Native American Exile: Illegal Immigration Laws toward Mexico harm American Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For anyone interested,

6277471231_20ef3e77d1_z.jpg

Many have wondered on why there has been such a fuss over the issue of illegal immigration - and yet what's fascinating is that many have never chosen to see the issue as connected to things which the U.S has been guilty of and yet never really acknowledging.

Specifically, you do not hear of the U.S actively choosing to kick others out of the country who are Native Americans....but how often do you hear of others from Mexico (which is often discriminated against in the talks of immigration regulation) as described as Native Americans?

Many have pointed out that the Illegal Immigration issue is directly connected to the issue of Native Americans since the reality of the matter is that those often deemed illegal (such as Mexicans, for example) are simply called Hispanic when the reality is that their descent is actually from Native American groups (i.e. Incans, Mayans, etc.) and other groups that were in the Americans before European Colonialization. - and thankful for the solidarity between Hispanics and Native Americans when realizing common connections and how much Spanish culture itself involved the Native American dynamic - as the mixture of cultures happened and was often something the Spanish were very upset about - but Western Powers often try to divide groups among themselves, in the same way others tried to pitch Illegal Immigration and Immigration in general as harmful to Blacks even while they forgot on those who were Afro-Latino

And when considering the extensive history of Native American territory conquered, it is interesting to see how much the mindset was advocated that you had to change the way that you saw people on the maps you had of them in order to justify dismissing them. For reference, one can go here in How the West was lost by Native Americans and the organization known as Mexica Movement: Indigenous Liberation Through Education to or here in the following:

View attachment 134261

Last edited:

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is a very interesting thread. I will be watching it.
Cool to know...
May I ask what prompted you to start it? I am just curious.
The topic came to my mind a month ago after I was talking with my friend on the issue of Native Americans in the South American context (which many do not really think of often since everything is couched in terms of "Hispanic" or "Spanish" instead of the actual Indigenous groups who were present there) - and in another thread after that one where the subject of Native Americans protesting illegal immigration came up.

Additionally, there have been several excellent books I have had to go through for my class on Transcontinental focus in Graduate School - under the instruction of historian Jim Piecuch (of the Journal of the American Revolution) and it has been fascinating seeing the extensive ways that Native Americans were both sovereign nations whom the U.S. Colonials had to negotiate with - and yet were simultaneously Sovereign nations within the U.S (once the American Revolution was won) that were a threat to the colonies and thus they were gradually pushed out/had the treaties established with them to guard territory ignored - despite how much they were already present in the U.S (as seen here, if wishing to see a map showing their extensiveness in the land).

And for excellent reads on the subject that illustrate the ways that Native Americans themselves have been the ones shaping the course of the U.S (as some of it is interesting to consider when it comes to the extensive ways that Native American culture is not really seen as truly impacting SIGNIFICANT American events), one can consider reads such as "American Revolution in Indian Country" by Colin G. Calloway - as Calloway does an excellent job noting how the American Revolution was truly an Indian War (seeing how often the American Indians themselves
https://books.google.com/books?id=1...American Revolution was an Indian War&f=false

Other excellent reads by Calloway are works such as The Victory with No Name: The Native American Defeat of the First American Army and books such as NEW WORLDS FOR ALL: INDIANS, EUROPEANS, AND THE REMAKING OF EARLY AMERICA.

Additionally, other excellent reads I have in mind are ones such as Never Come to Peace Again: Pontiac's Uprising and the Fate of the British Empire in North America (Campaigns and Commanders Series) by historian David Dixon ...fascinating considering how often others do not consider the American Revolution beginning because of Proclamation Line which the British set up to honor Native American territories/keep a boundary in which there'd be no further intrusions and which enraged American colonists who were wanting more land out West - including others such as Washington, Jefferson and others.

Moreover, other excellent works that I have in mind are one's such as Warpaths: Invasions of North America
by Ian K. Steele and one detailing the largest successful multi-tribal rebellion of Native Americans in history (after the American Revolution), known as Tecumseh: A Life by John Sugden

And of course, outside of that, there's also information concerning the extensive ways in which Native Americans themselves helped out with significant events such as the Civil War (as noted before):

I do hope the resources do come in handy for anyone interested. Again, I only mention them due to the fact that those things have been on my mind for sometime when seeing the expansion of the U.S. and the many ways that Native Americans are not seen as critical in the development of the U.S. and also ignored when it is no longer necessary for them to remain - and when it comes to the Southwest and Western expansion, I cannot help but see Mexico and other territories which the U.S took since Native Americans were often pushed out West - and yet when territory was taken (as in the US-Mexican War ), they were often ignored in their struggles.....leading to a situation today where many still feel as if the U.S. already harms them by trying to get them out of their own territory (Or ignore where others were forced out of their territory into Mexico with other Native American tribes) and deny them their history when it comes to their Native American background.

