liesje

Singing in the rain
Aug 30, 2008
✟17,066.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've never seriously considered doing NaNo before...it would be fun I think, but I know I'd struggle to get anywhere near the word limit, and I have exams for the first week and a half of the month...

Do you plan what you are going to write beforehand or does it all have to be from scatch?

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You can do research, write outlines, create a synopsis and summary all before hand. You just can't start writing the novel proper until Nov. 1.

There are many people who don't get to 50k but it's a fun process to try anyway :)

Upvote 0

liesje

Singing in the rain
Aug 30, 2008
✟17,066.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
but my characters to tend to take the reins whenever I try to write something, so it may turn out entirely different to what I have planned!

Mine love to do that as well :)

I'm thinking I might do NaNo now that I know I'll be free for all or most of the month. I'm struggling to come up with a plot...I keep getting caught up on my WIPs, but I can't legitimately use them. Ah well. There's still a couple of weeks to think.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm signed up and ready to go this year...hoping to finally win!
I had a decent plot-ish, but unfortunately I threw it out before thinking up something else. Oops!

We'll see what happens this year. :)

Best wishes to everyone in their noveling!!!

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
While I wait, I'm finishing up my novel from last year. In the past week I've churned out about 5k words but I'm not power-writing like NaNo. It's more to get the story done than word count. I just want to get it done so I can get it queried.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums