1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Narrowly avoided a big mistake

Discussion in 'Baptists' started by daveleau, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveleau

daveleau In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind

+680
    Christian
    Married
    I was talking to one of my fellow crew member's wives at our pig-picking today, and she told me they'd been married for 2 months. I said that my wife and I still felt like newlyweds despite being married for almost 4 years. I then looked at my watch for the date and realized that my anniversary is in 4 days. I totally forgot! Glad I was there and was talking about that with her. I am usually very good about dates like this, but this one would have been bad. :)

2. £amb

£amb Guest

+0

Don't let her know you forgot....;)...or she'll never let you forget that you forgot!

3. aReformedPatriot

aReformedPatriot Ron Paul for President!

+82
    Calvinist
    Single
    phew! Close Call my friend.

4. Sword-In-Hand

Sword-In-Hand Born again to raze hell

+142
    Baptist
    Married
    lol, good thing you remembered. whats strange in my marriage, is i have to remind my wife when our date is.:thumbsup:

5. Carrye

Carrye Weisenheimer

+713
    Catholic
    Single
    Sounds like a God thing.

6. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 August Back to School

+9,750
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    Very close call indeed
    Glad that you corrected it my friend
    :thumbsup: :wave:

7. daveleau

daveleau In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind

+680
    Christian
    Married
    In church, our pastor asks our small congregation if anyone's having a b-day or anniv. in the coming week. I was acting as usher, so I was in the back and I noticed my wife didn't raise her hand. So, I did, and my wife was amazed, because SHE'D forgotten. :D Pretty funny. :D

8. £amb

£amb Guest

+0
    See...now you can tell her that you'd forgotten, but then remembered and then she forgot but was suprised that you remembered! Got all that?...:thumbsup:

God must of been watching your back..;)

9. AmericanGirl

AmericanGirl I love the US Army

+106
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Funny! :D

10. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    Whew! It's great that the Lord found a way to remind you before it was too late! It was great you remembered the actual date, too! :D

11. Imblessed

Imblessed Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage

+107
    Calvinist
    Married
    My husband and I are always remembering at the last minute! last year we told everyone we were celebrating our 13th--- we thought that for weeks---then realized it was only our 12th! This year(oct 1) was our 13th!

12. RED that's ME

RED that's ME *~*God *IS* Love*~*

+1,299
    Baptist
    lol God does look out for us even in the small things :p

[​IMG]

13. Sword-In-Hand

Sword-In-Hand Born again to raze hell

+142
    Baptist
    Married
    Bleh, they make us come up and stand in front of the congregation and play the corniest anniversary song ever. But I never pass up an opportunity to humiliate myself ;)

14. JPPT1974

+9,750
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    I have humilated myself many times.
    And we do sing corniest and childlish songs many, many, times at my church.
    It ain't the first nor will it be the last time. :sigh:

15. lucybee

lucybee Regular Member

+8
    Baptist
    Thats funny, this past year both of my parents along with all of us kids (6) forgot their anniversary.... When my grandpa called to wish them happiness and give them their gift (a car) he had to remind them :D

16. JPPT1974

+9,750
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    How funny that is.
    At least your grandpa reminded them though.
    LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.