Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

How many modern Christians will attend the consecration of the altar for a rebuilt Jewish temple?

See the link below from WND

Nations invited to consecration of altar for 3rd Temple - WND - WND

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
2Jn 1:11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Phil.Stein

Oct 28, 2018
Texas City
✟20,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
interesting. it certainly didn't go well for julian the apostate when he tried to rebuild the temple. is it prophesized to be rebuilt?
It was not the right time.
And yes it is prophesied.

• Informative
Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a good thing.

I hope they all will have representatives in attendance.

Construction of the third temple began during the first century.
I have personally seen and handled some of the stones in that temple.
I also know the location of the "chief cornerstone" of that temple.

The third temple is described by Peter in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

Upvote 0

Phil.Stein

Oct 28, 2018
Texas City
✟20,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Dr. Jimmy DeYoung is a Dispensationalist who seems to believe that the rebuilding of a Jewish temple in Jerusalem is a good thing, in the video below.

He is promoting a form of Dual Covenant Theology, which is based on race.
but in bible times, didn't anyone who didn't have a record of their geneology in the temple gets classified as a samaritan? so without such records, how can there be a dual covenant (even if any man other than God were able to keep the law, which no man can)?

also, is there a reason that God would allow the temple to rebuilt now, rather than in julian the apostate's time?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but in bible times, didn't anyone who didn't have a record of their geneology in the temple gets classified as a samaritan? so without such records, how can there be a dual covenant (even if any man other than God were able to keep the law, which no man can)?

also, is there a reason that God would allow the temple to rebuilt now, rather than in julian the apostate's time?

You are correct.
Dual Covenant Theology is a false doctrine, in direct violation of Paul's instructions in Galatians 1:6-9.

Pastor John Hagee, who is now one of the most famous preachers in the United States, is a promoter of the doctrine.

He has stated that witnessing to Jews is a waste of time...

Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How many modern Christians will attend the consecration of the altar for a rebuilt Jewish temple?

See the link below from WND

Nations invited to consecration of altar for 3rd Temple - WND - WND

Interesting. First I heard they had a Sanhedrin......they were used to try Jesus and Paul and other followers of Christ in the NT......

"The newly re-created Sanhedrin in Israel is planning a ceremony to consecrate a stone altar prepared for use in the Third Temple, and it has released a declaration intended to be an invitation for other nations to participate in the Temple “and to receive its blessings.”

Beware the Sanhedrins!

Mat 10:17
Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the Sanhedrins
and be flogged in the synagogues.

Mat 23:34
Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers.
Some of them you will kill and crucify;
others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town.
Mark 13:9
“You must be on your guard. You will be handed over to sanhedrins
and flogged in the synagogues.
On account of me you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them.
Luke 21:12
“But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you.
They will hand you over to synagogues and put you in prison, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name.

Jesus and Paul both were tried by the Sanhedrin:

John 11:47
Then the chief priests and the Pharisees called a meeting of the Sanhedrin. “What are we accomplishing?” they asked. “Here is this Man performing many signs.

Act 5:21
And when they heard that, they entered the temple early in the morning and taught. But the high priest and those with him came and called the Sanhedrin together, with all the elders of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison to have them brought.
Act 23:6
Then Paul, knowing that some of them were Sadducees and the others Pharisees, called out in the Sanhedrin, “My brothers, I am a Pharisee, descended from Pharisees. I stand on trial because of the hope of the resurrection of the dead.”

Sanhedrin - Wikipedia

Herodian and early Roman rule
The first historic mention of a Synhedrion (Greek: Συνέδριον) occurs in the Psalms of Solomon (XVII:49), a Jewish religious book written in Greek.

A Synhedrion is mentioned 22 times in the Greek New Testament, including in the Gospels in relation to the trial of Jesus, and in the Acts of the Apostles, which mentions a ″Great Synhedrion″ in chapter 5 where rabbi Gamaliel appeared, and also in chapter 7 in relation to the stoning death of Saint Stephen.

The Talmud tractate Sanhedrin (IV:2) states that the Sanhedrin was to be recruited from the following sources: former High Priests, representatives of the 24 priestly castes, scribes, doctors of the law, and representatives of the most prominent families (those whose daughters were allowed to marry priests).

In the Second Temple period, the Great Sanhedrin met in the Hall of Hewn Stones in the Temple in Jerusalem. The court convened every day except festivals and the sabbath day (Shabbat).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phil.Stein

Oct 28, 2018
Texas City
✟20,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You are correct.
Dual Covenant Theology is a false doctrine, in direct violation of Paul's instructions in Galatians 1:6-9.

Pastor John Hagee, who is now one of the most famous preachers in the United States, is a promoter of the doctrine.

ah. i remember this guy from years ago. he was a heretic then, but probably moreso now.

often, witnessing to jews does seem a waste of time (but not for the reasons hagee thinks). also, its not for us to decide what is and what is not a waste of time - God has commanded the good news to be preached to all people, jews included.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"The newly re-created Sanhedrin in Israel is planning a ceremony to consecrate a stone altar...

By What authority did they "re-create" themselves I wonder?... they have no genealogical records to prove who they are and they do not Follow Moses nor do they Practice Biblical Judaism or follow the Law at all... They just decided to call themselves that I suppose?

Is God required to Honor their proclamation?

If so, that seems like a Pretty good deal..

So If I simply call myself the newly recreated Wilt Chamberlain, would the 76'ers have to accept me as their starting center??

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was not the right time.
And yes it is prophesied.

This was about much more than just bad timing.

It was an unmitigated outpouring of Divine Wrath.

Planning to attend the "consecration" or participate in a rebuild?

Might want to reconsider.

I'm stocked up on popcorn.

Sozomen (ca. A.D.375-447)
"Ecclesiastical History"
Book V, Chapter XXII

Though the emperor [Julian the Apostate] hated and opressed the Christians, he manifested benevolence and humanity towards the Jews. He wrote to the Jewish patriarchs and leaders, as well as to the people, requesting them to pray for him, and for the prosperity of the empire. In taking this step he was not actuated, I am convinced, by any respect for their religion; for he was aware that it is, so to speak, the mother of the Christian religion, and he knew that both religions rest upon the authority of the patriarchs and the prophets; but he thought to grieve the Christians by favoring the Jews, who are their most inveterate enemies. But perhaps he also calculated upon persuading the Jews to embrace paganism and sacrifices; for they were only acquainted with the mere letter of Scripture, and could not, like the Christians and a few of the wisest among the Hebrews, discern the hidden meaning.

Events proved that this was his real motive; for he sent for some of the chiefs of the race and exhorted them to return to the observance of the laws of Moses and the customs of their fathers. On their replying that because the temple in Jerusalem was overturned, it was neither lawful nor ancestral to do this in another place than the metropolis out of which they had been cast, he gave them public money, commanded them to rebuild the temple, and to practice the cult similar to that of their ancestors, by sacrificing after the ancient way. The Jews entered upon the undertaking, without reflecting that, according to the prediction of the holy prophets, it could not be accomplished. They sought for the most skillful artisans, collected materials, cleared the ground, and entered so earnestly upon the task, that even the women carried heaps of earth, and brought their necklaces and other female ornaments towards defraying the expense. The emperor, the other pagans, and all the Jews, regarded every other undertaking as secondary in importance to this. Although the pagans were not well-disposed towards the Jews, yet they assisted them in this enterprise, because they reckoned upon its ultimate success, and hoped by this means to falsify the prophecies of Christ. Besides this motive, the Jews themselves were impelled by the consideration that the time had arrived for rebuilding their temple. When they had removed the ruins of the former building, they dug up the ground and cleared away its foundation; it is said that on the following day when they were about to lay the first foundation, a great earthquake occurred, and by the violent agitation of the earth, stones were thrown up from the depths, by which those of the Jews who were engaged in the work were wounded, as likewise those who were merely looking on. The houses and public porticos, near the site of the temple, in which they had diverted themselves, were suddenly thrown down; many were caught thereby, some perished immediately, others were found half dead and mutilated of hands or legs, others were injured in other parts of the body. When God caused the earthquake to cease, the workmen who survived again returned to their task, partly because such was the edict of the emperor, and partly because they were themselves interested in the undertaking. Men often, in endeavoring to gratify their own passions, seek what is injurious to them, reject what would be truly advantageous, and are deluded-by the idea that nothing is really useful except what is agreeable to them. When once led astray by this error, they are no longer able to act in a manner conducive to their own interests, or to take warning by the calamities which are visited upon them.

