National Go Topless Day

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Evidence that female breasts are to be kept private except between a husband and wife?

Why did God make woman?

Human females are the only mammals whose breasts stay large (relatively speaking) even when not pregnant or nursing. Most other female mammals only have protruding breasts when they are filled with milk for nursing; human female breasts, however, are mostly filled with fat. The human female breasts always being present serves God’s intended design for them to be a place of comfort for children as well as a place of comfort and sexual pleasure for husbands.

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Actually isn't it the left that paints all men as beasts and rapists? It's not Christians. What Christians are concerned with is propriety. And yes bare breasted women can tempt men to lust in our culture. Why do we have nudy magazines? So men can oogle at women's breasts. The Bible does speak about not causing your brother to stumble. We do HAVE to recognize biblically that we do bare (pump not intended) some responsibility for our brother not to do things or present things that would cause him or her to sin.
" Why do we have nudy magazines? So men can oogle at women's breasts." Because men in our culture are so unaccustomed to seeing them that it becomes scandalous. WOmen have also been known to ogle men. IN fact both men and women objectify each other when fully dressed.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
" Why do we have nudy magazines? So men can oogle at women's breasts." Because men in our culture are so unaccustomed to seeing them that it becomes scandalous. WOmen have also been known to ogle men. IN fact both men and women objectify each other when fully dressed.

Even in Europe people arent as liberal with immodesty as people think they are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You are using truth to justify the error of public immodesty.
1 Timothy 2:9 is clear: "And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes." The reference is to overdressing.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
1 Timothy 2:9 is clear: "And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes." The reference is to overdressing.

How is being topless modest? It is very immodest.

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I suppose this is open for interpretation, but usually "decent and appropriate" attire doesn't include nudity. The reference is *partially* to overdressing re: the gold and pearls, but if that's all that mattered then that's all it would say. Decent and appropriate is there for a reason. Also, I would argue that being topless sort of does call attention to yourself. Whether you're a man or woman. People look at bare flesh. I would say they look at bare flesh more than a string of pearls. Now, a string of pearls draped over bare breasts, that's truly the height of scandal.

I think this thread is hilarious.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I suppose this is open for interpretation, but usually "decent and appropriate" attire doesn't include nudity. The reference is *partially* to overdressing re: the gold and pearls, but if that's all that mattered then that's all it would say. Decent and appropriate is there for a reason. Also, I would argue that being topless sort of does call attention to yourself. Whether you're a man or woman. People look at bare flesh. I would say they look at bare flesh more than a string of pearls. Now, a string of pearls draped over bare breasts, that's truly the height of scandal.

I think this thread is hilarious.

But the thread isn't about anyone going nude, unless you consider a topless man to also be nude.

Being topless only calls attention to oneself only because of our social mores. If it became commonplace no one would notice it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Poppyseed78

Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could do with a little less exposing of body parts. I find it unsanitary and unhygienic. In high school and college, the girls would wear short shorts, and there was no air conditioning in some buildings, so the chairs would be slick with sweat. I'd wear longer shorts to avoid sitting in it. Who wants to sit in someone else's sweat puddle? To me, the same goes for exposed upper bodies. Just, ew. lol Just my two cents, I'm trying to pass the time here.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Try reading the verse I quoted.

http://www.calledtoholiness.com/writings/christian_apparel.php

Now it ought to be obvious to any thinking person that a woman dressed in gay colors or displaying her flesh cannot appear sober and grave. But the apostle Paul clearly commands women to dress soberly. Hence, if we are to believe the Bible and be subject to its commands, we must conclude that a Christian woman can wear only a sober color such as gray or black and that her dress must be full length and not form revealing, with full length sleeves and buttoned at the neck.

Upvote 0