National Review: Donald's endgame is a disgrace.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Trump Election Fraud Allegations Disgraceful Endgame to 2020 Reelection Effort | National Review

There are legitimate issues to consider after the 2020 vote about the security of mail-in ballots and the process of counting votes (some jurisdictions, bizarrely, take weeks to complete their initial count), but make no mistake: The chief driver of the post-election contention of the past several weeks is the petulant refusal of one man to accept the verdict of the American people. The Trump team (and much of the GOP) is working backwards, desperately trying to find something, anything to support the president’s aggrieved feelings, rather than objectively considering the evidence and reacting as warranted.

Ouch.

Thoughts?

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Despite intentions, it is well within his right. I am happy the safe guards are in place,and the courts are doing a good job. I do believe there is voter fraud going on. I do not believe that there is enough time to put together the evidence needed. I accept Biden will be president. God can use him too. And maybe with a different personality, a bit more unity can come back. But I do believe President Trump was never given a rightful chance. He has accomplished a lot of good things in the past 4 years, and media does not recognize it.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
  • Friendly
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟891,605.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I would almost be touched by the Bipartisanship, Democrats and Republicans (Never Trumpers) singing Kumbaya together. Except doing so means ignoring and rationalizing away all the blatant signs of election fraud which is the real disgrace!

Odd how the courts keep missing these "blatant" signs. How do you explain the complete lack of progress on that front?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How do you prove election fraud? You go back and recount. They’ve done that . There was no fraud . Trump just wants to turn people into flying monkeys who will do Trump’s bidding by continually repeating his lies . Even this respected conservative paper has said that trump’s behavior around this is disgraceful. Which is what liberals and independents have been saying all along

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump just want to turn people into flying monkeys who will do trumps bidding by continually repeating his lies .

Seems to be working.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems to be working.
While the news media (of all flavors) quite naturally emphasize disagreements/conflicts, in reality Americans are not nearly as divided as may seem in most news reports. (In other words, for example, I think the efforts of Putin's Internet Research Agency trying to stir conflict in America will be really not much more of effect in the long run than pebbles tossed into a pond, a few ripples for a while, and then every sign of the splashes gone.) Now, I'm not saying the future is known ahead of time though. One learns looking at history that a nation can at times in its history turn south in a big way, such as happened in Germany from 1919 through 1944, or in the U.S. leading slowly into the civil war of the 1860s. But at the moment, I'm guessing that's not the likely path of America, though of course it bears watching.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟990,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do you prove election fraud? You go back and recount. They’ve done that . There was no fraud . Trump just wants to turn people into flying monkeys who will do Trump’s bidding by continually repeating his lies . Even this respected conservative paper has said that trump’s behavior around this is disgraceful. Which is what liberals and independents have been saying all along
The DP had 4 years to get their program together. Remember they have tried to get rid of Trump almost from day one.
I believe there is/was fraud I'm not a flying monkey I believe what my eyes tell me. At Biden's campaigns there were small crowds, one time an empty field. At Trump's campaigns hundreds, thousands. How does that get reversed at the ballot box?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The DP had 4 years to get their program together. Remember they have tried to get rid of Trump almost from day one.
I believe there is/was fraud I'm not a flying monkey I believe what my eyes tell me. At Biden's campaigns there were small crowds, one time an empty field. At Trump's campaigns hundreds, thousands. How does that get reversed at the ballot box?
Democrats have been more likely (a higher portion of them) to be cautious to follow the public health guidelines. The guidelines given by such as by the public health officials of the Trump administration, and also locally in states, that people not gather in large crowds close together. That they not do so. Therefore most democrats avoided that. See? It's an error to guess that means they didn't care enough to vote early or by mail. The lines to vote were early and long and intense, across the nation. There were a lot of democrats showing up in those lines, including huge numbers that were first time or long-time-since-having-voted voters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I would almost be touched by the Bipartisanship, Democrats and Republicans (Never Trumpers) singing Kumbaya together. Except doing so means ignoring and rationalizing away all the blatant signs of election fraud which is the real disgrace!

And those "blatant signs of election fraud" are?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

By people exercising their Constitutional right to vote. Simple, obvious, and logical.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟308,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The number of people in a field is not a count of people that will show up at a ballot box. It is a representation of the energy level of individual voters, but that doesn't change the number of votes.

Add to the equation the pandemic warnings and that one side was more likely to follow the guidelines than the other, and the number of people showing up in a field to cheer a candidate is not an accurate way to predict the number of votes.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,167,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Maybe, maybe not. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.
At what point will you consider this to have happened?
When 270 electoral votes are certified for Biden?
When those 270 or more votes are cast on the 14th?
When he takes the oath of office?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟550,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Despite intentions, it is well within his right. I am happy the safe guards are in place,and the courts are doing a good job. I do believe there is voter fraud going on. I do not believe that there is enough time to put together the evidence needed. I accept Biden will be president. God can use him too. And maybe with a different personality, a bit more unity can come back. But I do believe President Trump was never given a rightful chance. He has accomplished a lot of good things in the past 4 years, and media does not recognize it.
I don’t want to argue over the point or debate you on it but I’d just like to know what you might consider to be his biggest accomplishment while in office, if you don’t mind sharing.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don’t want to argue over the point or debate you on it but I’d just like to know what you might consider to be his biggest accomplishment while in office, if you don’t mind sharing.

Israel is the first thing that comes to mind. No other president has shown support for Israel as President Trump has.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟930,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Israel is the first thing that comes to mind. No other president has shown support for Israel as President Trump has.

Do you somehow think his support of Israel will hasten the coming of the Kingdom of God? Or why do you think this is important?

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟370,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
At what point will you consider this to have happened?
When 270 electoral votes are certified for Biden?
When those 270 or more votes are cast on the 14th?
When he takes the oath of office?

To the hard-core Trump true believers, the election will never be over. Like their master, they are psychologically incapable of admitting defeat. Joe Biden will always be the President-pretender.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟550,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
At Biden's campaigns there were small crowds, one time an empty field. At Trump's campaigns hundreds, thousands. How does that get reversed at the ballot box?
You are aware the Democrats’ entire message this year has been centered around Trump’s blatant irresponsibility concerning the pandemic, right? And that Trump’s massive, packed crowds only underlined that message of irresponsibility? I can only use myself as an example but I’ve never been to a rally for any candidate ever and there has not been not one election I haven’t voted in since I turned 18 over 12 years ago. The fact that so many thousands came out to packed and crowded, maskless events in the middle of the worst public health crisis in a century is only evidence of the fervent support Trump supporters have for their leader. The people who voted for Biden (not all of them can rightly be called Biden supporters, many only settled for him) simply do not have that level of deranged, undying commitment to one man. There’s a term for people with that level of commitment to a single cause or person but I won’t use it because it tends to upset people when they hear it. Needless to say, big crowded events don’t necessarily translate into widespread support for an irresponsible president.

Upvote 0