Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having different policies on modesty is not sexist.
I don't know if you know what sexist means. Two cultures having different perspectives on "modesty" isn't sexist. It's only sexist if the culture discriminates based on gender, on the same topic, in the same context.

For example, if someone was to say it's okay for a man to be topless, but wrong for a woman to be topless (discrimination of women). This is blatant sexism... pointing to culture to try and disprove this is silly, all you have done is prove that the culture itself is sexist. Not disprove sexism.

• Haha
Reactions: Mccleary
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if you know what sexist means. Two cultures having different perspectives on "modesty" isn't sexist. It's only sexist if the culture discriminates based on gender, on the same topic, in the same context.

For example, if someone was to say it's okay for a man to be topless, but wrong for a woman to be topless (discrimination of women). This is blatant sexism... pointing to culture to try and disprove this is silly, all you have done is prove that the culture itself is sexist. Not disprove sexism.

It is not sexism. Can you honestly imagine (in a state where it is legal) Christian girls dressing topless at a beach? That is just obscene and not appropriate. It's wrong for the same reason showing genitals is wrong-after the Fall we know certain areas are private.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not sexism. Can you honestly imagine (in a state where it is legal) Christian girls dressing topless at a beach? That is just obscene and not appropriate. It's wrong for the same reason showing genitals is wrong-after the Fall we know certain areas are private.
I can imagine, because I don't idolize breasts. Like I said, my wife has gone topless at the beach several times... big whoop.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is it almost culturally universal that the female breast is considered nudity?
Why do you keep thinking I care if others think it's nudity? Of course it's "nudity", I never said it wasn't. Just as it's "nudity" for me to be topless.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I can imagine, because I don't idolize breasts. Like I said, my wife has gone topless at the beach several times... big whoop.

Speaking Sound Doctrine - Immodest and Indecent Dress - A biblical study of the attire befitting a Christian

They're not as open as they think, or they would not make such a big deal of their nude beaches and parks when Westerners come to visit. It is not that they are less "up-tight" but that they have lower moral standards.

The fact is, young ladies, you should hear how men talk to each other about what they see at the beach and swimming pools.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not the chest though like it does with women.
It says "His body is a work of ivory covert with sapphires." That would include the male chest.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,344.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It says "His body is a work of ivory covert with sapphires." That would include the male chest.
So then it is an either or proposition. We should all be covered from head to toe or run around naked. That's the logical conclusion to you supposition.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So then it is an either or proposition. We should all be covered from head to toe or run around naked. That's the logical conclusion to you supposition.
What "supposition?" I was simply quoting scripture, Song of Songs Chapter 5. And I have said multiple times that we are not talking about complete nudity in this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,344.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What "supposition?" I was simply quoting scripture, Song of Songs Chapter 5. And I have said multiple times that we are not talking about complete nudity in this thread.

Then why did you quote scripture. What was your point? You've been arguing all along for bare breasted women have you not? Using the comparison between man and women. If a man can so can a woman. So do you believe that men should also be covered up or does your argument only go one way? Where do you really stand?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Then why did you quote scripture. What was your point? You've been arguing all along for bare breasted women have you not? Using the comparison between man and women. If a man can so can a woman. So do you believe that men should also be covered up or does your argument only go one way? Where do you really stand?
Before you make comments like this, perhaps you should try reading the thread. Superhero Sam stated that scripture does not reference the male chest. I pointed out that it did. And no, I havecsaid throughout this thread that either men should be required to cover up (as was once the law) or everyone should be allowed to go topless. Since, as I have said, I don't think men will agree to stop going topless then women should have the right to go topless. Take the time to read what is actually said! Oh and for the record I have not be arguing "for bear breasted women." I have been arguing for women to have the right to go topless. Whether they do so or not is there choice.

Reactions: Tetra
Upvote 0