For again, there's a big reason why many have pointed out that the US “Southwest” was stolen from Mexicans - and as another wisely pointed out (for brief excerpt):

Mexico gained independence from Spain in 1821 after ending years of war against colonial imposition and crimes by the Spanish invaders. The war left Mexico drained out which contributed to neglect its Northern territories known today as the United States “Southwest.” The original name of that land is Aztlan and Chicano descendants from the original inhabitants still use that name today.

While Mexico was at war with Spain, thousands of white colonists, cattleman, adventures, and mercenaries, were coming from other parts of North America that had been already invaded and occupied looking for land and gold they could find and obtain “by any means.” These mercenaries fixed their eyes and interest in what is today “Texas,” placed themselves in land plots, and later enlarged their population so that by 1835 there were more white foreigners than native Mexicans in the area. In 1836 the white foreigners occupied most of the territory by force, declared “independence” and called the stolen lands “Republic of Texas.” This bandit’s act caused the war between Mexico and the United States for the first time until the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was signed between the two countries on February 2, 1848. Mexico lost the land the whites called “Texas” but subsequently the rest of the Northern territories which eventually became part of the whole mass land known today as the US “Southwest.”

The land stolen from Mexico is bigger than Germany and France combined and considered to be among the riches in the world where an abundance of gold was found after the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was signed. The native Mexicans were forced to become US citizens or leave the area one year after the Treaty was signed. As a result of the invader’s laws, thousands of native Mexicans left but the great majority stayed and became citizens. Throughout the development of the so-called “Republic of Texas” the war against Mexicans was made of grave crimes. The well-known philosopher and historian Jose Vasconcelos wrote that one reason whites perpetrated horrible crimes against Mexicans, was because they believed in the concept known as “manifest destiny” which in practice meant to “kill all the Mexicans and take Mexico.” History has registered thousands of grotesque crimes against Mexicans in that part of the Native American Continent, but more outstanding for having similarities with the grave crimes by whites in Central and South America, are those related to the taken of men by force of arms out of their homes to be murdered, then the white killers would back to the homes and rape women and little girls, murder them, set the homes on fire, and kill all the animals.......The history in that part of the Native American Continent when in 1848 the North of Mexico became the “southwest” of the US gave an accumulation of racial, sentimental, political, and ideological elements that now form well-defined characteristics that should be manifested through transcending acts on behalf of the history of not only Mexico, but of Native America in general.
https://thetruthisfreedom.wordpress.com/2010/06/30/the-us-southwest-was-stolen-from-mexicans/

And for many Native Americans who came from the Mexico territory into the SouthWest (like the Hopi, in example), there was much damage done to them and still present. Many are not even aware, for example, on how it was the case that between 1500 and 1800, Spaniards and their Native allies captured hundreds of Apache Indians and members of neighboring groups from the Rio Grande River Basin and subjected them to a variety of fates, whether being bought and sold as captives/slaves, being exiled as prisoners of war to central Mexico and Cuba or forcibly moved to mines, towns, and haciendas as paid or unpaid laborers. Of course, the history of events is very much complicated and cannot be over-simplified:

As it is, it needs to be heard a lot more when it comes to properly addressing the issues as they are...especially in regards to resistance, as Michael Wilcox does an amazing job of doing when speaking of the Pueblo community and their resistance to the Spanish and their legacy

And with further resistance today, we have to keep in mind historical realities if we're to understand why some do not really care to be bothered with others who are not against all immigrating to the U.S. As another noted best long ago:

Honestly, The pictures say it all:

tumblr_m7tlrctiEV1r79ud5o1_400.jpg

1335539448940808.jpg

Homeland_Security.jpg

You live in a country that was founded by actions that are, by the standards of today's society, defined as illegal immigration. The vast majority of Americans can trace their heritage outside of the states, to Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Mexico, Asia, etc.
Gxg (G²);61722772 said:
[/quote]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Drop the guilt trip... I'm serious, Mexico's immigration laws are a lot stricter than US law, yet people only seem to be upset about US immigration law.

A country that is unwilling to enforce the sovereignty of its borders is a country that is unlikely to survive for much longer. I know some liberals would love for the United States to cease to exist, and my response to them is go move somewhere else.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Drop the guilt trip... I'm serious, Mexico's immigration laws are a lot stricter than US law, yet people only seem to be upset about US immigration law.

A country that is unwilling to enforce the sovereignty of its borders is a country that is unlikely to survive for much longer. I know some liberals would love for the United States to cease to exist, and my response to them is go move somewhere else.

True! True! But what did Nixon, Ford, Raegan (President Amnesty for Illegals), Bush #1 and Bush #2 do to secure up our borders? OH NOTHING! So, the Republicans are just as guilty of causing the death of this country as the all-powerful Obama.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single

Not anymore they are not. Mexico liberalized their immigration laws in 2011, in part to encourage the immigration of American retirees which has become a growing business in Latin America.

A country that is unwilling to enforce the sovereignty of its borders is a country that is unlikely to survive for much longer.

The sovereignty of our borders is not threatened. Mexico is not trying to take Texas back, honestly.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You would think that folks from other countries would be free to live on reservations in america at the discretion of the tribe that rules it, but I am not sure of how autonomous legally the reservations are from the US law of the land.

Of course I guess it would be illegal for them to having to cross american land to get to it.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
The sovereignty of our borders is not threatened. Mexico is not trying to take Texas back, honestly.

I live in Tejas, and honestly, I would not be on the American side of the issue. I guess these people who squawk the loudest against immigration from Mexico are afraid the Mexicans will try to take the land America rightfully stole. And if that were ever to happen, we can only hope and pray that the Mexico government doesn't treat the Americans like the United States government treated the American NDNs. So, word to the wise, whatever you do, don't accept any blankets from the Mexican government and hide your children.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
You would think that folks from other countries would be free to live on reservations in america at the discretion of the tribe that rules it, but I am not sure of how autonomous legally the reservations are from the US law of the land.

Of course I guess it would be illegal for them to having to cross american land to get to it.

If these people already live in third world conditions, moving to certain NDN reservations in the United States would not change their living conditions, especially if they were attempting to live on the Pine Ridge NDN Reservation in South Dakota, known among NDNs and to the United States government as Prisoner of War Camp #344.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you choose to come here legally and wait your turn in line go for it OTHERWISE you have NO right to be here.

As for Mexicans who CHOOSE to have Achtor babies they should be PUNISHED either by changing the law to make the babies also illegal, OR forcing them to choose between either taking the child or children back home with them ( with the right to return on their 18th birthday if they so choose OR giving them to United States system TOUGH choice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Mexico liberalized their immigration laws in 2011, in part to encourage the immigration of American retirees which has become a growing business in Latin America.
Indeed - and many thanks for pointing out that simple reality which is hard to ignore when actually seeing the facts.

True ..

Border Control has had others apologize to Native Americans on top of that when it comes to knowing how much sovereignty was established in the wrong way..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

In the same way that the Shawnees in the North had friendly relations with the other tribes in the South and had interaction with them, others in Southern areas like Mexico have connection with other tribes in the U.S. - but whereas before there was not a line set up or territory taken which others have still noted to be illegal in the way it occurred with the U.S gaining the Southwest, now a boundary is set up to divide - and for many, as the old saying goes, "We didn't cross over the border, the border crossed over us" and "We didn't cross over the border, you moved it!!"

People forget how in pre-1519, the U.S.-Mexico border region was inhabited by many Native American groups who have lived in the area for centuries.

There's a reason why there is such solidarity between Native Americans and those from Mexico as well as other territories far South when it comes to Native American culture and solidarity (as many people tend to assume that the immigrants crossing the US--Mexico border are all Mexican when the reality is that a large percentage of them come from Central America)...and many of the people immigrating are doing so because of the actions of the U.S. intervening in Central America and causing Diaspora.

But as it concerns others protesting here, there are indeed a variety of responses. Some are outright angry at what is going on

And for others, there is a focus on the ways that Immigration laws have resulted in others being wrongfully deported even after following all the rules for being a citizen and yet still falsely accused:

Of course, as it concerns immigration, there are others who have counter-perspectives when it comes to seeing what has happened historically...and others coming in did not respect the Indigenous groups present there already.

Additionally, many have pointed out the ways that Native Americans have been crucial in ensuring Border control success. As said best elsewhere (for brief excerpt):

Gary Edwards, CEO of the National Native American Law Enforcement Association, states that there are 25 tribal reservations located on and/or across the U.S. borders with Canada and Mexico and 41 tribal reservations are within 100 miles of those international U.S. borders. Since Native Americans are around a large part of our borders, they are, and should continue to be, a part of our border security initiatives.

Cooperation between the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Native Americans has already played a significant role in our boarder security, especially in remote areas where drug smugglers and citizens try to enter the U.S. illegally. Today, more than 22,000 Native Americans serve in the Armed Forces and have the highest per capita serving in the military of any ethnic group protecting the homeland.

Additionally, the "Shadow Wolves" are Native American trackers who are part of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Since 1972, the Shadow Wolves have been tracking aliens and drug smugglers attempting to cross the border by looking for footprints, tire tracks, items snagged on branches, bent or broken twigs or even a single fiber of cloth. Their patrol area covers 2.8 million acres and officers estimate that recently they have seized an average of 60,000 pounds of illegal drugs a year.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the DHS need to remember the dedication, skill set and strategic geographical intelligence that Native Americans bring to the mix. In order to create a lasting relationship that utilizes their knowledge and aptitude, tribes must have complete access to intelligence and information pertinent to border security.

And of course, things are difficult enough when many Native Americans have been kicked out of their tribes and reservations...

And for other Native Americans living on the Border, many are not aware on how difficult life is for them...as is the case with the Tohono O'odham Nation that feels caught in a war between border crosses and the U.S. Border Patrol...with Border Rules even impacting documents/passports Native Americans have and leaving them in Limbo..

Living on US-Mexico Border, Native Americans Face Daily Struggles - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²), I love the political memes you posted in your previous post. I have a lot of memes and political cartoons on this issue myself.
Cool to know and glad they connected. There are many others on the issue.

On a side note, I do hope others can begin to have understanding when it comes to seeing how much of a difference it makes in seeing people if choosing to actively not see Native Americans as connected with Border Control issues. What has happened to the Tohono O'odham Nation (both in having many wrongfully accused/deported and others who were harmed by Border control in the Southwest even as they were in U.S. territory on their reservation) - it is without excuse. But the same goes for ignoring the Indigenous roots of Mexicans and seeing why there is solidarity.

You will not often hear, for example, on how the US made new threats about the condemnation and seizure of Lipan Apache lands in Texas for the US/Mexico border wall (more shared here and here and here and here as seen in how Rachel St. John alked about the history of the western U.S.-Mexico border from the mid-19th century to the turn of the 20th century and how complicated it is) - or how many Mexicans were already present in California (Native Americans as well) before it was colonized and California as a state has the LARGEST history of Genocide of Native Americans known in the U.S (with others like California's Yuki Indians during the Gold Rush era) - consistent with the genoicidal history of the U.S. in general

For a brief presentation on the issue - some of it coming from MexicansAreNatives's channel :

Feb.2,2013 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo Discussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhsyKOqmwWM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Shx8q2P6nA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4t-5xhH3sM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dYAbz84edk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM34iMqW2Rw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trtsp0JxVlU

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Mexico liberalized their immigration laws in 2011, in part to encourage the immigration of American retirees which has become a growing business in Latin America.
Migration from Mexico has also stabilized and is not as extreme as many have tried to make it out to be...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Aryeh Jay said:
True! True! But what did Nixon, Ford, Raegan (President Amnesty for Illegals), Bush #1 and Bush #2 do to secure up our borders? OH NOTHING! So, the Republicans are just as guilty of causing the death of this country as the all-powerful Obama.

True that. Eisenhower did something, but otherwise the United States has been on this crash course since 1965. With bi-partisian support from the beginning.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would like to care about this important matter, but I have no idea what the important matter is.

I'm sure that it was nicely summed up halfway through the eighth video.
Respectfullly,

Native Americans are never a topic that are not important - or something that one has to search for a reason to have concern for.

If one says that they would like to care on a matter, they actually take time to do basics that show they care on the matter rather than doing otherwise. One can start from the topic of the OP, which notes rather plainly that Illegal Immigration Laws toward Mexico harm American Indians - and of course, from there, it was very specific as it concerns Mexicans as Native Americans and showing exactly how they have been harmed by immigration laws and others harmed as well - be it seeing howthe US made new threats about the condemnation and seizure of Lipan Apache lands in Texas for the US/Mexico border wall ..or what occurred with the Tohono O'odham Nation. It is not a complicated subject - if one actually takes the time to deal with the OP exactly as it was mentioned.

As said before in the OP:

Gxg (G²);67230367 said:
Many have pointed out that the Illegal Immigration issue is directly connected to the issue of Native Americans since the reality of the matter is that those often deemed illegal (such as Mexicans, for example) are simply called Hispanic when the reality is that their descent is actually from Native American groups (i.e. Incans, Mayans, etc.) and other groups that were in the Americans before European Colonialization. - and thankful for the solidarity between Hispanics and Native Americans when realizing common connections and how much Spanish culture itself involved the Native American dynamic - as the mixture of cultures happened and was often something the Spanish were very upset about - but Western Powers often try to divide groups among themselves, in the same way others tried to pitch Illegal Immigration and Immigration in general as harmful to Blacks even while they forgot on those who were Afro-Latino

And when considering the extensive history of Native American territory conquered, it is interesting to see how much the mindset was advocated that you had to change the way that you saw people on the maps you had of them in order to justify dismissing them. For reference, one can go here in How the West was lost by Native Americans and the organization known as Mexica Movement: Indigenous Liberation Through Education to or here in the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zHe7hPd8uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UceDW6UX20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_qtgy8GpcE

View attachment 134261

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.