• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Narcotic Med Tolerance

One day at a time

Always in a state of change.....
Apr 26, 2009
sitting in my recliner--I'm sure!
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know exactly how you feel.....I feel the cold and realize how much it affects my body! I feel like an old woman (which I'm sure is up for debate anyway!).....
I too have so much that needs to be done....Thanksgiving is coming and so much to do! UGH!

Reactions: Fangtastic
Upvote 0

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm waiting for the time when I can get to the chiropractor....I still have to wait for bone growth....and then I'm there! I love my chiropractor and he is a great Christian man. He used to be in sport med and physical therapy so when we go...he knows exactly what we need...I love that! I trust him over my dr....so whenever something comes up we go to him first!
Since I have had my surgery...I've battle nausea and dizziness....I've talked to the dr and he told me to go to my primary care physician. But I get motion sickness too...just walking and getting in the car! UGH!

Upvote 0

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know it has definitely has helped me. After my neck fusion he gave me movement back so I could turn my head...it's not 100% but then it never can be, but he has brought me relief :D.
Hope you get some relief!

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if Chiro blocks our pain or actually heals it. Have you ever wondered this? My chiropractor is so busy it's a 20 minute wait at the clinic usually. I'm headed there in a bit. You have a good day ^

I'm not a doctor but I go to a chiropractor. I believe the treatments help separate my discs leaving them less compressed and sort out the nerves. The electrical stimulation, heat pad for 20 minutes, and light massage afterwards enhances the treatment. I just wish my insurance company paid for more treatments.

Upvote 0
G

grainofsalt

There is a medication called Nucynta that is worth looking into. It builds tolerance at roughly 1/2 the pace that morphine does and has a lower risk of addiction. It doesn't need to be processed by the liver so its easier on the body. However, just like every darn medication, there are side effects. Although the medication is of a lower risk and powerful, it is NOT as potent as morphine. However, it can be prescribed up to 200 mgs per day 3x a day and 150 mgs are supposed to be *roughly* = 50 mgs of morphine. There are less stomach side effects and less drowsiness with nucynta, but the risk of things like anxiety, mild haluncinations, and side effects more common with anti depressants. The medication is based of of the metabolite of tramadol and is about 3 times as strong as tramadol.

I hope this helps and I hope you feel better. :)

Upvote 0

Fangtastic

plays with logs
Feb 7, 2005
Atomic Space Someplace
✟9,950.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not a doctor but I go to a chiropractor. I believe the treatments help separate my discs leaving them less compressed and sort out the nerves. The electrical stimulation, heat pad for 20 minutes, and light massage afterwards enhances the treatment. I just wish my insurance company paid for more treatments.

I think you're right in what you are saying.It's an all out mystery to me how chiro helps. I try not to miss,3 times a week right now..may go back to 2 when I feel better.

Upvote 0

Fangtastic

plays with logs
Feb 7, 2005
Atomic Space Someplace
✟9,950.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know it has definitely has helped me. After my neck fusion he gave me movement back so I could turn my head...it's not 100% but then it never can be, but he has brought me relief :D.
Hope you get some relief!
Hi , I am leaving this forum but how I wish you so much healing,pain relief . How were your holidays? Pain? Is it only in the neck area? By the way, I am on facebook and maybe I can stay in touch that way.

Ryker

check your reputation log. I do wish you well.

Upvote 0

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry to see you go fangtastic......:(

Well....they have messed with my meds again. They took me off Lortab 7.5..to 5 and then to 2.5! I was like WHAT?!! My body has been going insane! So I called them and told them that the 2.5 does not do it. The guy was like let me get my file and see. He said the dr. wrote in my file that I said I was feeling pretty good after the surgery, that I looked good and was smiling. Soooooooo.......they automatically assumed that I was fine but yet they never checked up on me nor did I call them....so I guess it goes both ways right?
Anyway, I told them that I was looking into pain management and they were more than anxious to refer me!! I called today with some information and I already have an appt. for this next week....Crazy! I hope it works because the pain in my back and legs are making me insane!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sheba1964

Jan 5, 2011
New Zealand
✟15,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Prayers & blessings to all of you that are suffering pain---From a newbie who understands & suffers along side you.
You all give me courage as I read your posts.We will have to have a party in heaven,to celebrate Gods mercy that got us thru & to the end of the race he set.
Glory to God the father,Jesus & the Holy spirit who keeps us in his hands.

Upvote 0