients with asthma get well after cutting out dairy.

Also, saturate your body with magnesium chloride. Google Dr. Mark Sircus.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
dry.gif

The guy above just said 1 of the things. Dairy. Avoid it.

Secondly, believe it or not, dehydration is another culprit.

When the water level in the body is low, the body takes water from a less important area to supply a more important area. One of the area where water would be taken from is in your lungs (i do not remember the specific area of my head). To replace this, mucus is used but mucus is thick and sticky and that causes your lungs to not expands and contract properly, and that causes an asthma attack. So one thing you can do is ensure you are always hydrated and if u are having an attack, drink water.

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You also may want to explore mega-dosing with Liposomal Vitamin C. I just made my first batch a couple of days ago. It supposedly brought a man out of a coma and cured his leukemia. It's powerful stuff. There's a lot of Youtube clips about this, including a lecture at a medical conference by Dr. Thomas Levy, an expert in this field. Mega-dosing with Vitamin C is very safe and effective.

Reactions: loribee59
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoraWilliams

Apr 19, 2016
USA
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too bad to know that those medication made your asthma worse. Glad you decided to switch to natural alternatives. To avoid asthma you should stop smoking tobacco (if ever you are). Also, always cover you nose while you're outside because of the air pollution that can lead to asthma attacks and breathing problems. Avoid being stressed so that your immune system won't get affected that might trigger your asthma. For the home remedies, you may try ginger, mustard oil, garlic, figs or honey.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Clairiebels

Oct 12, 2019
Bohol
✟15,221.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
dry.gif

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
a natural
tester.
It is crucial , in some if not most instances, or at least very helpful, to find a natural tester. The testing can then be used again , and again, and again, to measure progress over the months and years, easily.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beware of Singular or the generic version Montelukast:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Amazing Medicines: The Drug Companies Don't Want You to Discover!

There is a chapter of something truly amazing and basically free.....

hint (spoiler alert) : Everyone who has an asthma attack has dehydrated lungs at the time of the attack (discovered by testing not by testimony) ....

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Avoid dairy like the plague. It's a major asthma contributor. Google "The Instant Cure for the Common Cold", by Walter Last. Fascinating information on how dairy products (lactose) is responsible for a lot of illnesses. Dr. Vaughn Lawrence also stated that 4 out of 5 of his patients with asthma get well after cutting out dairy.
This was revealed about 1948 in a now censored (deleted from all known sources) "white paper" published by the licensed doctors who studied the cause of thousands of percent increase in disease between the wars (I and II) ...
Instead of people getting better after this, the white poisons were increased in sales greatly and doctors usually did not bother to tell people because the drugmakers did not want them to.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd love to find a natural remedy too
.... many are listed in this thread, and very safe - safer than taking one apsirin for most people... however, given that there may be other factors also to be aware of at least, if not concerned, it would be better I think if you can find a natural tester, be tested by someone who has a good track record , to determine what is needed...

Upvote 0