• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Natural hormone therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akathist

Theology Team
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2004
USA
✟70,418.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You might try asking about this in the Natural Health area of the Foru.ms. Here in this area people can't discourage medication use. All we can do is suggest you take what your doctor prescribes.

PCOS is hard to get diagnosed. I am glad you are getting help for it. There may be a Osteopath or a Natural Health Doctor in your area that might have other suggestions for you.

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You might try asking about this in the Natural Health area of the Foru.ms. Here in this area people can't discourage medication use. All we can do is suggest you take what your doctor prescribes.

PCOS is hard to get diagnosed. I am glad you are getting help for it. There may be a Osteopath or a Natural Health Doctor in your area that might have other suggestions for you.
I'm not tryin to do that.

Guess I forgot to mention that I tried to take birth control pills before. And had reaction. I can not take it. I am not trying to discourage anyone from taking their meds.

Guess I should just back out and say BYE BYE.

I won't post in this section again.

Upvote 0
N

Nobility

As for PCOS, the BEST therapy is to lose weight, but I'm sure you know, that isn't easy!

So the next best bet is to try 2 other things (if the pill does work for you this is)... Firstly is metformin (helps many PCOS people :)), and secondly start some kind of lower carb diet as this is often the first step to getting it sorted weight wise.

Note, I say Lower carb, not low carb. Low carb isn't long term that great for you unless you are diabetic or similar, but lower carb can be good for those with PCOS. I don't know if it's actually the thing that changed the hormone levels or not, but my mum who has PCOS used the "YOU on a diet" diet and found that within 3 months, her hormone levels were back in normal.

So yes, the best option is to lose weight because there are more male hormones with the more fat you have on your body....

I hope I've helped a little.. .I'll post more later.

Upvote 0

Katryna

Jan 28, 2008
Illinois
✟7,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry, but I don't consider birth control pills a "med". They are a contraceptive *option*, and as a widely used hormonal pill, it is a commonly-known risk for them to be used by women over 35. I would certainly question that doctor's advice, especially if the poster is not in need of them for contraception. Many PCOS websites question the use of BC pills in treating PCOS; it is not a commonly favored option, and combined with the risk factor for "mature" women, I would seek a different opinion.

Again, most family practitioners are not qualified to treat PCOS... I encourage women to seek out endocrinologists with a special interest in PCOS. They are hard to find, but well worth it when you do.

Upvote 0

leenoodle

Mar 25, 2009
Wisconsin
✟7,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wow...there was a pretty stiff reply there.

Medications did not work for me...unless I was TTC.

If you are looking for some supplement suggestions...here is a site that was very helpful to me. ovarian-cysts-pcos dot com and then click on Nutritional supplements.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.