Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I am signed up for National Novel Writing Month. I will be writing Tolkien fan fiction about a Noldor Elf named Luinilote.
Sounds great, @Bluerose31. I've been working on a novel for a bit. So far, I have around 36,000 words. It's a bit of current events, technology, and Christianity mix.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Reactions: Bluerose31
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sounds great, @Bluerose31. I've been working on a novel for a bit. So far, I have around 36,000 words. It's a bit of current events, technology, and Christianity mix.

Interesting indeed!

If you want somebody to proof read what you have so far..... i have to warn you that I would be thinking to myself, "I wonder can HereIStand's book, fit in with what I have in mind??????

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting indeed!

If you want somebody to proof read what you have so far..... i have to warn you that I would be thinking to myself, "I wonder can HereIStand's book, fit in with what I have in mind??????
I posted a summary of my story in writers guild. Here is the link. You are welcome to proof read it :)
A summary of my story: Pale Blue Skies

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I posted a summary of my story in writers guild. Here is the link. You are welcome to proof read it :)
A summary of my story: Pale Blue Skies

I have to run to work in a bit but from the beginning I am curious if you would say that you are hoping that your book will help to prepare your readers for a very different world.... such as shown to former Atheist Howard Storm during his near death experience?

Reverend Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

The future that they showed me was almost no technology at all. What everybody, absolutely everybody, in this euphoric future spent most of their time doing was raising children. The chief concern of people was children, and everybody considered children to be the most precious commodity in the world.

And when a person became an adult, there was no sense of anxiety, nor hatred, nor competition.

There was this enormous sense of trust and mutual respect. If a person, in this view of the future, became disturbed, then the community of people all cared about the disturbed person falling away from the harmony of the group. Spiritually, through prayer and love, the others would elevate the afflicted person.

What people did with the rest of their time was that they gardened, with almost no physical effort. They showed me that plants, with prayer, would produce huge fruits and vegetables.

People, in unison, could control the climate of the planet through prayer. Everybody would work with mutual trust and the people would call the rain, when needed, and the sun to shine.

Animals lived with people, in harmony.

People, in this best of all worlds, weren't interested in knowledge; they were interested in wisdom. This was because they were in a position where anything they needed to know, in the knowledge category, they could receive simply through prayer. Everything, to them, was solvable. They could do anything they wanted to do.

In this future, people had no wanderlust, because they could, spiritually, communicate with everyone else in the world. There was no need to go elsewhere. They were so engrossed with where they were and the people around them that they didn't have to go on vacation. Vacation from what? They were completely fulfilled and happy." (Howard Storm, My Descent Into Death)

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have to run to work in a bit but from the beginning I am curious if you would say that you are hoping that your book will help to prepare your readers for a very different world.... such as shown to former Atheist Howard Storm during his near death experience?

Reverend Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience
Yes, I am hoping my book would prepare my readers for a world without evil. How beautiful will that be :)

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

Sukhovey

Tallest Short Person
Nov 14, 2017
Ontario
✟15,515.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Mine is two since the first didn't need to be more then a short story (about teenagers getting magic powers and going nuts and like seeing the error of their greed) the second one is just dungeons and dragon stories I've played.
Weird fact my D&D character is the only one who is married.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums