National Revival

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What are the essential conditions for National Revival? Is it reasonable to talk of revival in terms of nations in the modern interconnected globalised world?

Good questions . May I add one ? What percentage of a nation's citizens need to be revived before one can correctly say that it is a "national" revival ?

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good questions . May I add one ? What percentage of a nation's citizens need to be revived before one can correctly say that it is a "national" revival ?

Furthermore...how does one define "revived"? As a believer in Yeshua and in his Father Yahweh...can I be revived? Can my pagan next door neighbor be revived?

CC

Upvote 0

Magentic

Apr 29, 2007
✟8,307.00
Faith
Christian
The Medes and Purds are on top of their game :D

mlyn585l.jpg

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Furthermore...how does one define "revived"? As a believer in Yeshua and in his Father Yahweh...can I be revived? Can my pagan next door neighbor be revived?

CC

The whole idea of "revival" assumes that the area ( or nation ) was once alive in the first place .

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heres revived in scriptures seen both ways

Romans 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

anazaō

1) live again, recover life
a) to be restored to a correct life
1) of one who returns to a better moral state
b) to revive, regain strength and vigour

Luke 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Upvote 0

lighthouse_hope

Dec 31, 2009
✟8,860.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

The very day Christians forget about numbers, figures, stats and definitions of revival there would be a revival.

Upvote 0

Tsujido

Jun 16, 2010
✟15,151.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Minor point, a spiritual revival happens amongst existing believers, the effect of this is that people who were previously non-believers will turn to Christ as a result of the revived believers living out their faith.

As to the OP, look at revivals that have happened in the past such as Northampton and we see that God's word is always central to it, look at the results of people like Jonathan Edwards and Charles Spurgeon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums