National Go Topless Day

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I just had a thought - I wonder since most of the hs guys would be under age 18, if those yearbook owners and the paper publishers could be charged with child inappropriate content?
Probably not then. When I went to HS all pickups had rifle racks in the back window with at least one rifle on it. We never had any problems.

bugkiller

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably not then. When I went to HS all pickups had rifle racks in the back window with at least one rifle on it. We never had any problems.

bugkiller
And we had a couple of paragraphs in our high school handbook on what the procedure was for bringing a gun to school.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dave-W said:
I just had a thought - I wonder since most of the hs guys would be under age 18, if those yearbook owners and the paper publishers could be charged with child inappropriate content?

It wouldn't have happened at that time when exploitive publication of erotic images of men were not so widely available or even known, and such photographs were not thought inappropriate in the same way. Nude children, prepubescent, were sometimes seen in a photograph published in the front of a newspaper section showing them running through sprinklers on a hot day. It was not a great issue before. The swimmers shown were not clearly identifiable even as children. But concern of child inappropriate contentography and prurient interests grew tremendously a few decades ago, with rulings to deal with it, and then such photographs were no longer being published. Even among nudists, who had nude children often displayed in photographs in their published literature, those were no longer shown at the time for those reasons, the fear of the prurient interests (and issues from the law) so great then, even with no problems created from it.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And we had a couple of paragraphs in our high school handbook on what the procedure was for bringing a gun to school.
Yeah know times are a changing. WOW! We were even given a chance to win a rifle when raising funds for projects. Guess we better get back on topic.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Poppyseed78 said:
I can't believe this thread is still going on. To me it's not such an important issue that it would require so much discussion and debate.

It is discussion that should not be just dismissed, or have someone come and do what they might to stop it. It is about an important issue for women. There is more of such freedom in certain other countries. Many women are supportive of such change for us generally with this movement, and if were not so, there would not be all the women seen involved with it. As long as there is any freedom for men that is not the same freedom for women, there will not be true equality in rights. So this is important along with any issue of equality that is addressed. It should have all the support it could have, as it does from many now. Christian women could support it too, if they won't just settle with doing what patriarchy tells them to do, there wouldn't be what is taught in the Bible that they would go contrary to with that.

Upvote 0

31gH9N.9.

Dec 27, 2016
USA
✟38,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is the 2286th comment on this thread and it has 115 pages, so maybe someone else has already said this but I think it's a matter of being modest and not making it easier for men to fall into sin. You can only do so much to possibly prevent it but we should at least do what we can do. I'm of the impression that women should not wear yoga pants in public, or short skirts or see through shirts or exposed bra straps,etc...etc...

Im not aware of anything men wear that is sexually revealing (at least normally wear) If there is I would be very open to not wearing something like that to help especially sisters of the faith. If there are any women on here that feel that top less men make them arroused then I will probably not go top less in public any more (I don't anyways.) there is the factor also that some people are just not as attractive as others and these things wouldn't be as much of a problem but where do you draw the line?

I honestly try to stay away from popular river spots were I know women will be in bikini's. I didn't even like the beaches in Hawaii when I went there.

Since this is a somewhat related topic, what do you guys think about an older woman at a church service telling the congregation a story about playing strip poker with her husband somewhat recently when they got a hotel room? I mean up on stage in front of everyone she told us this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I agree, wearing revealing clothing makes our fantasies grow. Mostly I don't find most of those fantasies give me a desire to take another man's wife. So no foul! Many of us hear have found that being around topless or even make people leads to all the coveting just going away. It works way better than all the lust self help, covenant eye software and accountability partners stuff.
As for a couple playing and talking about playing strip poker ... I love it. Couples need to know how to play with their sexual dsries they have for each other and to thank God for how wondrously they are made.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

31gH9N.9.

Dec 27, 2016
USA
✟38,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As for a couple playing and talking about playing strip poker ... I love it. Couples need to know how to play with their sexual dsries they have for each other and to thank God for how wondrously they are made.

I see no problem with a married couple playing strip poker together. The problem I saw with it was talking about it during the service. They had 3 couples and 1 singe lady on the stage talking about marriage and dating and how to do it biblical and keep it exciting. This was the there palm Sunday message. One person asked a certain couple a question and they would answer. The question for this answer was how to "keep the fire going".

The problem I saw with it was it being talked about like that in front of the whole congregation. I for one was very offended by it but it seems that most of the congregation was not as they all laughed and loved it. Maybe I'm old school but that's not something you talk about that openly. If she was telling the story to a group of younger women in a private setting then that would probably have been totally fine seeing that it could help them with their marriage.

Upvote 0

31gH9N.9.

Dec 27, 2016
USA
✟38,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree, wearing revealing clothing makes our fantasies grow. Mostly I don't find most of those fantasies give me a desire to take another man's wife. So no foul! Many of us hear have found that being around topless or even make people leads to all the coveting just going away. It works way better than all the lust self help, covenant eye software and accountability partners stuff.
I'm gonna look more into this. I used to hang out with people who practiced nudity, and I did sort of feel like it made it eventually seem normal somewhat but I still don't know how biblical the whole thing is. And wearing skimpy clothing does seem to make it even worse then just full blown nudity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
31gH9n ... I grew up with most topics of a sexual nature not being talked about. This communicated to me that is was shameful to talk about sex. But of course God in Song of Solomon has the whole romance and make sessions between Solomon and the Sulimite girl spelled out in an erotic poem. So over the years I've come to feel these things should be talked about. I don't believer everyone has to talk about them.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

31gH9N.9.

Dec 27, 2016
USA
✟38,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
31gH9n ... I grew up with most topics of a sexual nature not being talked about. This communicated to me that is was shameful to talk about sex. But of course God in Song of Solomon has the whole romance and make sessions between Solomon and the Sulimite girl spelled out in an erotic poem. So over the years I've come to feel these things should be talked about. I don't believer everyone has to talk about them.

