USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow! This is so cool! We have an honest to God native American Indian on our forum. I never knew!

Renee, I saw where you said "My great grandfather was full blooded Cherokee and great grandma was full Creek. And my grandmother's twin sister died on the trail of tears."

Did you know your great grandfather? Did you hear some amazing stories growing up?

My several greats grandmother was separated from her family in the trail of tears when she was a little girl. A farm family raised her and she married their son. That's the only specific story we have in our family.

Do you have any interesting stories to tell?

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know that they were rancher's. And that Great Grandpa was crippled no knows why but I have an idea. He was called crippled Joe. His name was Joseph James Barnett. My granma was a little girl when they were forced to go on the trail. For privacy reasons I will not give her name. She had a twin sister Flora Mae. Flora died on the trails. And I am told that she is in the Cherokee roll books.

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We're taking our boys this summer to Durant, OK to the Choctaw Nations HQ. I have some Choctaw in me. Grandfather on mother's side was 1/8 Choctaw. My mother did some research, so we're taking our info to the geneology center in Durant to go over the records with them... and take a much needed couple of days off near Broken Bow Lake afterwards...

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We're taking our boys this summer to Durant, OK to the Choctaw Nations HQ. I have some Choctaw in me. Grandfather on mother's side was 1/8 Choctaw. My mother did some research, so we're taking our info to the geneology center in Durant to go over the records with them... and take a much needed couple of days off near Broken Bow Lake afterwards...
Cool I have been trying to register with the cherokee nation but the person with the papers needed (my sister) does not realize what she has and won't give them up long enough for me to copy them.

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the Native American museum in Anadarko Okla there is a huge picture of my great great grandfather he was a Bolyard and was a Heron from the west virgina area.
now that is cool having a relatives picture hanging in a museum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know that they were rancher's. And that Great Grandpa was crippled no knows why but I have an idea. He was called crippled Joe. His name was Joseph James Barnett. My granma was a little girl when they were forced to go on the trail. For privacy reasons I will not give her name. She had a twin sister Flora Mae. Flora died on the trails. And I am told that she is in the Cherokee roll books.

Are you aware of any of the ancient stories passed down from generation to generation.

I have heard several people talk about that some of the older generation remembers the stories from about 2000 years ago when they were visited by Jesus.:)

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you aware of any of the ancient stories passed down from generation to generation.

I have heard several people talk about that some of the older generation remembers the stories from about 2000 years ago when they were visited by Jesus.:)
The stories died with grandma unfortunetly. I know of nothing.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The stories died with grandma unfortunetly. I know of nothing.

That is unfortunate.

I would love to have the opportunity to sit down with a person who remembered them and talk to them with no time constraints.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I want to say something to the native Americans here. I feel like someone is mixing native American traditions and items that are demonic in nature with the things of God.

Folks that cannot be done. God will not be mocked you cannot serve two masters. Turn completly to God. Remove those demonic items and practices far from you. He is coming back very soon. And I want to see you in heaven.

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
Well, I'm glad I can worship Abba with the drum!! and to Jonathan Maracle Native style worship and Bill Miller, too!!
http://www.worshipmusic.com/jlmcd005.html
http://www.worshipmusic.com/jlmcd005.html
http://www.worshipmusic.com/jlmcd007.html

And I will honor Him with my flute playing and dancing, and under the beautiful pine trees and with the beautiful hummingbirds and lightning bugs and red birds and blue birds, butterflies, deer, and---hopefully later this summer with Moose and Bear in the Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, and find awesome beautiful jasper, obsidian, and other stones in Oregon!!! and make my pine needle and sweetgrass baskets and wirewrap some arrowheads, and make some funny looking gourd masks!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.