Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kavanaugh lied and he displays a partisan temperment that makes him unfit to be judge.

Justices are partisan. This is no secret.

But Brett, like the justices, can set partisanship aside and be impartial (impartial having the meaning of not biased for or against a party before the Court).

Brett’s 12 years on the D.C Circuit speak to his professional, judicial character. His rant in an entirely different forum and different context is not reflective of who he is and will be on the bench.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,722.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is a “hill to die on.” This notion uncorroborated allegations of sexual misconduct and public indecency can impede a nominee to the Court is untenable. This sends a clear, unequivocal message, that uncorroborated allegations of sexual misconduct will not be permitted to keep nominees off the bench. Mere accusations are not sufficient to destroy the career and reputation of a nominee.
That's great, but care to address the OP? You know, things like

The statement cited a number of reasons for the demand, including Kavanaugh’s behavior during his recent testimony in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee on sexual assault allegations against him.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like he's tired of the silliness in DC and I can't say I blame him. If politicians were held to the same standard that some want to hold him to only about 20% of the 500+ seats would be filled. And I have no doubt that the ones wanting to deep six him now wouldn't even have a seat in DC.
That's probably true, but should that standard of being completely honest under oath be upheld by a judge and especially by a judge who thinks he belongs on the Supreme Court?
Retired SC Justice Stevens has withdrawn his support for Kavanaugh. Not because of the Ford allegations but because of how Kavanaugh behaved and what he said during the hearing.
That opening statement wasn't spur of the moment. He was emphatic that he wrote that statement himself and he wrote it some time before the hearing. "I was emotional" doesn't hold up when one has read a written statement when they had plenty of time to think over what they were saying.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Brett’s 12 years on the D.C Circuit speak to his professional, judicial character. His rant in an entirely different forum and different context is not reflective of who he is and will be on the bench.
Is it? What about his opening statement?
It's one thing to be on the bench where the judge has complete control over the courtroom, it's another when the same judge is cross examined and they don't tell the truth.

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟511,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it? What about his opening statement?
It's one thing to be on the bench where the judge has complete control over the courtroom, it's another when the same judge is cross examined and they don't tell the truth.

His lies were...what exactly?

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Retired SC Justice Stevens has withdrawn his support for Kavanaugh. Not because of the Ford allegations but because of how Kavanaugh behaved and what he said during the hearing.
That opening statement wasn't spur of the moment. He was emphatic that he wrote that statement himself and he wrote it some time before the hearing. "I was emotional" doesn't hold up when one has read a written statement when they had plenty of time to think over what they were saying.

Well he is entitled to an/his opinion but I'm just curious as to how he would react if the shoe was on the other foot, the world is full of hypocrites.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well he is entitled to an/his opinion but I'm just curious as to how he would react if the shoe was on the other foot, the world is full of hypocrites.
Are you a hypocrite? If not why would you think the Justice Stevens might be? Has he given you cause to think he might be?

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟511,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread, Kavanaugh Must Go, and the articles that have been posted should answer that question.

Yeah I have read them, but none of them clearly established Kavanaugh lied.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0