Native American Exile: Illegal Immigration Laws toward Mexico harm American Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Government no longer acts in the interest of the people; there is always an agenda that perpetrators try to keep hidden. Government may never have really have acted in the interest of the people, but people used to think it did and these days people know it doesn't.

Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I'm curious to know what you think of this article. I think it's a good start in the right direction.

WASHINGTON – On Thursday, July 9, 2015, the White House will host the first-ever White House Tribal Youth Gathering in Washington, DC, to provide American Indian and Alaska Native youth from across the country the opportunity to interact directly with senior Administration officials and the White House Council on Native American Affairs.

White House to Host First-ever Tribal Youth Gathering on July 9

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm curious to know what you think of this article. I think it's a good start in the right direction.

White House to Host First-ever Tribal Youth Gathering on July 9
Concerning the issue of presentations, I am almost done with the project I'm having to do with Native Americans and borders - and was thankful for this presentation that I came across on the issue..

Also, as it concerns the issue of borders not being respected for Native Americans when it came to loaning land out for others to use..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Gxg (G²), I stopped in for a few moments to check in here. I would be interested in hearing about this project you're working on. I have kept myself busy lately with the online protest #IndigenizeZuckerberg, which is protesting against Facebook's name policy discriminating against authentic legal Native names, and now with the NDN social media protests against Adam Sandler and Netflix. I have also been making plans with my family for our trip to Red Earth this summer.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²), I stopped in for a few moments to check in here. I would be interested in hearing about this project you're working on. I have kept myself busy lately with the online protest #IndigenizeZuckerberg, which is protesting against Facebook's name policy discriminating against authentic legal Native names, and now with the NDN social media protests against Adam Sandler and Netflix. I have also been making plans with my family for our trip to Red Earth this summer.
As soon as I'm done with the project, I will let you know - as it's rather intensive and part of the studies for Graduate school.

On the rest of what you noted, I heard on the Adam Sandler mess and others walking out on the set after he made some names (pointless) that were offensive - but I was not aware of the Netflix issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²), I stopped in for a few moments to check in here. I would be interested in hearing about this project you're working on. I have kept myself busy lately with the online protest #IndigenizeZuckerberg, which is protesting against Facebook's name policy discriminating against authentic legal Native names, and now with the NDN social media protests against Adam Sandler and Netflix.
Has the online protest been effective for you?

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Government no longer acts in the interest of the people; there is always an agenda that perpetrators try to keep hidden. Government may never have really have acted in the interest of the people, but people used to think it did and these days people know it doesn't.
Thankfully, as the saying goes, "people should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." And those who have awareness of where the government does not act in the interest of people have the means of recognizing when the government is to be held accountable rather than excused as if things simply have to happen....

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is also this quote by John Trudell.

10711147_1003061826385879_2856172640182293961_n.jpg
How long this takes time to play out can make a world of difference since destroying the Earth is not always realized if you have an assumption on how that's to look. People think "We have dominated the planet, so that means our practices are correct" when the truth is that the practices may simply be something that take time to play out for their destructiveness..

This is often done with Native Americans when it comes to others assuming their practices for development were somehow "inferior" to Europeans and that they needed to be "civilized"/made into people with the right to survive - when the truth is that Native Americans were not able to be dominant compared to Europeans (especially when it came to their care of the Earth) was not always a reflection of a lack of "civilization" as much as it was a very complicated set of dynamics that caused the effectiveness of their customs to be lost to time. Other historians have noted this same dynamic whenever it comes to superiority done by those of European descent in thinking they were better than Native Americans simply because they were ....despite the fact that it was Native Americans who helped them to survive the terrain/land and much of what happened had to do with environment. Have you ever heard of the work by Jarod Diamond?

gunsgermssteel.jpg

As an excerpt:
Why were Europeans the ones with all the cargo? Why had they taken over so much of the world, instead of the native people of New Guinea? How did Europeans end up with what Diamond terms the agents of conquest: guns, germs and steel? It was these agents of conquest that allowed 168 Spanish conquistadors to defeat an Imperial Inca army of 80,000 in 1532, and set a pattern of European conquest which would continue right up to the present day.

Diamond knew that the answer had little to do with ingenuity or individual skill. From his own experience in the jungles of New Guinea, he had observed that native hunter-gatherers were just as intelligent as people of European descent -- and far more resourceful. Their lives were tough, and it seemed a terrible paradox of history that these extraordinary people should be the conquered, and not the conquerors.

