Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There's one thing about this that seems peculiar to me. After 12 years and all the attention that's been paid to this disappearance, the Father and the investigators he's worked with seem finally to have found something important--buried bones that, upon examination, were shown to be human. BUT why go public and appear on TV, etc. to tell this much of the story without waiting a few more weeks to complete the DNA testing of the bones to see if they are Natalee's or not?? Apparently, it's because of this: "Ward and Dave Holloway are taking part in a new TV series, "The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway," which premieres this weekend on the Oxygen network." (from the link provided by Ken Rank above)

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's one thing about this that seems peculiar to me. After all these years and all the attention that's been paid to this disappearance, the Father and the investigators he's worked with seem finally to have found something important--buried bones that, upon examination, were shown to be human. BUT why go public and appear on TV, etc. to tell this much of the story without waiting a few more weeks to complete the DNA testing of the bones to see if they are Natalee's or not??
Hmm, well, it also says he is a part of a TV show about the disappearance. Now, I can't imagine what losing a daughter would be like... my gosh, I shudder to think about what they went through. But, it has been 12 years, and even John Walsh turned his tragedy into a career. He helped many people through their grief and that is a great thing... but it was still a career. Perhaps Mr. Halloway has similar intentions which would give a clue as to why they would go public now.

Plus... the lead did come from a friend of a friend of Vander Slooth (whatever his name is) and that person led them right to the bones. Seems, sadly, they might have found her.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't mind that either Walsh or both parents of Natalee Holloway (she more than he) have made something of a career out of these tragedies, but I'm somewhat put off by Mr. Holloway rushing to publicize an upcoming TV show about her disappearance rather than waiting only a few more weeks when it will presumably be revealed if the bones are hers or not. What if they are not? This show will be nothing more than the umpteenth in a series of rehashes of the same old stuff.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't mind that either Walsh or both parents of Natalee Holloway (she more than he) have made something of a career out of these tragedies, but I'm somewhat put off by Mr. Holloway rushing to publicize an upcoming TV show about her disappearance rather than waiting only a few more weeks when it will presumably be revealed if the bones are hers or not. What if they are not? This show will be nothing more than the umpteenth in a series of rehashes of the same old stuff.
Agreed, and that is my point. I am not against them using the tragedy, often God does cause one to suffer so that same person might edify many. But I think in this case, Mr. Halloway clearly is using this to promote the show which again, I am not condemning him for, just pointing it out. The evidence that it is her (like clothing buried with the bones???) must be there. If not... might as well have Geraldo do a "Capone's Vault Part 2" :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums