Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
anyone seen Naruto? i saw glimpses of the first episode and refused to watch anymore after Naruto used the technique and turned into a... um.. woman..

but i got bored and decided to watch a bit, and i'm glad that i did not miss it!

oh yeah, the main character is drawn pretty weird, maybe the lines on Naruto's face are there to make him seem more malicious when the seal becomes weak, still, it took me quite a while to get used to his face.

Arthur Dietrich

Prince of the Earth
Jul 28, 2003
✟934.00
Faith
Agnostic
SEKUSHII NO JUTSU! XXXDD

I love Naruto. The animation mirrors the manga. If you pause it at certain times they still frames match the drawings of the manga exactly.

As for Naruto transforming into a woman...he just did it for attention. XP He pulls all these pranks and gets in all sorts of trouble because he wants to be noticed. I won't go into too much detail, lest I reveal too much...I'll just say he grows out of causing trouble to get attention.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Arthur Dietrich said:
SEKUSHII NO JUTSU! XXXDD
what's that? or did you make it up. If not, sorry for not recognising it!

it's so sad when the scenes that explain why he wants people to notice him come up. I always get melancholy watching those!

what about Sasuke? he steals the show so much. I wonder whether Naruto really is the main character. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Ajnin

Here's looking at you.
Jul 12, 2002
From WCW Special Forces
Visit site
✟15,573.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
I've watched all the Naruto episodes up to no. 56, and I must say it's become very FF6 in that it's starting to get to the point where there isn't a main character. That's not a bad thing by the way, because they are all very well developed. For example I like Rock Lee and the whiner guy a lot more right now.

There are a couple of major downsides to the series, which I kind of figured there would be when I found out who was creating it. In some of the early episodes it got to the point where you could skip the last five minutes because it would be replayed in the first five minutes of the next episode. And not to ruin it for anyone, but it's been about ten or twenty episodes since I've seen one of my favorite bits, "Inner Sakura"

And what's with the hatered of Sasuke, I find his personal competition with Naruto hilarious.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
oh, no main charater? i don't mind, so long as they're well developed as you said. :) (but the anime is named 'Naruto'...)
i think there're lots of replays, flashbacks in the series, which isn't all that bad, but sometimes they just take up too much time in an episode.

lol, yeah, i agree, especially when Naruto always needs saving and he gets heated up over being saved.

i'm a bit disappointed that there aren't many action scenes with Sakura in it, though she's the brightest, she doesn't do much in the earlier episodes.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
i get up to that point. Rock Lee.. he comes out first as a hilarious character, but at the end, he's so um, noble?
my heart was breaking when i watched that sad episode.. why the heck did the author make him lose?! :cry:

more in white, highlight to read:
i think the determination of his has become a major weakness.. it's a real pity, especially seeing how he still doesn't give up in the hospital.

Upvote 0

Ajnin

Here's looking at you.
Jul 12, 2002
From WCW Special Forces
Visit site
✟15,573.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Highlight for the whole spiel, I don't feel like watching what I say and there's probably a bunch of spoilers.

It's my opinion that they had Rock Lee lose because he had already proven that he is indeed a ninja. If he had faced anyone besides Gaara, he would have won. Another reason that pops into my head is for storyline reasons. Which makes a lot more sense. There are only 8 positions to be taken in the Tournament, so they have a limited number of characters they must fit in. All three main characters, Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto, the Three Desert ninjas, Neiji, who must be beaten, and the smart guy, who must win. I haven't seen or read the Manga, but my guess is that all the people who pass into the the tournament become Chuuinin and go on missions in whatever upcoming crisis there might be. The writer must have a character conflict planned between the Leaf - nin. Just my guess.

Cheer up though, Rock Lee gets more face time at episode 58, although I'm not quite sure if he says anything. And Naruto's training for the tournament rules. "LOOK, IT'S GOT LEGS!"

Upvote 0

ferment8

Sesshoumaru
Mar 16, 2002
Sydney.. where else?
Visit site
✟8,051.00
Faith
Christian
haha i watched up to episode 56, cant wait for the rest. Yeh, its indeed a very good anime, LOADS of character development, which i like. Althought its kinda slow, a few minutes of fight can turn into 2 episodes long. Other than that, its as good as Kenshin. Thought lacking a bit of history.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
spoilers:

i wonder why the author let Shikamaru win, he's so weak (just fights i mean) compared to Lee, but then i guess he wants at least one person from each team to get in, and to think all three members of the sand country got in....:eek:

yeah, Naruto's training is absolutely hilarious! a tadpole :D :D :D i was laughing my head off, haha, and when Naruto got distressed about whether a frog is a frog? hehe. but his training to summon a really big frog (toad?) at the end is just a bit too much, throwing somebody off the cliff?? he could have died!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ignight

Oct 11, 2006
Guess....
✟7,903.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you guys find anything objectibal in Narituo? I was really addicted for awaile but I had to learn to forget it because it pulled me away from God and I was afraid my parents would not approve. Do you guys think all the chacara and transforming,clones,ect, fox demon, are all right to watch. I need help making a decition.

Upvote 0

ScarletWitch

If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
Aug 10, 2005
✟11,303.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Do you guys find anything objectibal in Narituo? I was really addicted for awaile but I had to learn to forget it because it pulled me away from God and I was afraid my parents would not approve. Do you guys think all the chacara and transforming,clones,ect, fox demon, are all right to watch. I need help making a decition.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, as long as you do not think the animated things are real and if you don't try to do the 'bad' things you've seen on anime then it's alright to watch it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
what about Sasuke? he steals the show so much. I wonder whether Naruto really is the main character. :rolleyes:
He eventually leaves, don't worry. ;)

Out of curiousity, are you watching in English or in Japanese? I watched maybe 5 minutes of an episode in English, and I almost barfed. Everyone sounds like weak little kids, and the voice acting just seems... pitiful.

Oh, just wait until Naruto and Sasuke have their real fight. It's quite the battle!

Upvote 0