Visit site
✟25,282.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you seriously believe that NASA is sending unusual terrestrial life forms to Mars so that they can be "discovered".

If this is what you think - why would NASA do this?

OB
No. But I try to keep one eye open. I do think that if traces of former life are found it originated on earth probably.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,110.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
No. But I try to keep one eye open. I do think that if traces of former life are found it originated on earth probably.

If traces of "former life"(?) were found and were determined to have not originated on Earth, would this be a problem for your religious belief?

NB: Given what we know about genetics and DNA we should be able to differentiate between an Earth originated imposter and a genuine Martian native.

OB

Upvote 0

power1

Oct 18, 2021
canada
Visit site
✟25,282.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If traces of "former life"(?) were found and were determined to have not originated on Earth, would this be a problem for your religious belief?
I doubt they have the ability to determine that.

NB: Given what we know about genetics and DNA we should be able to differentiate between an Earth originated imposter and a genuine Martian native.
No, I don't think so. DNA before the flood is not known to be the same as now. A lot changed. If we found, for example, some unknown organism in a lake deep under the Antarctic that had been protected and undisturbed since the flood era (the Russians do drill there) that was different from anything we know today, does that mean it was not from earth?

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

No, I don't think so. DNA before the flood is not known to be the same as now. A lot changed. If we found, for example, some unknown organism in a lake deep under the Antarctic that had been protected and undisturbed since the flood era (the Russians do drill there) that was different from anything we know today, does that mean it was not from earth?

There was no worldwide flood.

According to you, how old is the earth?

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,110.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
You could take a standard DNA test tomorrow, for less than $100, which would tell you where your ancestors came from. The same principle applies to all living things. If there are Martians their DNA will be unique.

If the flood actually happened as reported in the Bible, we would have to rewrite geology, palaeontology, biology, microbiology, physics, genetics, archaeology etc. etc.

If the flood had actually happened, the DNA of post-flood animals could only come from pre-flood animals on the Ark. This DNA would be part of the same chain of DNA belonging to all pre-flood animals including something buried under the Antarctic.

I'm guessing that you don't know much about DNA.

I still don't understand why NASA would bother to fake a Martian and how they could possibly get away with it.

OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,833.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship

How extensive do you suppose the flood was-
World wide, overtopped Everest, or what?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

OB
Like a heavenly being that comes to Earth, is changed into a new born human and claims to be the person responsible for creation. Is later crucified and resurrects in a completely different life form. This is a problem within sciences.

Earth originated stories between imposters and the genuine article have been discussed in academia and do have an Achilles heel. Contamination from decomposition at the time of death when bacteria and or fungus are present can give misleading results.

DNA and the Starchild Skull: No Alien Hybrids Here - Dr. Michael Heiser

The problem with religious belief as with all belief systems is the lack of uniformity by all those who are involved with it. Add to that a long length of time, the loss of generational knowledge occurs. Much like the claim that Copernicus discovered that the Earth orbits the Sun, there is a Greek astronomer from the 3rd century, Aristarchus of Samos who had the same general idea.

From the little I remember, this question of origins can be traced back to the ancient Greeks.

"Either, therefore, the initial assumptions must be rejected, or there must be only one center and one circumference; and given this latter fact, it follows from the same evidence and by the same compulsion, that the world must be unique. There cannot be several worlds" Aristotle

Exo-Vaticana: Plato, Aristotle, Epicureans and the Apostle Paul

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,833.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Like a heavenly being that comes to Earth, is changed into a new born human and claims to be the person responsible for creation. Is later crucified and resurrects in a completely different life form. This is a problem within sciences.

Earth originated stories between imposters and the genuine article have been discussed in academia and do have an Achilles heel. Contamination from decomposition at the time of death when bacteria and or fungus are present can give misleading results.

DNA and the Starchild Skull: No Alien Hybrids Here - Dr. Michael Heiser

The problem with religious belief as with all belief systems is the lack of uniformity by all those who are involved with it. Add to that a long length of time, the loss of generational knowledge occurs. Much like the claim that Copernicus discovered that the Earth orbits the Sun, there is a Greek astronomer from the 3rd century, Aristarchus of Samos who had the same general idea.

From the little I remember, this question of origins can be traced back to the ancient Greeks.

"Either, therefore, the initial assumptions must be rejected, or there must be only one center and one circumference; and given this latter fact, it follows from the same evidence and by the same compulsion, that the world must be unique. There cannot be several worlds" Aristotle

Exo-Vaticana: Plato, Aristotle, Epicureans and the Apostle Paul

Huh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.