You have a good point I totally get what you are saying. I just still feel like there is a time and place for it. I feel that it would have been a good thing to talk about at maybe a couples get together/ bible study or marriage counselling or something like that.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is the 2286th comment on this thread and it has 115 pages, so maybe someone else has already said this but I think it's a matter of being modest and not making it easier for men to fall into sin. You can only do so much to possibly prevent it but we should at least do what we can do. I'm of the impression that women should not wear yoga pants in public, or short skirts or see through shirts or exposed bra straps,etc...etc...

Im not aware of anything men wear that is sexually revealing (at least normally wear) If there is I would be very open to not wearing something like that to help especially sisters of the faith. If there are any women on here that feel that top less men make them arroused then I will probably not go top less in public any more (I don't anyways.) there is the factor also that some people are just not as attractive as others and these things wouldn't be as much of a problem but where do you draw the line?

I honestly try to stay away from popular river spots were I know women will be in bikini's. I didn't even like the beaches in Hawaii when I went there.

Since this is a somewhat related topic, what do you guys think about an older woman at a church service telling the congregation a story about playing strip poker with her husband somewhat recently when they got a hotel room? I mean up on stage in front of everyone she told us this.

You haven't read the entire thread, but it has already been noted that it was once illegal for men to go topless in public. It has also been noted that many women do find a well-proportioned male chest to be sexually attractive. However, most men today have no issues with going topless in public. The thread simply proposes extending that right to women.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have a good point I totally get what you are saying. I just still feel like there is a time and place for it. I feel that it would have been a good thing to talk about at maybe a couples get together/ bible study or marriage counselling or something like that.
Up here in Ontario a judge ruled that women can be topless; and on European beaches it's very widespread. Not that I recommend it.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
31gH9N.9. said:
I'm gonna look more into this. I used to hang out with people who practiced nudity, and I did sort of feel like it made it eventually seem normal somewhat but I still don't know how biblical the whole thing is. And wearing skimpy clothing does seem to make it even worse then just full blown nudity.

The Bible does not speak to such things that vary among cultures, at all. God's word is neutral to such, insofar as they do not go against Yahweh's stated will, which those who are all shirtless among each other, or with wearing still less, are not inherently doing with that.

faroukfarouk said:
Up here in Ontario a judge ruled that women can be topless; and on European beaches it's very widespread. Not that I recommend it.

Yet why not? Cultures change, and there is something changed in culture every few years. Who are we to think some things, that the Bible does not address, should not change? People just accept such change at some time, and move on. It can work in our culture if it is already working in other cultures. And wrong attitudes, or lust, that is claimed to happen, is not the responsibility of any but those who do have such, and they do so anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I live in Northern Europe and up here we wear swimming clothes on the beaches.
Well we mostly wear them, Occationally some people that bathe in saunas and go to swim afterwards take s skinnydip meaning they bathe naked, but that is usually not publically nor on public beaches, but it might be on some island where people can come and go. Nowadays also swimwear is skimpier than 20 year before and last summer I had no intention of flashing or anything but when diving head first I noticed when I came up from the water that my bikini was out of order, fortunatedly no guys were looking my way. After all I bought the biggest bikinitop I could find in the store for my two Es but after a fast dive one just slightly slipped off. Sorry. But it slipped on just as fast. I never used that one for diving again. I am rather modest when it comes to fashion.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Lust is a sin, and if You break the heart of Your wife or sweetheart or anyone elses love then think twice. On each occation that my husband have been around women that wear very skimpy clothing, even if it is one of my sisters, and He seems to enjoy it, I tend to feel first nauseous, then withdrawn from all form of being together with the company of the sister or woman in question and my husband and anyone that is together with them. I then go away to be alone where I can occupy myself with something else. In those moments I wonder if I should have ever married at all. I have probably been too abused, or I am too sensitive, but it is too late to cry over that now. Some people tend to think others are simply bodies but ignore the fact that we have deeper feelings too. In case I am together with other people, usually some other man or woman tries to cheer me up, probably seeing what is happening or they try to talk me into a divorce, that I probably can not have right now unless God makes some miracles. But if I were to use just as skimpy clothes as my sister that my husband enjoy then my husband will not even let our kids see me, at breakfast in a white shirt and pants allthough He thought it was allright that they saw her and even went into the sauna with her in a skimpy white rather seethrough bikini. I just could not be there. I felt awkward but as usual If I ever say anything they say I start a fight, and I do not want that either but neither do I want to throw up in a sauna. If people only could understand each other enough to respect each others weaknesses and strengths then life would be easier. Not all are born the same and with the same gifts within the same field. I think mothers ought to be ”angels”. Any other women can dress in whatever underwearlike garments when they go swimming but often a mans wife has to be an angel while the father prefers to behave like a devil on the beach, when the wife is swimming far away and the kids are off playing.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Ever heard the quote topless hot men? I was raised on the coast, there are fit men and women and fat menand women. Period. Talking about strippoker on a podium makes many thinking - and some - doodling charicatures in their psalmbooks of so and so playing strippoker in a closed down S-Hell station or worse place

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Sunbathing topless can end in rape here, has so on many occations, or accidentally the cleaning system for peoples toilet waste goes straight out where those babes sunbathe without tops, also if the bikinifashion gets too skimpy accidents are prone to happen, really don’t know why but some people get mad and somehow revenge because they don’t want their woman on the beach so the water or beach gets distroyed. That is why we should be careful too. After all there are a remote beach or lots of islands where one is not seen for people that want to bathe in the nude so one should not provoke on public beaches. Besides one could get arrested if one is too disturbing.

Upvote 0