The Jews, I believe, were just in this state; for, instead of regarding this unexpected earthquake as a manifest indication that God was opposed to the re-erection of their temple, they proceeded to recommence the work. But all parties relate, that they had scarcely returned to the undertaking, when fire burst suddenly from the foundations of the temple, and consumed several of the workmen.

This fact is fearlessly stated, and believed by all; the only discrepancy in the narrative is that some maintain that flame burst from the interior of the temple, as the workmen were striving to force an entrance, while others say that the fire proceeded directly from the earth. In whichever way the phenomenon might have occurred, it is equally wonderful. A more tangible and still more extraordinary prodigy ensued; suddenly the sign of the cross appeared spontaneously on the garments of the persons engaged in the undertaking. These crosses were disposed like stars, and appeared the work of art. Many were hence led to confess that Christ is God, and that the rebuilding of the temple was not pleasing to Him; others presented themselves in the church, were initiated, and besought Christ, with hymns and supplications, to pardon their transgression. If any one does not feel disposed to believe my narrative, let him go and be convinced by those who heard the facts I have related from the eyewitnesses of them, for they are still alive. Let him inquire, also, of the Jews and pagans who left the work in an incomplete state, or who, to speak more accurately, were able to commence it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This was about much more than just bad timing.

It was an unmitigated outpouring of Divine Wrath.

Planning to attend the "consecration" or participate in a rebuild?

Might want to reconsider.

I'm stocked up on popcorn.

Titus was so awed by the magnificence of the Temple he actually wanted to save it.
But God had already intended it to be razed to the ground.

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The Jews, anxious above all things to save that sacred edifice, in which they superstitiously trusted for security , with a dreadful outcry, rushed in to extinguish the flames. Titus also, being extinguish the conflagration, hastened to the spot in his chariot, attended by his principal officers and legions ; but in vain he waved his hand and raised his voice, commanding his soldiers to extinguish the fire; so great was the uproar and confusion, that no attention was paid even to him.
The Romans, wilfully deaf instead of extinguishing the flames, spread them wider and wider.

Finding it impossible to restrain the impetuosity and cruelty of his soldiers, the Commander in chief proceeded, with some of his superior officers, to take a survey of those parts of the edifice which were still uninjured by the conflagration.
had not, at this time, reached the inner Temple, which Titus entered, and viewed with silent admiration. Struck with the magnificence of its architecture, and the beauty of its decorations, which even surpassed the report of fame concerning them ; and perceiving that the sanctuary had not yet caught fire, he redoubled his efforts to stop the progress of the flames.

The Temple now presented little more than a heap of ruins

Before their final demolition, however, Titus took, a. survey of the city and its fortifications ; and, while contemplating their impregnable strength, could not help ascribing his success to the peculiar interposition of the ALMIGHTY HIMSELF. "Had not God himself (exclaimed he) aided out operations, and driven the Jews from their fortresses, it would have been absolutely impossible to have taken them ; for what could men, and the force of engines, have done against such towers as these ?" After this he commanded that the city should be commanded razed to its foundations,..........
============================================='

Titus actually attributed his victory to God [according to Josephus]!

That got me to thinking that IF 70ad Jerusalem is that great City/Harlot in Revelation, then those 10 kings must be representing the gentile nations coming against it, including the Romans

Also note Revel 17:17 where God is actually sending them........

Acts 1:6 Restore Kingdom to Israel/10 KINGS One Mind Reve 17

Revelation 17:
12 And the ten horns which you saw, ten kings are, who any a-Kingdom not-yet received, but authority as kings, one hour they are receiving with the beast,
13 These one mind are having, and the power and authority of them to the beast they are giving.
16 And the ten horns which you perceived, and the beast, these shall be hating the harlot, and having been desolated, they shall be making her, and naked. And the fleshes of her they shall be eating, and her they shall be burning down in fire.

