United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have to disagree, respectfully.
I mean then why did Adam and Eve (Adam and Chava) trade in their fig leaf bikinis for animal skins? The animal was probably their best friend. Sad really so I think modest qualifies for under dressing too.

I believe that God replaced their fig-leaf bikinis with leather ones to get them ready for the cold, rough, dangerous world they would inhabit after leaving Eden. They didn't know what they would need; He did. In fact, they would need a lot more clothing than bikinis.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I believe that God replaced their fig-leaf bikinis with leather ones to get them ready for the cold, rough, dangerous world they would inhabit after leaving Eden. They didn't know what they would need; He did. In fact, they would need a lot more clothing than bikinis.
I totally agree Darkhorse. God is good

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ronit, no one here is suggesting that women be forced to go topless against their will. But it should be an individual choice. Why should a women be arrested and fined or jailed for doing what men commonly do?

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Ronit, no one here is suggesting that women be forced to go topless against their will. But it should be an individual choice. Why should a women be arrested and fined or jailed for doing what men commonly do?
Um, Because the female mammary glands have many functions. I'm not about to go into it.
I really can't believe this? I mean as A world have we gone Pagan or something?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Um, Because the female mammary glands have many functions. I'm not about to go into it.

Do you think its because the lack of a shirt looks more grotesque on females than males?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. But it will always be looked at as Sexual won't it.
Since most men tend to be visual. Am I right?
Nuff Said.

Even if it doesnt, it still draws attention to milk, which is why its different.

I dont agree with people who mention people drink cow milk and men lactate as an excuse. Cow milk has an order and a purpose thats in a different category than sexual and men lactating would be private if it was known about.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Did the world go Pagan when men started going topless on public?

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Or are we just going to have to pluck out our eyes if they make us stumble...???
Sin and placing a stumbling block is a two way street..
Our Lord was always covered, He was a good Hebrew man.

Scripture tells us that Peter fished while he was naked. It was common practice at the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Even if it doesnt, it still draws attention to milk, which is why its different.

I dont agree with people who mention people drink cow milk and men lactate as an excuse. Cow milk has an order and a purpose thats in a different category than sexual and men lactating would be private if it was known about.
You haven’t explained why producing milk somehow makes an organ sexual.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
John Piper defined sex as genitals and breast behavior.
John Piper is a teacher and minister. What qualifies him to comment on sex organs?

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Breasts are not sex organs. They are considered secondary sex characteristics. However, male chest hair and beards are also secondary sex characteristics, yet we don’t require men to cover their beard or chest.

I’m still waiting for your explanation as to how producing milk makes something a sex organ.

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I am really not understanding this argument. How is lactating in any way sexual? Breastfeeding is a natural function and if someone gets something sexual out of it, they have some bigger issues.

Upvote 0

HermanNeutics13

May 8, 2013
✟32,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What do you think the animal skins were for?
I suppose stringing a matured fig leaf might make a halfway decent bikini top?
They made the fig leaves to hide from God. They felt shame, but the shame was part of their sin. It was the serpent, not God that made them feel shame over their nakedness. God gave them animal skins to protect them from the harsh environment outside the garden.

Upvote 0