Cair Paravel
✟20,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am going to be starting a Narnia reading group on the 17th of February. I already have a few people on this form who said that they are interested( thank you Tolkien).We will be reading through the Narnia series in chronological order starting with The Magicians Nephew first.

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I am going to be starting a Narnia reading group on the 17th of February. I already have a few people on this form who said that they are interested( thank you Tolkien).We will be reading through the Narnia series in chronological order starting with The Magicians Nephew first.
Are there any hopes of reading and discussing others of his books?

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Sir Edmon the Just

Feb 8, 2019
Cair Paravel
✟20,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm in, too, with my grandson. He's home schooled and this is perfect timing for his next book. It will helpful to have other Christian's input. :)
That's awesome, I am home schooled as well.

Are there any hopes of reading and discussing others of his books?
Yes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's awesome, I am home schooled as well.

Perhaps, but it will be mostly about Narnia.
Oh good, that should make my grandson feel more comfortable. Great idea, I'm looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

Tolkien R.R.J

Jul 23, 2018
Virginia
✟74,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh good, that should make my grandson feel more comfortable. Great idea, I'm looking forward to it.

And me and my wife home school our kids.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just before we start, I would like to know for how many of you is it your first time reading Narnia?
I've only read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and my grandson hasn't read any of them.

Upvote 0

Sevilodorf

Feb 16, 2019
Bakersfield
✟16,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just before we start, I would like to know for how many of you is it your first time reading Narnia?
Greeting Sir Edmon, I'm a long time reader of Narnia. (two score and eight). They were the first books I personally bought with my own money...and that was because I got really really tired of the next book not being in the library when I wanted it. I'm glad you've decided to start with Magician's Nephew rather than LWW. Looking forward to discussing Narnia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Would it be derailing of this discussion to go off on the tangent that I personally........ suspect that there is far, far, far, far, far more to some of these books than we might tend to imagine at first?

For example..... "The Torch and the Sword" by Rick Joyner is very similar in tone to the Narnia series by C. S. Lewis and he was shown that what he was viewing..... was real.... but in a higher invisible dimension of space and time!

All of this fits perfectly with String Theory...... and many near death experience accounts.

• Informative
Reactions: Tolkien R.R.J
Upvote 0

PoppyB

Apr 5, 2019
Bolton
✟30,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would it be derailing of this discussion to go off on the tangent that I personally........ suspect that there is far, far, far, far, far more to some of these books than we might tend to imagine at first?

For example..... "The Torch and the Sword" by Rick Joyner is very similar in tone to the Narnia series by C. S. Lewis and he was shown that what he was viewing..... was real.... but in a higher invisible dimension of space and time!

All of this fits perfectly with String Theory...... and many near death experience accounts.

I saw a TV programme a few years ago unveiling all the hidden mysteries in the Chronicles of Narnia books. I can't remember what they were but it was astounding. The guy said it just came to him. I wish I could remember what it was called but maybe you could find it on Google if you tried long enough. :)

Upvote 0

PoppyB

Apr 5, 2019
Bolton
✟30,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Tone