17 For the God gives into the hearts of them to do the mind of Him, and to do/make one mind,
and to give the Kingdom of them to the beast until shall be being finished the Words of the God.

Jeremiah 1:15
For behold, I am calling All the families of the kingdoms of the north,” says the LORD;
“They shall come and each one set his throne At the entrance of the gates of Jerusalem, Against all its walls all around,
And against all the cities of Judah.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Although the pagans were not well-disposed towards the Jews, yet they assisted them in this enterprise, because they reckoned upon its ultimate success, and hoped by this means to falsify the prophecies of Christ.

Now, why on earth would ANY Christian lend their support to the task of attempting to falsify the prophecies of Christ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now, why on earth would ANY Christian lend their support to the task of attempting to falsify the prophecies of Christ?
"Christian Zionist": More Zionist than Christian.

Zionist first, Christian second.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Construction of the third temple began during the first century.
I have personally seen and handled some of the stones in that temple.
I also know the location of the "chief cornerstone" of that temple.

The third temple is described by Peter in 1 Peter 2:4-10.
:oldthumbsup:
Lost4words said:
No 3rd Temple as Jesus was that.

No scarifice as Jesus did that
:amen:
Yow beauty! Yes the 1st Temple was destroyed, the 2nd destroyed, the 3rd is alive!
:liturgy:
Yes indeed!
The Jews still have to build a Sanctuary/Tabernacle inside the Temple, containing the holy place and most holy place for the Priests to enter.
As far as I can see, Luke 1 is about the only place in the NT where it actually shows a priest doing service inside the Sanctuary, that priest being the father of John the Baptist:

Luke 1:9
according to the custom of the priesthood, his lot was to make perfume, having gone into the Sanctuary<3485> of the Lord,

The same amount of years the Jews say it took to build the Sanctuary/Temple is the same amount of times #3485 is used in the NT. I thought that was interesting:

G3485 (YLT)
G3485 matches the Greek ναός (naos), occurs 46 times in 40 verses.

John 2
19 Jesus answered and said to them, 'Destroy this Sanctuary<3485>, and in three days I will raise it up.'
20 The Jews, therefore, said, 'Forty and six years was this Sanctuary building, and wilt thou in three days raise it up?'

Matthew 26:61
said, 'This one said, I am able to throw down the Sanctuary of God, and after three days to build it.'
Mark 14:58
'We heard him saying -- I will throw down this Sanctuary made with hands, and by three days, another made without hands I will build;'
Luke 23:45
and the sun was darkened, and the veil of the Sanctuary was rent in the midst,

The same exact form of the word used for Sanctuary<3485> in those verses is used in only 3 verses of Revelation:

G3485 (YLT)
G3485 ναός ναὸν — 12x

Revelation 11:1
And was given to me a reed like-as rod saying "rouse! and measure! the Sanctuary<3485> of the God and the Altar[Golden Altar] and those worshiping in it

Revelation 15:8
and filled was the Sanctuary with smoke from the glory of God, and from His power,
and no one was able to enter into the Sanctuary till the seven plagues of the seven messengers may be finished.
Revelation 21:22
And a Sanctuary I did not see in it,
for the Lord God, the Almighty, is its Sanctuary, and the Lamb,

New House New Stones
John in a symbolic Tabernacle in Revelation 1:10-13

Studies In The Scriptures - Tabernacle Shadows - Chapter 1
The Camp--The Gate--
The Court--The Bronze Altar--The Water Laver
The Tabernacle--
The First Veil--
The Table--The Lampstand--The Golden Altar--
The Second Veil
The Mercy Seat and Ark--
The Significance of These and Their Antitypes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You are correct.

ah. i remember this guy from years ago. he was a heretic then, but probably moreso now.

often, witnessing to jews does seem a waste of time (but not for the reasons hagee thinks). also, its not for us to decide what is and what is not a waste of time - God has commanded the good news to be preached to all people, jews included.
There was also a big controversy concerning Joel Osteen and his remarks on a Larry King Live segment where he waffled on whether Jesus was or wasn't the only way to Heaven........

Upvote 0