To examine the reasons for European success, Jared realized he had to peel back the layers of history and begin his search at a time of equality -- a time when all the peoples of the world lived in exactly the same way.

As mentioned before elsewhere:
Originally Posted by Gxg (G²)
The dynamic of looking to social circumstances shaped by nature is not something that has been done with the Reformation alone. Others have noted the same dynamic with regards to Imperialism when it came to others in differing religious groups being able to conquer on that basis. One excellent book on the issue to consider is Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies: Jared M. Diamond: 9780393317558: Amazon.com: Books. The work by Jared M.Diamond is truly excellent. Brought it up before elsewhere in discussion when talking about the interconnections between Fate/Chance...and Guns, germs, and steel truly does show a lot in regards to how others land up as they did. I originally came across it after seeing the series from "National Geographic" that I had to learn of/watch during an Anthropology class for college. It was a trip viewing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I know these protests are getting media attention, but change comes slowly.
Concerning practical ways of doing protest and addressing Indigenous concerns, I wanted to share the following resource that has been a huge blessing to me in my studies.

As noted there on the website:

Since 1984, Earth Island Institute’s Sacred Land Film Project has produced a variety of media and educational materials — films, videos, DVDs, articles, photographs, reports, school curricula materials and Web content — to deepen public understanding of sacred places, indigenous cultures and environmental justice. Our mission is to use film, journalism and education to rekindle reverence for land, increase respect for cultural diversity, stimulate dialogue about connections between nature and culture, and help protect sacred lands and diverse spiritual practices. For the last two decades we have focused on the production and distribution of documentary films, including In the Light of Reverence (2001), and our four-part series on sacred places around the world, Standing on Sacred Ground (2013). - See more at: Sacred Land Film Project » More Than a Film Project

For the places they have had resources on Native Americans, go here

For some of the resource videos that they have done:

Additionally, for an EXCELLENT documentary on the issue of Native American tribes who live near sacred sites which have been violated due to U.S Mining companies or U.S Corporations (from Colorado to Wyoming and other places), I would highly recommend investigating the film "In Light of Reverence" ( ). Was very glad for where the film documented the struggles of the Lakota in the Black Hills, the Hopi in Arizona and the Wintu in California to protect their sacred sites. Even though people have said "But why leave the land alone since that's a waste", I am glad for Native Americans noting the settler/colonial mindset that says things have to be used with a lot of development (regardless of its cost to the environment) in order for it to have value...( more here)

4310f7f9ee042b40955c8e40c8d2cce4.jpg

https://ndnmedia.wordpress.com/category/blockades-and-land-defense/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
His book is required reading in most AP World History courses.
It's a very excellent read and one I am glad for. Have you read it before?

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²), the last picture you posted is just absolutely breathtaking, IMHO. A'ho.
Glad it blessed you - it was cool considering how it was taken on sacred land areas and reflecting some of the religious symbolism of the Native Americans present :)

But their point on making the Bear Symbol as they did is one that was very timely. People have no idea how many areas are being polluted as they are. ...

And with the land they have been threatened by oil companies, it is timely they sought to speak out...as the Black Foot have been through..

im-sorry-brenda-lee-13-728.jpg

http://roundhousetalk.com/2014/10/27/blackfeet-urge-government-to-cancel-energy-leases/

One prominent example besides the area in Montana (Black Foot territory) that the protesters were fighting for is the area in the Navajo.

Southwest-map-c.jpg

Sad to see how that rural Navajo and Hopi families are negatively affected by pollution from coal-fired power plants, even though their concerns are not heard by decision-makers in their tribal capital or our nation’s capital.

And others have tried to find ways of aiding them - although the EPA has been blasted a lot in the process for the smog rule they set which others (including Apache groups) have said will not improve air quality whatsoever...

AZ+power+station+impact+area.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Speaking of protecting sacred land, I find it incredibly hypocritical and ironic to hear all the non-Native people exclaim that looting is wrong and they outright condemn it, but they seem to have forgetten that they are living in a country that is on stolen NDN and it was built upon slave labor and genocide. I am by no means justifying the violence and the looting that is going on right now, but it has become apparent to me that mainstream non-Native america has forgotten what real looting looks like.

11148553_367693510095075_3840649926594365128_n.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.